Originally I was going to do Paris then Venice/Florence/Rome, which is too much I realized. A friend suggested that I go from Paris to the Amalfi Coast. I've never been to the Amalfi Coast before, and I have no idea where to stay or what the conditions are like in mid-August. A site recommends Salerno, and other sites either praise the Amalfi Coast anytime of the year or say it's congested, hot, overly expensive and to be avoided. Can anyone who's been there help clsrify? It's August, so I know anywhere I go will have tourists. If someone can suggest hotels that would be great. And if anyone sees the AC as unbearable in August, any suggestions for a similar place? I'm not on a tight budget but also fon't want to spend over 400 euros a night or be in such a small town that the restaurant choices are very few.
Paris to Amalfi this August - Suggestions/advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 3 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 4 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 5 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 6 Dresden or Leipzig
- 7 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 8 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 9 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 10 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 11 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 14 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 15 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 16 Air pollution in Paris
- 17 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 18 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 19 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 20 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 21 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 22 20 days in Germany
- 23 France, Italy and Greec
- 24 Rome---August and September
- 25 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?