Originally I was going to do Paris then Venice/Florence/Rome, which is too much I realized. A friend suggested that I go from Paris to the Amalfi Coast. I've never been to the Amalfi Coast before, and I have no idea where to stay or what the conditions are like in mid-August. A site recommends Salerno, and other sites either praise the Amalfi Coast anytime of the year or say it's congested, hot, overly expensive and to be avoided. Can anyone who's been there help clsrify? It's August, so I know anywhere I go will have tourists. If someone can suggest hotels that would be great. And if anyone sees the AC as unbearable in August, any suggestions for a similar place? I'm not on a tight budget but also fon't want to spend over 400 euros a night or be in such a small town that the restaurant choices are very few.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 2 Adaptors for Belgium
- 3 Germany and Austria trip report
- 4 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 5 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?
- 6 tablet
- 7 Planning Advice!
- 8 When to go to Norway for a ski trip?
- 9 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 10 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 11 Home base for a month in France?
- 12 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 13 Greece in 15 Days
- 14 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 15 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 16 Norway holiday locations
- 17 Norway accessories and must have
- 18 Puglia Itinerary - too many choices
- 19 Help with itinerary
- 20 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 21 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 22 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 23 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 24 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 25 Munich Travel Guide