We are planning a trip to France in October. Unfortunately, we've already booked our flights (we found a deal too good to pass up), and are now trying to plan everything out. We've both been to Paris before, but not elsewhere in France. I really, really want a taste of Provence, but right now it's a little tight. Our current plan is: Arrive Monday at 2pm, take a train around 4-5pm directly to Provence, settle in etc by 10pm. Have Tues, Weds and Thurs am to explore a few small towns, settle in back in Paris by Thursday pm. Spend Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tues am before we fly out Tuesday pm for NYC. This seems doable but some have warned me it won't be enough time.
Another option we are floating is to buy 2 more one-way tickets from Nice for $300 p/p. This would mean we'd spend Mon-Fri in Paris, Sat-Thurs in Provence and train to Nice to leave on Friday. Does this realistically add much more time? We'd have to drop the rental car back off in Avignon and then take the train to Nice on Thursday.
Basically, we're wondering if anyone who has experienced Provence would say 2 days is still a good amount of time to get a taste? We don't want to complicate the trip any further, but we are pretty set on Southern France.
Thank you in advance to any advice you have!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hello@ ☎ 1:800:681:7208 MCAFEE Install CONTACTs MCAFEE Technical Care
- 2 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 3 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 6 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 7 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 8 Studying art in English in venice
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 11 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 12 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 13 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 14 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 15 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 16 Berlin to ?
- 17 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 18 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Trogir or Split
- 21 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 22 Scotland
- 23 Hotels in Turin
- 24 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 25 Istria in two days