Planning on building in some park time for our upcoming trip to Paris with our two kids (ages 6 & 8).
We plan to visit the Jardin des Tuileries for sure. Not sure about Jardin du Luxembourg (heard there is a nice play structure and coffee area). And, maybe EITHER the Parc Villette (the architectural structures with various mazes/gardens sound neat) OR the Jardin d'acclimatation.
Can anyone adivse as to which park they would pick given my kids' ages? Is Jardin d'acclimatation mostly kiddie rides? My husband and I are interested in architecture so I am leaning towards the Parc Villette (which still sounds like fun for kids). And is Jardin du Luxembourg a must-see?
Any recommendations for grabbing lunch in these places? Are the cafes around the Tuileries any good? Are we better off buying a crepe from a street cart? Or grabbing jambon baguettes from a nearby boulangerie?
Merci a l'avance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 2 The Best beach in Europe
- 3 Help? Berlin (or Prague) dentist
- 4 The suitcases ar going to Provence
- 5 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 6 Time to go through customs London, Stansted
- 7 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 8 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 9 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 10 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 11 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 12 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 13 Northern Spain
- 14 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 15 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 16 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 17 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 18 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 19 explore Italy on a budget
- 20 Itenerary Opinion
- 21 Transportation
- 22 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 23 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 24 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 25 Parking in Alhambra for two days
Paris parks for kids - Tuileries/Luxembourg/Villette, etc.?