My boyfriend and I are going to be staying in Paris for a week in February and then going to Barcelona for the following week. We had originally looked into traveling on an overnight train, but I've ha some difficulty navigating the train websites. Specifically, we were looking at the Elipsos train's, but I was told that they stop running as often after March and the timetable wasn't showing me any times. I understand that they show 90 days in advance, but even then I'm having trouble finding times.
We have to check in at the apartment we rented anytime during the day after 10am, so we don't mind taking a longer day train if we have to.
If anyone has any advice ot knowledge they'd like to share about the Elipsos train that would be greatly appreciative. I also read good things about the faster day trains being nice as well. I need all the help you can possibly give, this is my first time navigating longer train trips in Europe (especially in France/Spain, I've only been to Italy).
Paris to Barcelona by train? Advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 2 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 3 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 4 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 5 1 week in the Cyclades
- 6 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 7 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 8 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 9 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 10 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 11 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 12 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 13 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 14 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 15 Schengen Visa Rules
- 16 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 17 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 18 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 19 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 20 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 21 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 22 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 23 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 24 Is my plan ok
- 25 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released