Originally I was going to do Paris then Venice/Florence/Rome, which is too much I realized. A friend suggested that I go from Paris to the Amalfi Coast. I've never been to the Amalfi Coast before, and I have no idea where to stay or what the conditions are like in mid-August. A site recommends Salerno, and other sites either praise the Amalfi Coast anytime of the year or say it's congested, hot, overly expensive and to be avoided. Can anyone who's been there help clsrify? It's August, so I know anywhere I go will have tourists. If someone can suggest hotels that would be great. And if anyone sees the AC as unbearable in August, any suggestions for a similar place? I'm not on a tight budget but also fon't want to spend over 400 euros a night or be in such a small town that the restaurant choices are very few.
Paris to Amalfi this August - Suggestions/advice
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 Rome Accommodation
- 3 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 4 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 5 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 6 rent car / Munich
- 7 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Italian Lakes gardens
- 10 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 11 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 12 Greek islands from Turkey
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 TGV and Provence questions
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 21 More help with housing in Puglia
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Weekend in Lake Bled?