I'm planning a trip for next September, starting in Paris on the 17th and ending in Rome the 2nd of October. We are a family of four, we have twin 6 year old daughters.
My initial plan is as follows:
- Three days in Paris: Explore the city and then train to Switzerland.
- Six days in Switzerland: here we want to go straight to the Alps. First Bernese Oberland (Wengen or Muerren probably) for three days and then go to Saas Fee or Zermatt for another three days. Then train to Italy.
- Six days in Italy: Pickup a car in the north and the drive to Genova, then drive to Rome stopping for overnights in towns or villages.
So here are my questions:
- Does this make sense or is it too ambitius?
- What is the best way (cheapest and fastest) to go from Paris to BO?
- Should we buy a travel pass in Switzerland? If so, which one?
- Which city in Italy is near Switzerland where we can rent a car?
Sorry if my spelling is incorrect as I'm from Argentina and I'm not fluent in English.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 2 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges
- 3 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 4 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Switzerland in October
- 7 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 8 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 9 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 10 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 11 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 12 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 13 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 14 Tuscany First Time
- 15 Iceland car rental agencies
- 16 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 17 Bordeaux neighborhoods
- 18 Help on ancient history route
- 19 Italy in January?
- 20 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 21 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 22 2 days in Lugano area
- 23 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 24 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 25 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip