I am a new member, I registered with this forum because I really need your advice on how I should plan my holiday in Dec 2016. My group includes my parents (age 58 and 56 with sciatica), my 3 sisters (age 26, 21 and 19), my husband and my 2 boys (age 10 and 9) and of course, me . We plan to go from 20 Dec 16 to 2 Jan 17. The plan is 3 days in Paris and 7 days in Rome and Florence (maybe add Barcelona if we have a bit more time). (age is at the time of travel, depart from London).
• Travel method: Fly? Train or both? If we go by train, can we go over the Alps when travel from Paris to Rome so see this beautiful mountain covered with snow?
• What should I see in Paris?
• What should I see in Rome and Florence?
• Restaurant / Hotel recommendation (in a central location, good food, nice area and not too noisy)? My Mum works in Hilton so she can book up to 2 rooms at special rates, can I find good, reasonable priced hotels close to Hilton to book the 3rd room?
• If I have a customised tour:
o does it mean I can start the tour late – say 9am – instead of 7am - because the bus doesn’t have to go around to pick up travellers?
o Does it mean I can eat wherever / whenever I want?
o Which tour agency should I book with?
• Anything else I need to know about?
Sorry if I seem to want a lot for the tour, but my parents come from a poor background, this is their first proper holiday ever, I want to make it nice for them and for my sisters and my husband and my kids too (good food, good time, explore new places leisurely, etc.). Budget: £1500 per person
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another Question re Scotland
- 2 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 3 Dalmation coast in October?
- 4 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 6 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 7 credit and debit cards
- 8 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 9 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 10 Swiss rail disruption near Luzern
- 11 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 12 Where to stay in Umbria
- 13 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 14 Cinque Terre Area & Coastal Day Activities
- 15 First Trip to Ireland
- 16 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 17 Greece or Croatia OR Croatia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy
- 18 Train up the Jungfrau
- 19 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 20 travel around Spain
- 21 Tattoos in Italy
- 22 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 23 Charming areas to explore in London
- 24 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 25 Anniversary Trip to Ireland