I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Paris: Solo travel advice needed!!
- 1 Advent Season
- 2 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 3 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 4 Late night Mayfair
- 5 Swiss train travel - why so costly?
- 6 Lake Como and Santorini
- 7 Overlord Tour Payment Method Not Secure
- 8 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 9 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 10 Paris-Barcelona high-speed trains are go!
- 11 Funny questions over the years on Basque Country and Spain
- 12 Is Europcar ok if I have no other choice?
- 13 Paris Photo from Bing Today
- 14 Rome and Sorrento Honeymoon trip report!
- 15 Lucerne to Lausanne Itinerary
- 16 A family of 4 - 4 days in Switzerland
- 17 14 days to travel Europe...topdeck vs busabout
- 18 Need help with Itinerary for Spain & France March
- 19 Copenhagen public transportation
- 20 "Must See" Day Trips from London/Paris
- 21 Prague to Poland
- 22 Car rental for 7, should we get one or two vehicles?
- 23 Hotel Le Vallon De Valrugues and Spa
- 24 1 1/2 Days in Frankfurt - Looking for Suggestions
- 25 Two weeks in mostly Tuscany- need advice