wanted to get your opinion on taking an overnight train from paris to basel. My wife and I can currently book the tickets on the 10:43 dep train from Paris with the arrival of 4:50 in basel. Options I have are:
- second class seats for 40Eu
- first class seats for 60Eu
- couchettes for 131 Eu
- second class reclining seats 103Eu
- T2 cabin (private cabin with 2 beds) for 205 Eu
What do you guys think of the options? We are travelling on this train so that we can save some time, and get the next day to explore switzerland (we actually are planning on staying in Wengen)...
I haven't heard rave reviews about couchettes...but we were leaning towards that as (we think) we might get good 5 hrs sleep...and not be tired the next day...
what do you guys think..thanks alot.
Paris to Basel train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 Day trip from London to Paris
- 4 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 7 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 8 Welcome
- 9 Prague - Tram #22
- 10 hotels in Seville
- 11 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 12 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 Three days in Spain
- 15 Location of hotel in Rome
- 16 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 17 Need advice for this
- 18 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 19 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 20 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 21 one last portugal car rental question
- 22 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 23 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 24 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 25 French embassy schengen visa related questions