Friday, March 9
This trip was quite different for me as so much of it revolved around socializing. It was wonderful though, in a very different way than the all sightseeing focused trips I might otherwise have when visiting Europe. We did manage to do some sightseeing though
I flew KC-ORD-CDG on Friday, March 9. For some reason I booked flights that left me with a 5 hour layover in Chicago. It must have been cheaper! I had a late breakfast/early lunch, and then walked briskly all over the terminal, figuring I would be sitting for hours later on.
The Backrub Hub caught my eye, and I settled in for a 30 minute seated massage. Such a good idea! Relaxed, I headed back to my terminal, and looked for a grilled chicken sandwich. Someone had posted a link to an article about resetting
your body clock by stopping eating 12-15 hours before the time you want to wake up in your new time zone, then breaking the fast with breakfast at the new time. So, I needed to eat my last meal by 2 pm.
I got my sandwich, and finally just settled in for some people watching. Lots and lots and lots of women with skinny jeans or leggings and boots. Lots of school groups, and family groups getting ready to head for Paris. Everyone is in a pretty good mood.
The flight was uneventful, although my brand new TravelRest pillow would not stay inflated (www.travelrest.com) They did quickly send me a new one when I returned home but I was disappointed not to be able to use it on the trip as my friend declared it the best travel pillow ever.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://getmenshealth.com/vxl-male-enhancement/
- 2 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 3 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 4 K-Day
- 5 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 6 ATM at airport
- 7 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 8 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 9 Flat in London
- 10 Lay over time
- 11 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 12 Sundays in Puglia
- 13 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 14 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 15 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 16 Greek Islands (small)
- 17 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 20 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 21 Spain in December
- 22 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 25 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
Paris Trip Report at last. The usual plus the Tuileries as a pickup joint?
Friday, March 9