I am a new member, I registered with this forum because I really need your advice on how I should plan my holiday in Dec 2016. My group includes my parents (age 58 and 56 with sciatica), my 3 sisters (age 26, 21 and 19), my husband and my 2 boys (age 10 and 9) and of course, me . We plan to go from 20 Dec 16 to 2 Jan 17. The plan is 3 days in Paris and 7 days in Rome and Florence (maybe add Barcelona if we have a bit more time). (age is at the time of travel, depart from London).
• Travel method: Fly? Train or both? If we go by train, can we go over the Alps when travel from Paris to Rome so see this beautiful mountain covered with snow?
• What should I see in Paris?
• What should I see in Rome and Florence?
• Restaurant / Hotel recommendation (in a central location, good food, nice area and not too noisy)? My Mum works in Hilton so she can book up to 2 rooms at special rates, can I find good, reasonable priced hotels close to Hilton to book the 3rd room?
• If I have a customised tour:
o does it mean I can start the tour late – say 9am – instead of 7am - because the bus doesn’t have to go around to pick up travellers?
o Does it mean I can eat wherever / whenever I want?
o Which tour agency should I book with?
• Anything else I need to know about?
Sorry if I seem to want a lot for the tour, but my parents come from a poor background, this is their first proper holiday ever, I want to make it nice for them and for my sisters and my husband and my kids too (good food, good time, explore new places leisurely, etc.). Budget: £1500 per person
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 2 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 3 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 4 retruning to US with souveniers
- 5 returning with souveniers from Europe
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 11 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 12 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 15 Help on ancient history route
- 16 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 17 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 18 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 19 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 24 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 25 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area