Originally I was going to do Paris then Venice/Florence/Rome, which is too much I realized. A friend suggested that I go from Paris to the Amalfi Coast. I've never been to the Amalfi Coast before, and I have no idea where to stay or what the conditions are like in mid-August. A site recommends Salerno, and other sites either praise the Amalfi Coast anytime of the year or say it's congested, hot, overly expensive and to be avoided. Can anyone who's been there help clsrify? It's August, so I know anywhere I go will have tourists. If someone can suggest hotels that would be great. And if anyone sees the AC as unbearable in August, any suggestions for a similar place? I'm not on a tight budget but also fon't want to spend over 400 euros a night or be in such a small town that the restaurant choices are very few.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 2 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 3 Azores in February
- 4 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 5 Theater in London
- 6 Late March/ Early April in Italy
- 7 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 8 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 9 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 10 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 11 Umbria / Le Marche
- 12 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 13 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 14 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 15 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 16 Food in Positano
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 19 Katyn massacres
- 20 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 21 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 22 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 23 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 24 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 25 Ireland hotel questions