My daughter comes back from her first trip to Paris on her own, with a friend of her who had never been before.
we booked the hotel quite late and found a nice one in 14th arr, close to Porte d'Orléans - so a little bit more metro than more centrally located.
They liked the area.
They walked a lot, used up about 5 metro tickets a day each.
They climbed the 710 steps of Eiffel Tower up to second floor, no queue.
Walked Les champs to Concorde.
Walked around the Seine each day around Notre Dame.
Took a vedette for a cruise on the Seine.
Went to Sacré Coeur.
Didn't even get lost too oftne in metro or in city.
Didn't visit any museum (teenagers) but did some shopping (girls).
Didn't feel unsafe but were 'cruised' by several young men in the metro several times.
Were approached by the petition girls several times (I had forgotten to warn her) and they just said no. My daughter was appalled at the way these girls behaved when a US tourist gave them 20 €, he wasn't even far away that they shouted 'Yessss' and were giggling between themselves..
Ate in some brasseries in touristy areas (was raining yesterday) were treated like ... by waiters who couldn't care less. Never left a tip. Had some sushis that they liked.
they had a great and fantastic time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary Advice
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Murren to Prague
- 5 Le Marche Research Help
- 6 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Public Transportation in England
- 10 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 11 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 12 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 13 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 14 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 15 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 16 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 17 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN
- 18 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 19 Sintra
- 20 Venice Bell Tower
- 21 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 24 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 25 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
Paris Teenager second hand first trip report