Originally I was going to do Paris then Venice/Florence/Rome, which is too much I realized. A friend suggested that I go from Paris to the Amalfi Coast. I've never been to the Amalfi Coast before, and I have no idea where to stay or what the conditions are like in mid-August. A site recommends Salerno, and other sites either praise the Amalfi Coast anytime of the year or say it's congested, hot, overly expensive and to be avoided. Can anyone who's been there help clsrify? It's August, so I know anywhere I go will have tourists. If someone can suggest hotels that would be great. And if anyone sees the AC as unbearable in August, any suggestions for a similar place? I'm not on a tight budget but also fon't want to spend over 400 euros a night or be in such a small town that the restaurant choices are very few.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 2 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 5 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 6 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 7 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 8 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 9 One in Paris ... help
- 10 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 11 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 12 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 13 Dolomites October 14-18
- 14 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 15 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 16 Seville Itinerary
- 17 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 18 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 19 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 20 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 21 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 22 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 23 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 24 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 25 Athens or So. Spain in winter