I am a new member, I registered with this forum because I really need your advice on how I should plan my holiday in Dec 2016. My group includes my parents (age 58 and 56 with sciatica), my 3 sisters (age 26, 21 and 19), my husband and my 2 boys (age 10 and 9) and of course, me . We plan to go from 20 Dec 16 to 2 Jan 17. The plan is 3 days in Paris and 7 days in Rome and Florence (maybe add Barcelona if we have a bit more time). (age is at the time of travel, depart from London).
• Travel method: Fly? Train or both? If we go by train, can we go over the Alps when travel from Paris to Rome so see this beautiful mountain covered with snow?
• What should I see in Paris?
• What should I see in Rome and Florence?
• Restaurant / Hotel recommendation (in a central location, good food, nice area and not too noisy)? My Mum works in Hilton so she can book up to 2 rooms at special rates, can I find good, reasonable priced hotels close to Hilton to book the 3rd room?
• If I have a customised tour:
o does it mean I can start the tour late – say 9am – instead of 7am - because the bus doesn’t have to go around to pick up travellers?
o Does it mean I can eat wherever / whenever I want?
o Which tour agency should I book with?
• Anything else I need to know about?
Sorry if I seem to want a lot for the tour, but my parents come from a poor background, this is their first proper holiday ever, I want to make it nice for them and for my sisters and my husband and my kids too (good food, good time, explore new places leisurely, etc.). Budget: £1500 per person
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 2 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 3 ATM at airport
- 4 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 5 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 6 Flat in London
- 7 Lay over time
- 8 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 9 Sundays in Puglia
- 10 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 11 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 12 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 13 Greek Islands (small)
- 14 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 15 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 16 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 17 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 18 K-Day
- 19 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 20 Spain in December
- 21 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe