1) Any idea if we can take the high speed train from Paris to Girona instead of Barcelona? One thought was to train to Girona spend a day there, rent a car to go see the Dali museum and local area and then spend one day driving down the Costa Brava (and swimming) until we reach Barcelona, where we will be for 4 days.
2) I saw a comment about making train reservations ahead of time. Did we miss our chance at cheap train fares from Paris for mid-July (family of 4). Should we get a Eurorail 4 day passes instead and rely on the train for the day trip to Griona and Monserrat .We ultimately fly out of madrid so need to get there and have time for one day trip from there (likely Toledo)? Ant thoughts on the most affordable, scenic and interesting. I thought Monserrat offered a chance to be outdoors and see scenenry rather than more buildings to break up the set of activities with the kids.
3) Any additional thoughts on MUST do things in Paris/ Barcelona (or Spain) with kids would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 4 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 5 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 6 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 7 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 8 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 9 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 10 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 11 First time in Bulgaria
- 12 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 13 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 14 Alps Drive
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 19 Paris cooking classes
- 20 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 21 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 22 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 23 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 24 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy