I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Riga or Krakow for Christmas break?
- 2 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 3 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 4 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 5 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 6 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 7 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 8 French immersion courses in France
- 9 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 10 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 11 Paris---baguette question???
- 12 Europe in late January
- 13 Berlin
- 14 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 15 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 16 Where to stay in London?
- 17 What type of visa is right for me?
- 18 Visiting Spain in January
- 19 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 20 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 21 Loving Lisbon
- 22 Booking hotels before trains
- 23 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 24 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 25 Revised post- cruise itinerary