wanted to get your opinion on taking an overnight train from paris to basel. My wife and I can currently book the tickets on the 10:43 dep train from Paris with the arrival of 4:50 in basel. Options I have are:
- second class seats for 40Eu
- first class seats for 60Eu
- couchettes for 131 Eu
- second class reclining seats 103Eu
- T2 cabin (private cabin with 2 beds) for 205 Eu
What do you guys think of the options? We are travelling on this train so that we can save some time, and get the next day to explore switzerland (we actually are planning on staying in Wengen)...
I haven't heard rave reviews about couchettes...but we were leaning towards that as (we think) we might get good 5 hrs sleep...and not be tired the next day...
what do you guys think..thanks alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 2 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 3 Italy Car Scam
- 4 Norway Honeymoon
- 5 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 6 Schengen Rule
- 7 Quizz !
- 8 Spanish Medical Providers
- 9 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 12 Russia in two weeks in December
- 13 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 14 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 15 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 16 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 17 9 Days in Spain
- 18 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 19 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 20 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 21 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 22 Our future trip to Greece
- 23 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 24 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 25 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona