I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Paris: Solo travel advice needed!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 2 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 3 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 4 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 5 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 6 Italy dolomites
- 7 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 8 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 9 Scuol, Switzerland
- 10 Airport ATMs
- 11 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 12 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 13 5 Observations About Paris
- 14 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 15 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 16 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 17 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 18 Switzerland help...?
- 19 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 20 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 21 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Sicily in a winter
- 24 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 25 A month in Europe - how does this sound?