My husband and I will be taking 11 days for our honeymoon in late September. We arrive early morning in Paris and have scheduled our departing flight out of Barcelona. We are having a very difficult time figuring out an itinerary. We would like to make one stop inbetween Paris and Barcelona. I am going crazy doing research. I just want to do it all. I am a little worried we won't feel that we have seen beautiful scenery if we spend all our time between Paris and Barcelona, we want to see some land and country inbetween. Some of my ideas are below, but really we are open to anything that fits in our time constraint.
1. Wish we could belnd in with the locals. Always looking for an authentic cultural experience.
2. We live by good food and good scenery. We could probably plan the entire trip based on unique restaurants.
3. History is interesting, but mostly going in one and out the other. Seen one church/historical sight, seen them all.
Below are my ideas:
1. Drive (so that we have the choice to stop and enjoy) from Paris to Zurich (or Geneva) through Alsace. Spend 2 days in this region. Fly from Zurich to Barcelona.
2. Drive from Paris to Geneva through Burgundy. Spend 2 days in this region. Fly from Geneva to Barcelona.
3. Fly from Paris to Cinque Terre region of Italy. Spend 2 days in this region. Fly from Cinque Terre to Barcelona.
4. Fly from Paris to Vienna. Spend 2 or 3 days in this region. Fly to Barcelona.
5. Fly from Paris to Barcelona, rent a car and explore the Pyrenees and maybe Basque Country.
Thank you for your help.
- very confused!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 2 Switzerland in October
- 3 HP Printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 4 2 days in Lugano area
- 5 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 6 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 7 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 8 Tuscany First Time
- 9 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 10 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 Recommendations
- 13 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 14 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 15 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 16 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 17 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Italy in January?
- 20 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 21 Paris- restaurant
- 22 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 23 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 24 Iceland car rental agencies
- 25 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed