I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 2 Train Ticket Help
- 3 Puglia Itinerary - too many choices
- 4 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 5 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 6 Whirlwind trip!
- 7 Car rental between countries
- 8 Holland Itinerary
- 9 Barcelona completely overrated
- 10 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 11 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 12 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 13 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 14 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 15 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 16 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 17 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 18 England and Wales by public transport
- 19 Rhine River Cruise
- 20 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 21 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 22 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 23 Greece in 15 Days
- 24 Walking Scotland
- 25 Adaptors for Belgium