The short story:
What are the Must-See attractions in Paris, besides the Louvre?
The VERY long story:
Confessing is step #1 to recovery: I am a trip-planning addict.
I love to travel... But almost as much as I love to travel, I love to PLAN! I have had 2 major vacations in the last few years: Italy in 2008 and Ireland in 2010. I obsessed about planning these trips months in advance. In my planning, I would even go as far as detailing where we would eat almost every meal (after obsessing over reviews from recommended restaurants, of course).
While it was so much fun to plan, it left me slightly disappointed while I was vacationing. (What do you mean you are out of scallops?!?...that was the highest rated menu item in the reviews I read!) Do you see where I am coming from...too much planning is... too much.
Why am I posting a thread about my traveling addictions on this website?...you may ask yourself. While it may appear to be an indication that I am relapsing...I assure you it is not.
In fact, our trip to Munich-Paris-Brugge is in 2 weeks...and I haven't planned anything!! Besides finding reasonably rated/priced accomodations(that's just good, common sense) , I haven't detailed what attractions we will be visiting or what there is to do in these cities. We will be in Munich for 3 days, Paris for 4, and brugge/brussels for 3.
Munich during Oktoberfest seems to sort of plan itself... and we won't be in Belgium long enough for me to have a chance to get bored. But Paris is another story......
Paris has been on the top of my list of places to see! I want to make sure that I don't miss the essentials while there. The only set plan we have is to see the Louvre (our apartment is across the street). My husband and I are 31 and enjoy good food, good drinks, and culture. So, after this long history, I must ask the question...
What are the few things I must do in Paris that will allow me to relax and enjoy the city?? Please don't get specific on me...generalities would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Triple Occupancy room Amalfi Coast
- 2 One day in Paris!
- 3 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 4 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 5 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 6 Champagne Houses open in December - Reims
- 7 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 8 I want to buy a European flat iron
- 9 Eiffel Tower - look at it, eat there, or go up
- 10 Must do/see in Rome
- 11 Travel in England and Scotland
- 12 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 13 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 14 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 15 Free use of a owned apartment in Berlin
- 16 Groupon Tours
- 17 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 18 St. Petersburg plus
- 19 U K Shelves Ambitious Rail Improvements
- 20 Help required for Germany trip plan
- 21 Baltic Sea Ports of Call and suggested Tour Guides
- 22 One night between Marseille and St.Remy?
- 23 Irish Hotel Choices for Killarney and Adare
- 24 Georges - Pompidou center
- 25 Germany to Austria in 11 days? Help!
The short story: