Originally I was going to do Paris then Venice/Florence/Rome, which is too much I realized. A friend suggested that I go from Paris to the Amalfi Coast. I've never been to the Amalfi Coast before, and I have no idea where to stay or what the conditions are like in mid-August. A site recommends Salerno, and other sites either praise the Amalfi Coast anytime of the year or say it's congested, hot, overly expensive and to be avoided. Can anyone who's been there help clsrify? It's August, so I know anywhere I go will have tourists. If someone can suggest hotels that would be great. And if anyone sees the AC as unbearable in August, any suggestions for a similar place? I'm not on a tight budget but also fon't want to spend over 400 euros a night or be in such a small town that the restaurant choices are very few.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 2 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 3 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 4 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 7 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 8 Best Viking Sites
- 9 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 13 Greece
- 14 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 15 Paris advice with kids
- 16 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 17 tickets for Wimbledon
- 18 Chania
- 19 Iceland car rental agencies
- 20 Paris hotel
- 21 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 22 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 23 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 24 Ex-pats with young kids
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like