wanted to get your opinion on taking an overnight train from paris to basel. My wife and I can currently book the tickets on the 10:43 dep train from Paris with the arrival of 4:50 in basel. Options I have are:
- second class seats for 40Eu
- first class seats for 60Eu
- couchettes for 131 Eu
- second class reclining seats 103Eu
- T2 cabin (private cabin with 2 beds) for 205 Eu
What do you guys think of the options? We are travelling on this train so that we can save some time, and get the next day to explore switzerland (we actually are planning on staying in Wengen)...
I haven't heard rave reviews about couchettes...but we were leaning towards that as (we think) we might get good 5 hrs sleep...and not be tired the next day...
what do you guys think..thanks alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 3 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 7 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 8 Best Greek Island
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 Which Day?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 13 Shorts in South of France?
- 14 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 15 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 16 Corsica and Sardinia
- 17 Les Invalides Night Show
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Regarding Residence Permit
- 20 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 23 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 24 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 25 limousine services - milan - rome