Originally I was going to do Paris then Venice/Florence/Rome, which is too much I realized. A friend suggested that I go from Paris to the Amalfi Coast. I've never been to the Amalfi Coast before, and I have no idea where to stay or what the conditions are like in mid-August. A site recommends Salerno, and other sites either praise the Amalfi Coast anytime of the year or say it's congested, hot, overly expensive and to be avoided. Can anyone who's been there help clsrify? It's August, so I know anywhere I go will have tourists. If someone can suggest hotels that would be great. And if anyone sees the AC as unbearable in August, any suggestions for a similar place? I'm not on a tight budget but also fon't want to spend over 400 euros a night or be in such a small town that the restaurant choices are very few.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 2 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 3 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 4 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Short Trip in July
- 8 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 9 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 10 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 11 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 12 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 13 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 14 Cell Phone Question
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 17 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 20 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 21 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 22 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 23 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK