Friday, March 9
This trip was quite different for me as so much of it revolved around socializing. It was wonderful though, in a very different way than the all sightseeing focused trips I might otherwise have when visiting Europe. We did manage to do some sightseeing though
I flew KC-ORD-CDG on Friday, March 9. For some reason I booked flights that left me with a 5 hour layover in Chicago. It must have been cheaper! I had a late breakfast/early lunch, and then walked briskly all over the terminal, figuring I would be sitting for hours later on.
The Backrub Hub caught my eye, and I settled in for a 30 minute seated massage. Such a good idea! Relaxed, I headed back to my terminal, and looked for a grilled chicken sandwich. Someone had posted a link to an article about resetting
your body clock by stopping eating 12-15 hours before the time you want to wake up in your new time zone, then breaking the fast with breakfast at the new time. So, I needed to eat my last meal by 2 pm.
I got my sandwich, and finally just settled in for some people watching. Lots and lots and lots of women with skinny jeans or leggings and boots. Lots of school groups, and family groups getting ready to head for Paris. Everyone is in a pretty good mood.
The flight was uneventful, although my brand new TravelRest pillow would not stay inflated (www.travelrest.com) They did quickly send me a new one when I returned home but I was disappointed not to be able to use it on the trip as my friend declared it the best travel pillow ever.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 3 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 4 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 5 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 6 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 9 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 10 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 11 Spain in July
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Acropolis Athens
- 14 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 17 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 18 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 19 We're here!
- 20 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 21 Trip Ideas
- 22 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 23 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 24 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 25 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
Paris Trip Report at last. The usual plus the Tuileries as a pickup joint?
Friday, March 9