I'm going from Paris to Milan by train in May and then flying back from Milan to Bristol.
There are 10 days between arriving in France and leaving Milan. I'm spending the first 3 nights in Paris and then need to get to Milan, somehow! Any suggestions on places to visit would be good (I know shockingly little about mainland Europe, hence this trip!).
I'm open to sleeper trains or spending all day on a train with scenic views. I don't mind going through France or through Germany or Switzerland to get to Italy and then I'd like to spend a few nights in Italy before flying home.
Any suggestions for places or cities that can't be missed?
Paris to Milan itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy tours
- 2 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 3 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 4 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 5 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 6 Best day trips from Paris
- 7 Scottish Passport
- 8 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 9 California touring rock thrash band, France and Italy
- 10 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 11 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 12 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 13 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 14 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 15 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 16 Good Loire Valley 2 day tour group? Or also do Mt. St Michel?
- 17 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 18 Viator.com in Turkey
- 19 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 20 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 21 Paris to Chantilly transportation question
- 22 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 23 Florence Hotel Advice
- 24 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 25 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland