Hi all -
These forums are really so helpful, so thank you for all the advice you've offered in other threads. A few friends and I will be arriving in Paris Aug. 30 and departing Barcelona Sept. 9. We're planning several days each in Paris and Barcelona, with a few days in between to work our way through France to Barcelona (likely by train).
One of our friends very much wants to visit a medieval castle while we're there. I've done some internet searches but am thoroughly overwhelmed by options at the moment, having never been to France. Could anyone offer suggestions on where we might stop off for a few days in between Paris and France? I'm imagining taking the train somewhere and using it as our base for 2-3 days, with a trip to a castle as part of that (we're comfortable renting a car). My friend doesn't have many castle requirements, other than I think he's imagining something very old and imposing looking that we can tour and pretend like we're in Game of Thrones.
Other than that, we're super open in terms of location and other activities in the area. Just looking to explore a different part of France.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 2 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 3 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 4 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 5 Best of Norway
- 6 favorite app for converting US $$
- 7 Escorted tours Norway
- 8 Munich Hotel Location
- 9 Light weight small converter?
- 10 Trip in September
- 11 Small towns not too near Paris
- 12 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 13 Car rental help in Sicily
- 14 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 15 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 16 Help with basic itinerary
- 17 Wake Up Mods
- 18 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 19 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 20 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 21 Italy - hiking, active, with Sicily
- 22 Clean up spam
- 23 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 24 Driving in Croatia
- 25 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
Hi all -