I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Paris: Solo travel advice needed!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London tube
- 2 Paris to Rome
- 3 bath or york
- 4 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 5 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 6 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 7 Lavender Fields
- 8 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 11 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 12 Local Tour in Provence?
- 13 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 14 Ste Remy France
- 15 car rental info
- 16 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 17 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 20 A drive in Europe
- 21 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 22 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 23 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 24 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 25 3.5 days in Andalucia