I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Paris: Solo travel advice needed!!
- 1 Ireland Trip - Final Decision
- 2 Vacation rental in Provence
- 3 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 4 Britain Ireland and Scotland Tours
- 5 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 6 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 7 London on a sunny day
- 8 rand versus euro
- 9 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 10 Renting an apartment in Edinburgh
- 11 Savona - San Remo - where to spend the night?
- 12 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 13 Sardinia, Italy
- 14 La Samaritaine (Paris): what's happening?
- 15 Which tour company would be best?
- 16 What is the best food in France?
- 17 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 18 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 19 Venice experts--the apartment in Castello or the one in Canareggio
- 20 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 21 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 22 Rhine River Intinerary
- 23 Shuttle or taxi from Nice airport to Cannes?
- 24 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 25 Visa to TURKEY