The short story:
What are the Must-See attractions in Paris, besides the Louvre?
The VERY long story:
Confessing is step #1 to recovery: I am a trip-planning addict.
I love to travel... But almost as much as I love to travel, I love to PLAN! I have had 2 major vacations in the last few years: Italy in 2008 and Ireland in 2010. I obsessed about planning these trips months in advance. In my planning, I would even go as far as detailing where we would eat almost every meal (after obsessing over reviews from recommended restaurants, of course).
While it was so much fun to plan, it left me slightly disappointed while I was vacationing. (What do you mean you are out of scallops?!?...that was the highest rated menu item in the reviews I read!) Do you see where I am coming from...too much planning is... too much.
Why am I posting a thread about my traveling addictions on this website?...you may ask yourself. While it may appear to be an indication that I am relapsing...I assure you it is not.
In fact, our trip to Munich-Paris-Brugge is in 2 weeks...and I haven't planned anything!! Besides finding reasonably rated/priced accomodations(that's just good, common sense) , I haven't detailed what attractions we will be visiting or what there is to do in these cities. We will be in Munich for 3 days, Paris for 4, and brugge/brussels for 3.
Munich during Oktoberfest seems to sort of plan itself... and we won't be in Belgium long enough for me to have a chance to get bored. But Paris is another story......
Paris has been on the top of my list of places to see! I want to make sure that I don't miss the essentials while there. The only set plan we have is to see the Louvre (our apartment is across the street). My husband and I are 31 and enjoy good food, good drinks, and culture. So, after this long history, I must ask the question...
What are the few things I must do in Paris that will allow me to relax and enjoy the city?? Please don't get specific on me...generalities would be greatly appreciated!
Paris- Trip-planning addict needs help to avoid relapse!
The short story:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 2 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 3 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 4 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 5 3 Countries - Bar Trip - need advice
- 6 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 7 Italy travelogue, Part III (Positano & the Amalfi Coast)
- 8 St Germain
- 9 A Greek sojourn
- 10 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 11 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 12 Burgundy in May
- 13 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 14 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 15 AIRBNB in Paris?
- 16 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 17 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 18 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 19 Kimhe--flamenco
- 20 2 weeks in Norway in May, need itinerary help!
- 21 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 22 Norway Advice
- 23 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 24 Small town near London for an overnight stay - suggestions please
- 25 Is Venice really dirty?