I'm planning a trip for next September, starting in Paris on the 17th and ending in Rome the 2nd of October. We are a family of four, we have twin 6 year old daughters.
My initial plan is as follows:
- Three days in Paris: Explore the city and then train to Switzerland.
- Six days in Switzerland: here we want to go straight to the Alps. First Bernese Oberland (Wengen or Muerren probably) for three days and then go to Saas Fee or Zermatt for another three days. Then train to Italy.
- Six days in Italy: Pickup a car in the north and the drive to Genova, then drive to Rome stopping for overnights in towns or villages.
So here are my questions:
- Does this make sense or is it too ambitius?
- What is the best way (cheapest and fastest) to go from Paris to BO?
- Should we buy a travel pass in Switzerland? If so, which one?
- Which city in Italy is near Switzerland where we can rent a car?
Sorry if my spelling is incorrect as I'm from Argentina and I'm not fluent in English.
Thank you very much,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 6 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 7 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 8 Train Through Spain
- 9 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 12 Italy June 6-16
- 13 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 14 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 hill of crosses
- 18 Planning A trip
- 19 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 20 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 21 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 22 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice