wanted to get your opinion on taking an overnight train from paris to basel. My wife and I can currently book the tickets on the 10:43 dep train from Paris with the arrival of 4:50 in basel. Options I have are:
- second class seats for 40Eu
- first class seats for 60Eu
- couchettes for 131 Eu
- second class reclining seats 103Eu
- T2 cabin (private cabin with 2 beds) for 205 Eu
What do you guys think of the options? We are travelling on this train so that we can save some time, and get the next day to explore switzerland (we actually are planning on staying in Wengen)...
I haven't heard rave reviews about couchettes...but we were leaning towards that as (we think) we might get good 5 hrs sleep...and not be tired the next day...
what do you guys think..thanks alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 2 Turin Hotels - Current Offerings
- 3 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 4 Madeira-anyone been recently?
- 5 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 8 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 9 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 10 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 11 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 12 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 13 First Trip to Ireland
- 14 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 15 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 16 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 17 Laokasti Villa in Oia
- 18 Athens multi site pass
- 19 London best location
- 20 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 23 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 24 Sweden, Estonia and Southern Croatia
- 25 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel