Originally I was going to do Paris then Venice/Florence/Rome, which is too much I realized. A friend suggested that I go from Paris to the Amalfi Coast. I've never been to the Amalfi Coast before, and I have no idea where to stay or what the conditions are like in mid-August. A site recommends Salerno, and other sites either praise the Amalfi Coast anytime of the year or say it's congested, hot, overly expensive and to be avoided. Can anyone who's been there help clsrify? It's August, so I know anywhere I go will have tourists. If someone can suggest hotels that would be great. And if anyone sees the AC as unbearable in August, any suggestions for a similar place? I'm not on a tight budget but also fon't want to spend over 400 euros a night or be in such a small town that the restaurant choices are very few.
Paris to Amalfi this August - Suggestions/advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 2 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 3 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 4 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 5 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 6 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 7 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 8 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 9 Toulouse and beyond -
- 10 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 11 museum passes in Rome
- 12 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 13 Lavender Fields
- 14 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 15 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 16 Nice Video about Poland
- 17 Where to stay in Rome
- 18 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 19 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 20 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 21 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 22 Munich
- 23 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 24 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 25 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?