I am a new member, I registered with this forum because I really need your advice on how I should plan my holiday in Dec 2016. My group includes my parents (age 58 and 56 with sciatica), my 3 sisters (age 26, 21 and 19), my husband and my 2 boys (age 10 and 9) and of course, me . We plan to go from 20 Dec 16 to 2 Jan 17. The plan is 3 days in Paris and 7 days in Rome and Florence (maybe add Barcelona if we have a bit more time). (age is at the time of travel, depart from London).
• Travel method: Fly? Train or both? If we go by train, can we go over the Alps when travel from Paris to Rome so see this beautiful mountain covered with snow?
• What should I see in Paris?
• What should I see in Rome and Florence?
• Restaurant / Hotel recommendation (in a central location, good food, nice area and not too noisy)? My Mum works in Hilton so she can book up to 2 rooms at special rates, can I find good, reasonable priced hotels close to Hilton to book the 3rd room?
• If I have a customised tour:
o does it mean I can start the tour late – say 9am – instead of 7am - because the bus doesn’t have to go around to pick up travellers?
o Does it mean I can eat wherever / whenever I want?
o Which tour agency should I book with?
• Anything else I need to know about?
Sorry if I seem to want a lot for the tour, but my parents come from a poor background, this is their first proper holiday ever, I want to make it nice for them and for my sisters and my husband and my kids too (good food, good time, explore new places leisurely, etc.). Budget: £1500 per person
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 italy Cinque Terre
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 7 San Sebastián
- 8 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 9 Northern Ireland ideas
- 10 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 11 Zurich to Milan trip
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Belgium Itinerary
- 14 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 Can parking
- 19 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 20 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 21 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 22 Electrical Power Conversion
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 25 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue