My daughter comes back from her first trip to Paris on her own, with a friend of her who had never been before.
we booked the hotel quite late and found a nice one in 14th arr, close to Porte d'Orléans - so a little bit more metro than more centrally located.
They liked the area.
They walked a lot, used up about 5 metro tickets a day each.
They climbed the 710 steps of Eiffel Tower up to second floor, no queue.
Walked Les champs to Concorde.
Walked around the Seine each day around Notre Dame.
Took a vedette for a cruise on the Seine.
Went to Sacré Coeur.
Didn't even get lost too oftne in metro or in city.
Didn't visit any museum (teenagers) but did some shopping (girls).
Didn't feel unsafe but were 'cruised' by several young men in the metro several times.
Were approached by the petition girls several times (I had forgotten to warn her) and they just said no. My daughter was appalled at the way these girls behaved when a US tourist gave them 20 €, he wasn't even far away that they shouted 'Yessss' and were giggling between themselves..
Ate in some brasseries in touristy areas (was raining yesterday) were treated like ... by waiters who couldn't care less. Never left a tip. Had some sushis that they liked.
they had a great and fantastic time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 2 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 7 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 8 Alitala
- 9 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 17 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 18 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 19 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 20 Europe First Timers
- 21 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 22 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 23 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 24 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 25 Iceland for Nine Days
Paris Teenager second hand first trip report