I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 2 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 3 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Tuscany First Time
- 6 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 7 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 8 Switzerland in October
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Recommendations
- 11 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 12 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 13 2 days in Lugano area
- 14 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 15 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Italy in January?
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 Paris- restaurant
- 21 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 22 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 23 Iceland car rental agencies
- 24 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 25 Happy birthday ATM