wanted to get your opinion on taking an overnight train from paris to basel. My wife and I can currently book the tickets on the 10:43 dep train from Paris with the arrival of 4:50 in basel. Options I have are:
- second class seats for 40Eu
- first class seats for 60Eu
- couchettes for 131 Eu
- second class reclining seats 103Eu
- T2 cabin (private cabin with 2 beds) for 205 Eu
What do you guys think of the options? We are travelling on this train so that we can save some time, and get the next day to explore switzerland (we actually are planning on staying in Wengen)...
I haven't heard rave reviews about couchettes...but we were leaning towards that as (we think) we might get good 5 hrs sleep...and not be tired the next day...
what do you guys think..thanks alot.
Paris to Basel train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 2 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 3 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 4 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 5 Portugal Trip
- 6 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 7 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 8 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 9 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 10 Southern Spain
- 11 Itinerary for Greece in 9 Days -in June
- 12 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 13 driving in france with kids
- 14 Is my plan ok
- 15 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 16 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 17 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 18 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 19 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 20 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 21 Spain traffic tickets
- 22 Reputable Tours
- 23 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 24 Easter Itinerary Advice, Rome, Parma, Venice, Stresa, Grindelwald
- 25 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)