I have a few questions about traveling solo to Paris (will stay one week). This will be my first time in Europe (I'm late 20's male). My concern is whether to stay in a hostel or a hotel. Here's my dilemma, I would like to have people around me to talk to and have a drink with later in the day (as I'm sure my days will be full) and I can see that being a problem since I don't speak French....is it easy to chat with people in Paris restaurants/bars? I'd like to meet people that are a little more mature - I'm done with drinking to excess every night (I've seen this in hostel's before....and I was one of those people drinking to excess )
If I opted for a hotel room - would it be easy to meet people? Are there places in the city where you can strike up a conversation??
Paris: Solo travel advice needed!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 2 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 3 Zermatt, Switzerland
- 4 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 5 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 6 netherlands-Prag-vienne-budapest-munich BY CAR in WINTER?roads?
- 7 Paris then Glasgow with 5 kids
- 8 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 9 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 10 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 11 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 12 London - Paris - Venice - Flight & Transport Questions
- 13 Trip report: solo female traveler in Spain
- 14 Pacsafe Neck Wallet / Women travel and Spain & Seville tips/safety
- 15 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 16 Trip to Pyrenees
- 17 Traveling to Russia and then onto Germany or Austria...Good idea?
- 18 Spain to France Itenerary Question: Plane or Train
- 19 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 20 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 21 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 22 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 23 Vacation Pictures
- 24 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 25 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca