I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Paris: Solo travel advice needed!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 2 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 3 Sicily Suggetions
- 4 He said , she said
- 5 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 6 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 7 car rental companies Italy
- 8 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 9 Paris in April?
- 10 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 11 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 12 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 13 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 14 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 15 quiet hotel
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 18 Venice hotel selection
- 19 May trip to the islands
- 20 Where to stay in Rome
- 21 7 days in Greece
- 22 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 23 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 24 Augsburg with kids
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days