I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
- 2 SWITZERLAND IN 5 SUMMER DAYS
- 3 Italy by Train - Sequence Recommendations
- 4 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 5 7 days St Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt
- 6 T Mobile Does it Again
- 7 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 8 Itinerary Help
- 9 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 10 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 11 Hungary itinerary Help
- 12 Dolomites October 14-18
- 13 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 14 Lyon
- 15 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 16 European Championship
- 17 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 18 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 19 Italy by car
- 20 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 21 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 22 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 23 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 24 12 days in Austria
- 25 Planning a 10 day Swiss and Austrian Tour