I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT ☎ CANON TEC*h care 24/7
- 2 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 5 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 6 San Sebastián
- 7 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 8 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 11 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 12 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 13 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 14 Planning A trip
- 15 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 18 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 19 Castle Stays in Wales
- 20 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 21 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 22 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 23 Can parking
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October