My boyfriend and I are going to be staying in Paris for a week in February and then going to Barcelona for the following week. We had originally looked into traveling on an overnight train, but I've ha some difficulty navigating the train websites. Specifically, we were looking at the Elipsos train's, but I was told that they stop running as often after March and the timetable wasn't showing me any times. I understand that they show 90 days in advance, but even then I'm having trouble finding times.
We have to check in at the apartment we rented anytime during the day after 10am, so we don't mind taking a longer day train if we have to.
If anyone has any advice ot knowledge they'd like to share about the Elipsos train that would be greatly appreciative. I also read good things about the faster day trains being nice as well. I need all the help you can possibly give, this is my first time navigating longer train trips in Europe (especially in France/Spain, I've only been to Italy).
Paris to Barcelona by train? Advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 2 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 3 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 4 4-6 weeks
- 5 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 6 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 7 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 8 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 9 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 10 Eiffel tower tickets
- 11 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 12 Venice Banning Fodors
- 13 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 14 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 15 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 16 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 17 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 18 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 19 France, Italy and Greec
- 20 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 23 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 24 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 25 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)