I'm going from Paris to Milan by train in May and then flying back from Milan to Bristol.
There are 10 days between arriving in France and leaving Milan. I'm spending the first 3 nights in Paris and then need to get to Milan, somehow! Any suggestions on places to visit would be good (I know shockingly little about mainland Europe, hence this trip!).
I'm open to sleeper trains or spending all day on a train with scenic views. I don't mind going through France or through Germany or Switzerland to get to Italy and then I'd like to spend a few nights in Italy before flying home.
Any suggestions for places or cities that can't be missed?
Paris to Milan itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 2 Looking for add on city
- 3 Flying open jaw: start in MAD or BCN (Sept. 18th - Oct. 5th).
- 4 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 5 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 6 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 7 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 8 Apartment Madrid location/review
- 9 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 10 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 11 walking guide in Paris
- 12 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 13 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 14 HM Car rental in Croatia...need feedback/advice
- 15 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 16 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 17 Trip to Pyrenees
- 18 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 19 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 20 Wine tours - without a car and on a budget!
- 21 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 22 Traveling to Russia and then onto Germany or Austria...Good idea?
- 23 Tour Company in Russia
- 24 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 25 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between