My husband and I are traveling to Paris for the first time in mid-April. We're flying in from Washington DC on Air France (arriving mid-morning on a Friday) and staying at Hotel Jardin le Brea, at 14 Rue Brea in the 6th Arr. It's very close to the Vavin metro station.
I'm comfortable with public transport and would like to avoid spending lots of money on a taxi. But I'm confused about the transportation options. I hear that there's an Air France shuttle stop close to our hotel, but it also looks like we could take the RER and come out fairly close to the hotel without switching lines (although "close" can be a relative term when you are tired and carrying a heavy suitcase). I also don't want to start the trip on a stressful note, as this is DH and my first international trip together outside Mexico and Caribbean. DH is a little less adventurous than I am and nervous about logistics.
So, which public transportation option offers the best combination of affordability and convenience? Or should we bag affordability and opt for the easiest option of a taxi? Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 2 Milan and Lake Como
- 3 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 4 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 7 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 10 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 11 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 12 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 13 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 14 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 15 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 16 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 17 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 18 Salzburg itinerary review
- 19 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 20 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 21 weekend from cologne germany
- 22 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 23 Switzerland in September
- 24 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 25 Where to eat in Rome?