We are planning a trip to France in October. Unfortunately, we've already booked our flights (we found a deal too good to pass up), and are now trying to plan everything out. We've both been to Paris before, but not elsewhere in France. I really, really want a taste of Provence, but right now it's a little tight. Our current plan is: Arrive Monday at 2pm, take a train around 4-5pm directly to Provence, settle in etc by 10pm. Have Tues, Weds and Thurs am to explore a few small towns, settle in back in Paris by Thursday pm. Spend Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tues am before we fly out Tuesday pm for NYC. This seems doable but some have warned me it won't be enough time.
Another option we are floating is to buy 2 more one-way tickets from Nice for $300 p/p. This would mean we'd spend Mon-Fri in Paris, Sat-Thurs in Provence and train to Nice to leave on Friday. Does this realistically add much more time? We'd have to drop the rental car back off in Avignon and then take the train to Nice on Thursday.
Basically, we're wondering if anyone who has experienced Provence would say 2 days is still a good amount of time to get a taste? We don't want to complicate the trip any further, but we are pretty set on Southern France.
Thank you in advance to any advice you have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Barcelona
- 3 Spain and South of France
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 Overnight at Heathrow
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Ronda Wine/biking
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Andalucia itinerary help
- 15 Santorini lodging
- 16 Germany family road trip help!
- 17 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 18 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 19 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 20 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 21 Prague
- 22 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 23 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 24 9 days in London
- 25 Where to buy things outside of Munich