We are planning a trip to France in October. Unfortunately, we've already booked our flights (we found a deal too good to pass up), and are now trying to plan everything out. We've both been to Paris before, but not elsewhere in France. I really, really want a taste of Provence, but right now it's a little tight. Our current plan is: Arrive Monday at 2pm, take a train around 4-5pm directly to Provence, settle in etc by 10pm. Have Tues, Weds and Thurs am to explore a few small towns, settle in back in Paris by Thursday pm. Spend Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tues am before we fly out Tuesday pm for NYC. This seems doable but some have warned me it won't be enough time.
Another option we are floating is to buy 2 more one-way tickets from Nice for $300 p/p. This would mean we'd spend Mon-Fri in Paris, Sat-Thurs in Provence and train to Nice to leave on Friday. Does this realistically add much more time? We'd have to drop the rental car back off in Avignon and then take the train to Nice on Thursday.
Basically, we're wondering if anyone who has experienced Provence would say 2 days is still a good amount of time to get a taste? We don't want to complicate the trip any further, but we are pretty set on Southern France.
Thank you in advance to any advice you have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer Installation CONTACT☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Supp0rt**
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 4 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 8 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 9 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 10 Long weekend in Albania
- 11 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 12 Airfare from Paris to Bastia
- 13 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 14 hill of crosses
- 15 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 16 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 Planning A trip
- 19 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 20 A week in the Occitanie
- 21 Munich and....???
- 22 Iceland March Itinerary
- 23 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 24 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas