Originally I was going to do Paris then Venice/Florence/Rome, which is too much I realized. A friend suggested that I go from Paris to the Amalfi Coast. I've never been to the Amalfi Coast before, and I have no idea where to stay or what the conditions are like in mid-August. A site recommends Salerno, and other sites either praise the Amalfi Coast anytime of the year or say it's congested, hot, overly expensive and to be avoided. Can anyone who's been there help clsrify? It's August, so I know anywhere I go will have tourists. If someone can suggest hotels that would be great. And if anyone sees the AC as unbearable in August, any suggestions for a similar place? I'm not on a tight budget but also fon't want to spend over 400 euros a night or be in such a small town that the restaurant choices are very few.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 barcelona neighborhood
- 2 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 3 Tieks for travel
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 6 Tracking the Weather
- 7 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 8 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 9 Where to eat in Rome?
- 10 Thinking about the Fjords
- 11 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 12 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 13 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 14 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Italy travel plan help
- 17 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 18 Italy round 4 - Pisa/CT/Parma/Bologna/Milan
- 19 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 20 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 21 Alsace to Austria?
- 22 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 23 Budapest language lessons
- 24 Tours in Wales
- 25 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?