wanted to get your opinion on taking an overnight train from paris to basel. My wife and I can currently book the tickets on the 10:43 dep train from Paris with the arrival of 4:50 in basel. Options I have are:
- second class seats for 40Eu
- first class seats for 60Eu
- couchettes for 131 Eu
- second class reclining seats 103Eu
- T2 cabin (private cabin with 2 beds) for 205 Eu
What do you guys think of the options? We are travelling on this train so that we can save some time, and get the next day to explore switzerland (we actually are planning on staying in Wengen)...
I haven't heard rave reviews about couchettes...but we were leaning towards that as (we think) we might get good 5 hrs sleep...and not be tired the next day...
what do you guys think..thanks alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where will Britain go?
- 2 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 3 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 4 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 5 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 6 Barcelona completely overrated
- 7 Small foodie tours in Bologna
- 8 suggestions needed: Seville--> Cadiz/Conil/...
- 9 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 10 Budapest on a budget
- 11 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 12 Where to stay in London
- 13 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 14 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 15 Europe Destination with kids?
- 16 Puglia; hate to leave it but how to get back to Toronto
- 17 Medieval festival of Pierrefonds
- 18 3 weeks in France, solo and without a car: please advise!
- 19 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 20 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 21 Day trips on Irish Rail from Dublin?
- 22 4 days to explore, Vienna, Munich, or Berlin?
- 23 Italy Itinerary - Puglia, Rome and ?
- 24 Switzerland Trip with Toddler in October
- 25 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes