Friday, March 9
This trip was quite different for me as so much of it revolved around socializing. It was wonderful though, in a very different way than the all sightseeing focused trips I might otherwise have when visiting Europe. We did manage to do some sightseeing though
I flew KC-ORD-CDG on Friday, March 9. For some reason I booked flights that left me with a 5 hour layover in Chicago. It must have been cheaper! I had a late breakfast/early lunch, and then walked briskly all over the terminal, figuring I would be sitting for hours later on.
The Backrub Hub caught my eye, and I settled in for a 30 minute seated massage. Such a good idea! Relaxed, I headed back to my terminal, and looked for a grilled chicken sandwich. Someone had posted a link to an article about resetting
your body clock by stopping eating 12-15 hours before the time you want to wake up in your new time zone, then breaking the fast with breakfast at the new time. So, I needed to eat my last meal by 2 pm.
I got my sandwich, and finally just settled in for some people watching. Lots and lots and lots of women with skinny jeans or leggings and boots. Lots of school groups, and family groups getting ready to head for Paris. Everyone is in a pretty good mood.
The flight was uneventful, although my brand new TravelRest pillow would not stay inflated (www.travelrest.com) They did quickly send me a new one when I returned home but I was disappointed not to be able to use it on the trip as my friend declared it the best travel pillow ever.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 2 Prem fares (again)
- 3 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 4 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 5 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 6 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 7 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 3 days solo in London
- 10 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 11 Chania
- 12 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 13 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 16 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 17 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 18 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 19 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 22 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 23 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 24 Help on ancient history route
- 25 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
Paris Trip Report at last. The usual plus the Tuileries as a pickup joint?
Friday, March 9