I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Paris: Solo travel advice needed!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 2 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 3 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 4 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 5 Quick Survey for my thesis about online travel services
- 6 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 7 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 8 London Weekend
- 9 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 10 Mont St. Michele?
- 11 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 12 Alhambra questions
- 13 Berlin: evening dining
- 14 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 15 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 16 France 8 days
- 17 Baltic cruise ports
- 18 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 19 European Quiz Monday March 30
- 20 milan austria
- 21 Ef Tour 10 days in Bavaria then 15 in Köthen
- 22 Trip report Tuscany and Bologna
- 23 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 24 Still at a loss for best place to stop on Pyrenees Road trip.
- 25 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs