wanted to get your opinion on taking an overnight train from paris to basel. My wife and I can currently book the tickets on the 10:43 dep train from Paris with the arrival of 4:50 in basel. Options I have are:
- second class seats for 40Eu
- first class seats for 60Eu
- couchettes for 131 Eu
- second class reclining seats 103Eu
- T2 cabin (private cabin with 2 beds) for 205 Eu
What do you guys think of the options? We are travelling on this train so that we can save some time, and get the next day to explore switzerland (we actually are planning on staying in Wengen)...
I haven't heard rave reviews about couchettes...but we were leaning towards that as (we think) we might get good 5 hrs sleep...and not be tired the next day...
what do you guys think..thanks alot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French restaurants
- 2 Driving in Italy?
- 3 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 4 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 5 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 6 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 7 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 8 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 9 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 10 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 11 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 12 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 13 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 14 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 15 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 16 Shoes in Scotland
- 17 Engadine Valley help
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 Naples, Italy
- 20 Ireland in April
- 21 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 22 Tuscany 6 nights
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees