Originally I was going to do Paris then Venice/Florence/Rome, which is too much I realized. A friend suggested that I go from Paris to the Amalfi Coast. I've never been to the Amalfi Coast before, and I have no idea where to stay or what the conditions are like in mid-August. A site recommends Salerno, and other sites either praise the Amalfi Coast anytime of the year or say it's congested, hot, overly expensive and to be avoided. Can anyone who's been there help clsrify? It's August, so I know anywhere I go will have tourists. If someone can suggest hotels that would be great. And if anyone sees the AC as unbearable in August, any suggestions for a similar place? I'm not on a tight budget but also fon't want to spend over 400 euros a night or be in such a small town that the restaurant choices are very few.
Paris to Amalfi this August - Suggestions/advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 2 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 3 Southern Spain
- 4 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 5 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 6 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 9 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 10 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 11 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 12 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 13 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 14 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 18 Which european city?
- 19 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 20 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 23 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)