wanted to get your opinion on taking an overnight train from paris to basel. My wife and I can currently book the tickets on the 10:43 dep train from Paris with the arrival of 4:50 in basel. Options I have are:
- second class seats for 40Eu
- first class seats for 60Eu
- couchettes for 131 Eu
- second class reclining seats 103Eu
- T2 cabin (private cabin with 2 beds) for 205 Eu
What do you guys think of the options? We are travelling on this train so that we can save some time, and get the next day to explore switzerland (we actually are planning on staying in Wengen)...
I haven't heard rave reviews about couchettes...but we were leaning towards that as (we think) we might get good 5 hrs sleep...and not be tired the next day...
what do you guys think..thanks alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French immersion courses in France
- 2 1 way ticket
- 3 pareja de hecho in Spain
- 4 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 5 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 6 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 7 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 8 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 9 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 10 Paris---baguette question???
- 11 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 12 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 13 Car Rentals
- 14 Visiting Spain in January
- 15 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 16 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt
- 17 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 18 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 19 What type of visa is right for me?
- 20 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 21 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 22 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 23 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 24 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 25 Riga or Krakow for Christmas break?