wanted to get your opinion on taking an overnight train from paris to basel. My wife and I can currently book the tickets on the 10:43 dep train from Paris with the arrival of 4:50 in basel. Options I have are:
- second class seats for 40Eu
- first class seats for 60Eu
- couchettes for 131 Eu
- second class reclining seats 103Eu
- T2 cabin (private cabin with 2 beds) for 205 Eu
What do you guys think of the options? We are travelling on this train so that we can save some time, and get the next day to explore switzerland (we actually are planning on staying in Wengen)...
I haven't heard rave reviews about couchettes...but we were leaning towards that as (we think) we might get good 5 hrs sleep...and not be tired the next day...
what do you guys think..thanks alot.
Paris to Basel train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip but no PIN
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 4 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 5 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 6 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 7 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 10 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 Unique Venice Activity
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 15 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 16 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 17 car rental advice in Portugal
- 18 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 21 Small group for Colosseum
- 22 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 23 Lofoten ferry
- 24 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 25 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?