Friday, March 9
This trip was quite different for me as so much of it revolved around socializing. It was wonderful though, in a very different way than the all sightseeing focused trips I might otherwise have when visiting Europe. We did manage to do some sightseeing though
I flew KC-ORD-CDG on Friday, March 9. For some reason I booked flights that left me with a 5 hour layover in Chicago. It must have been cheaper! I had a late breakfast/early lunch, and then walked briskly all over the terminal, figuring I would be sitting for hours later on.
The Backrub Hub caught my eye, and I settled in for a 30 minute seated massage. Such a good idea! Relaxed, I headed back to my terminal, and looked for a grilled chicken sandwich. Someone had posted a link to an article about resetting
your body clock by stopping eating 12-15 hours before the time you want to wake up in your new time zone, then breaking the fast with breakfast at the new time. So, I needed to eat my last meal by 2 pm.
I got my sandwich, and finally just settled in for some people watching. Lots and lots and lots of women with skinny jeans or leggings and boots. Lots of school groups, and family groups getting ready to head for Paris. Everyone is in a pretty good mood.
The flight was uneventful, although my brand new TravelRest pillow would not stay inflated (www.travelrest.com) They did quickly send me a new one when I returned home but I was disappointed not to be able to use it on the trip as my friend declared it the best travel pillow ever.
Paris Trip Report at last. The usual plus the Tuileries as a pickup joint?
Friday, March 9
- 1 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 2 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 3 Drive Rome Florence
- 4 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 5 Backpacking for the first time in 2014
- 6 Which tour company would be best?
- 7 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 8 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 9 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 10 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 11 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 12 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 13 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 14 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 15 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 16 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 17 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 18 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 19 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 20 Northern Italy
- 21 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 22 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 23 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 24 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 25 France by rail or car?