I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 2 London theatre recommendations
- 4 spanish winery region(s)
- 5 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 6 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 7 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 8 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 9 Shopping in Paris
- 10 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 11 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 12 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 13 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 14 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 15 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 16 December in Deutschland
- 17 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 18 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 19 cash or plastic in Greece
- 20 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 21 Rome and Venice in December
- 22 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 23 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 24 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 25 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!