Originally I was going to do Paris then Venice/Florence/Rome, which is too much I realized. A friend suggested that I go from Paris to the Amalfi Coast. I've never been to the Amalfi Coast before, and I have no idea where to stay or what the conditions are like in mid-August. A site recommends Salerno, and other sites either praise the Amalfi Coast anytime of the year or say it's congested, hot, overly expensive and to be avoided. Can anyone who's been there help clsrify? It's August, so I know anywhere I go will have tourists. If someone can suggest hotels that would be great. And if anyone sees the AC as unbearable in August, any suggestions for a similar place? I'm not on a tight budget but also fon't want to spend over 400 euros a night or be in such a small town that the restaurant choices are very few.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for supermarkets, grocery shops in Valletta
- 2 London's Must Sights!
- 3 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 4 Lost ring
- 5 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 6 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 7 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 8 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 9 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 10 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 11 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 12 First trip to Italy
- 13 England and Wales by public transport
- 14 Vienna or Budapest?
- 15 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 16 Ireland & Scotland
- 17 Scenic Driving Routes
- 18 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 19 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 20 Andalucia in December
- 21 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 22 Budapest Hotels
- 23 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 24 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 25 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.