My husband and I are traveling to Paris for the first time in mid-April. We're flying in from Washington DC on Air France (arriving mid-morning on a Friday) and staying at Hotel Jardin le Brea, at 14 Rue Brea in the 6th Arr. It's very close to the Vavin metro station.
I'm comfortable with public transport and would like to avoid spending lots of money on a taxi. But I'm confused about the transportation options. I hear that there's an Air France shuttle stop close to our hotel, but it also looks like we could take the RER and come out fairly close to the hotel without switching lines (although "close" can be a relative term when you are tired and carrying a heavy suitcase). I also don't want to start the trip on a stressful note, as this is DH and my first international trip together outside Mexico and Caribbean. DH is a little less adventurous than I am and nervous about logistics.
So, which public transportation option offers the best combination of affordability and convenience? Or should we bag affordability and opt for the easiest option of a taxi? Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP: PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h car*e 24*7
- 2 Pay attention to your watches !
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 5 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 6 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 7 Iceland early december visit
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Zurich to Milan trip
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 12 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 13 Italy Car Scam
- 14 Quizz !
- 15 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 16 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 17 car insurance italy
- 18 Christmas Day in Granada
- 19 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 20 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 21 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 22 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 23 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 24 Venice/Mestre
- 25 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily