My husband and I are traveling to Paris for the first time in mid-April. We're flying in from Washington DC on Air France (arriving mid-morning on a Friday) and staying at Hotel Jardin le Brea, at 14 Rue Brea in the 6th Arr. It's very close to the Vavin metro station.
I'm comfortable with public transport and would like to avoid spending lots of money on a taxi. But I'm confused about the transportation options. I hear that there's an Air France shuttle stop close to our hotel, but it also looks like we could take the RER and come out fairly close to the hotel without switching lines (although "close" can be a relative term when you are tired and carrying a heavy suitcase). I also don't want to start the trip on a stressful note, as this is DH and my first international trip together outside Mexico and Caribbean. DH is a little less adventurous than I am and nervous about logistics.
So, which public transportation option offers the best combination of affordability and convenience? Or should we bag affordability and opt for the easiest option of a taxi? Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 2 Cornwall Advice
- 3 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 4 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 5 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 6 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 7 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 8 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 9 Andalucia itinerary help
- 10 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 11 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 13 Nafplio to Hydra
- 14 Via del Sale, Italy
- 15 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 16 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 17 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 18 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 19 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 20 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 21 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 22 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 23 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 24 "Never Mind"
- 25 Connecting flight time in Europe