I'm planning a trip for next September, starting in Paris on the 17th and ending in Rome the 2nd of October. We are a family of four, we have twin 6 year old daughters.
My initial plan is as follows:
- Three days in Paris: Explore the city and then train to Switzerland.
- Six days in Switzerland: here we want to go straight to the Alps. First Bernese Oberland (Wengen or Muerren probably) for three days and then go to Saas Fee or Zermatt for another three days. Then train to Italy.
- Six days in Italy: Pickup a car in the north and the drive to Genova, then drive to Rome stopping for overnights in towns or villages.
So here are my questions:
- Does this make sense or is it too ambitius?
- What is the best way (cheapest and fastest) to go from Paris to BO?
- Should we buy a travel pass in Switzerland? If so, which one?
- Which city in Italy is near Switzerland where we can rent a car?
Sorry if my spelling is incorrect as I'm from Argentina and I'm not fluent in English.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 4 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 5 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 6 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 7 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 8 base for Andalucia
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 11 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 12 Windsor Castle
- 13 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 14 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 15 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 16 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 17 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 18 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 19 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 20 4 nights in Sardinia
- 21 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 22 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 23 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 24 "Too Much Cows"
- 25 Matera tour guide wanted