Planning on building in some park time for our upcoming trip to Paris with our two kids (ages 6 & 8).
We plan to visit the Jardin des Tuileries for sure. Not sure about Jardin du Luxembourg (heard there is a nice play structure and coffee area). And, maybe EITHER the Parc Villette (the architectural structures with various mazes/gardens sound neat) OR the Jardin d'acclimatation.
Can anyone adivse as to which park they would pick given my kids' ages? Is Jardin d'acclimatation mostly kiddie rides? My husband and I are interested in architecture so I am leaning towards the Parc Villette (which still sounds like fun for kids). And is Jardin du Luxembourg a must-see?
Any recommendations for grabbing lunch in these places? Are the cafes around the Tuileries any good? Are we better off buying a crepe from a street cart? Or grabbing jambon baguettes from a nearby boulangerie?
Merci a l'avance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 2 Couscous
- 3 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 4 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 5 Ibiiza Spain
- 6 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 7 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 8 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 9 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 10 Cartagena Spain
- 11 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 12 3 nights in Madrid
- 13 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 14 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 15 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 16 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 17 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 18 Help with Ireland Trip
- 19 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 20 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 21 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 24 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 25 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
Paris parks for kids - Tuileries/Luxembourg/Villette, etc.?