I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Paris: Solo travel advice needed!!
- 1 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 2 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 3 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 4 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 5 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 6 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 7 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 8 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 9 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 10 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 11 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 12 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 13 Which tour company would be best?
- 14 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 15 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 16 Northern Italy
- 17 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 18 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 19 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 20 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 21 France by rail or car?
- 22 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 23 Hotels in Sorrento
- 24 Hair cuts in Florence
- 25 private tour from cruise port in Naples