wanted to get your opinion on taking an overnight train from paris to basel. My wife and I can currently book the tickets on the 10:43 dep train from Paris with the arrival of 4:50 in basel. Options I have are:
- second class seats for 40Eu
- first class seats for 60Eu
- couchettes for 131 Eu
- second class reclining seats 103Eu
- T2 cabin (private cabin with 2 beds) for 205 Eu
What do you guys think of the options? We are travelling on this train so that we can save some time, and get the next day to explore switzerland (we actually are planning on staying in Wengen)...
I haven't heard rave reviews about couchettes...but we were leaning towards that as (we think) we might get good 5 hrs sleep...and not be tired the next day...
what do you guys think..thanks alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much do i need?
- 2 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 3 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 4 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 5 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 6 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 7 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 8 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 9 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 10 AVE train tickets questions.
- 11 Greece: Final thoughts and pictures (I hope)
- 12 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 13 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 14 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 15 France to stop making foie grois
- 16 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 17 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 18 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 19 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 20 How big backpack do I need?
- 21 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 22 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 23 Path of the Gods Question
- 24 Loire Valley 12 days
- 25 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?