I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 2 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 3 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 4 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 7 Scotland Trip Report
- 8 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 9 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 10 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 11 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 12 Kayaking in Avignon
- 13 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 14 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 15 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 16 4 days in Provence in early June
- 17 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 18 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 19 Cordoba Overnight?
- 20 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 21 Sintra
- 22 France Itinerary Advice
- 23 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 24 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)