I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 2 Cheap Hotel in Prague
- 3 Pensione Suzanne, Vienna
- 4 Getting away from it all in Puglia
- 5 Italy Honeymoon 2016
- 6 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 7 Phone cards
- 8 sim card
- 9 February in Florence
- 10 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 11 10 nights in Italy for a first timer
- 12 Amalfi Coast by Car
- 13 Europe Itinerary
- 14 Norway Route to take for Self driving
- 15 Should we go to Vienna?
- 16 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 17 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 18 11 days in Andalusia
- 19 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 20 Jack the Ripper Tour and Regent Palace Hotel
- 21 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 22 Juangfrau / mt
- 23 Renting a car
- 24 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 25 Belgium for the 1st time