The short story:
What are the Must-See attractions in Paris, besides the Louvre?
The VERY long story:
Confessing is step #1 to recovery: I am a trip-planning addict.
I love to travel... But almost as much as I love to travel, I love to PLAN! I have had 2 major vacations in the last few years: Italy in 2008 and Ireland in 2010. I obsessed about planning these trips months in advance. In my planning, I would even go as far as detailing where we would eat almost every meal (after obsessing over reviews from recommended restaurants, of course).
While it was so much fun to plan, it left me slightly disappointed while I was vacationing. (What do you mean you are out of scallops?!?...that was the highest rated menu item in the reviews I read!) Do you see where I am coming from...too much planning is... too much.
Why am I posting a thread about my traveling addictions on this website?...you may ask yourself. While it may appear to be an indication that I am relapsing...I assure you it is not.
In fact, our trip to Munich-Paris-Brugge is in 2 weeks...and I haven't planned anything!! Besides finding reasonably rated/priced accomodations(that's just good, common sense) , I haven't detailed what attractions we will be visiting or what there is to do in these cities. We will be in Munich for 3 days, Paris for 4, and brugge/brussels for 3.
Munich during Oktoberfest seems to sort of plan itself... and we won't be in Belgium long enough for me to have a chance to get bored. But Paris is another story......
Paris has been on the top of my list of places to see! I want to make sure that I don't miss the essentials while there. The only set plan we have is to see the Louvre (our apartment is across the street). My husband and I are 31 and enjoy good food, good drinks, and culture. So, after this long history, I must ask the question...
What are the few things I must do in Paris that will allow me to relax and enjoy the city?? Please don't get specific on me...generalities would be greatly appreciated!
Paris- Trip-planning addict needs help to avoid relapse!
The short story:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 2 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 3 Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice
- 4 Scotland Votes "No"
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 1 week Tuscany in November
- 7 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 8 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 9 Sunny September Trip Report
- 10 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 11 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 12 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 13 Gift for French business associate
- 14 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 15 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 16 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 19 Gtg San Antonio
- 20 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 21 Early October 2014 Trip to Mosel Valley and Rhineland
- 22 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 23 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 24 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 25 Help please! Value lodging in Italy