The short story:
What are the Must-See attractions in Paris, besides the Louvre?
The VERY long story:
Confessing is step #1 to recovery: I am a trip-planning addict.
I love to travel... But almost as much as I love to travel, I love to PLAN! I have had 2 major vacations in the last few years: Italy in 2008 and Ireland in 2010. I obsessed about planning these trips months in advance. In my planning, I would even go as far as detailing where we would eat almost every meal (after obsessing over reviews from recommended restaurants, of course).
While it was so much fun to plan, it left me slightly disappointed while I was vacationing. (What do you mean you are out of scallops?!?...that was the highest rated menu item in the reviews I read!) Do you see where I am coming from...too much planning is... too much.
Why am I posting a thread about my traveling addictions on this website?...you may ask yourself. While it may appear to be an indication that I am relapsing...I assure you it is not.
In fact, our trip to Munich-Paris-Brugge is in 2 weeks...and I haven't planned anything!! Besides finding reasonably rated/priced accomodations(that's just good, common sense) , I haven't detailed what attractions we will be visiting or what there is to do in these cities. We will be in Munich for 3 days, Paris for 4, and brugge/brussels for 3.
Munich during Oktoberfest seems to sort of plan itself... and we won't be in Belgium long enough for me to have a chance to get bored. But Paris is another story......
Paris has been on the top of my list of places to see! I want to make sure that I don't miss the essentials while there. The only set plan we have is to see the Louvre (our apartment is across the street). My husband and I are 31 and enjoy good food, good drinks, and culture. So, after this long history, I must ask the question...
What are the few things I must do in Paris that will allow me to relax and enjoy the city?? Please don't get specific on me...generalities would be greatly appreciated!
Paris- Trip-planning addict needs help to avoid relapse!
The short story:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 2 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 3 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 4 Tipping in Greece
- 5 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 6 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 7 American electrical gadgets
- 8 Honeymooning in Europe
- 9 two weeks 8/4 and 8/11
- 10 What to wear
- 11 Traveling in France by train
- 12 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 13 flea markets in France
- 14 Monet in Normandy
- 15 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 16 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 17 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 18 Piri-Piri, Pastel de Nata and Port…Perfectly Portugal
- 19 London neighborhood suggestions
- 20 seven days in Portugal
- 21 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 22 Eating in France-two new books
- 23 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 24 Spain tips beyond safety
- 25 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets