Hi all -
These forums are really so helpful, so thank you for all the advice you've offered in other threads. A few friends and I will be arriving in Paris Aug. 30 and departing Barcelona Sept. 9. We're planning several days each in Paris and Barcelona, with a few days in between to work our way through France to Barcelona (likely by train).
One of our friends very much wants to visit a medieval castle while we're there. I've done some internet searches but am thoroughly overwhelmed by options at the moment, having never been to France. Could anyone offer suggestions on where we might stop off for a few days in between Paris and France? I'm imagining taking the train somewhere and using it as our base for 2-3 days, with a trip to a castle as part of that (we're comfortable renting a car). My friend doesn't have many castle requirements, other than I think he's imagining something very old and imposing looking that we can tour and pretend like we're in Game of Thrones.
Other than that, we're super open in terms of location and other activities in the area. Just looking to explore a different part of France.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 2 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 3 Switzerland
- 4 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 5 Visiting Zurich
- 6 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 7 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 8 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 9 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 10 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 11 Paris to Bordeaux
- 12 Iceland 3 day layover
- 13 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 14 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?
- 15 London's Fastest Urban Zip Line in Europe!
- 16 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 17 Train travel
- 18 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 19 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 20 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 21 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 22 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 23 DVD burning software
- 24 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 25 Central London indoor swimming locations
Hi all -