My daughter comes back from her first trip to Paris on her own, with a friend of her who had never been before.
we booked the hotel quite late and found a nice one in 14th arr, close to Porte d'Orléans - so a little bit more metro than more centrally located.
They liked the area.
They walked a lot, used up about 5 metro tickets a day each.
They climbed the 710 steps of Eiffel Tower up to second floor, no queue.
Walked Les champs to Concorde.
Walked around the Seine each day around Notre Dame.
Took a vedette for a cruise on the Seine.
Went to Sacré Coeur.
Didn't even get lost too oftne in metro or in city.
Didn't visit any museum (teenagers) but did some shopping (girls).
Didn't feel unsafe but were 'cruised' by several young men in the metro several times.
Were approached by the petition girls several times (I had forgotten to warn her) and they just said no. My daughter was appalled at the way these girls behaved when a US tourist gave them 20 €, he wasn't even far away that they shouted 'Yessss' and were giggling between themselves..
Ate in some brasseries in touristy areas (was raining yesterday) were treated like ... by waiters who couldn't care less. Never left a tip. Had some sushis that they liked.
they had a great and fantastic time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 2 The DCC scam is spreading
- 3 Scotland itinerary advice
- 4 Porto in January
- 5 Any downside when booking codeshare flights?
- 6 Rome Water Shortage
- 7 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 8 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 9 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 Whistle stop family road trip
- 12 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 13 Lake Como,Italy
- 14 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 15 Help with tips in UK
- 16 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 17 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Schengen question....confirmation needed
- 20 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 21 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 22 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 23 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 24 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
Paris Teenager second hand first trip report