Planning on building in some park time for our upcoming trip to Paris with our two kids (ages 6 & 8).
We plan to visit the Jardin des Tuileries for sure. Not sure about Jardin du Luxembourg (heard there is a nice play structure and coffee area). And, maybe EITHER the Parc Villette (the architectural structures with various mazes/gardens sound neat) OR the Jardin d'acclimatation.
Can anyone adivse as to which park they would pick given my kids' ages? Is Jardin d'acclimatation mostly kiddie rides? My husband and I are interested in architecture so I am leaning towards the Parc Villette (which still sounds like fun for kids). And is Jardin du Luxembourg a must-see?
Any recommendations for grabbing lunch in these places? Are the cafes around the Tuileries any good? Are we better off buying a crepe from a street cart? Or grabbing jambon baguettes from a nearby boulangerie?
Merci a l'avance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 2 What type of visa is right for me?
- 3 CDG to the 10th on Friday afternoon for 6
- 4 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 5 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?
- 6 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 7 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 8 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 9 Help me decide where to go xmas week
- 10 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 11 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt
- 12 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 13 May or September Andulucia/Munich
- 14 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 15 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 16 Paris---baguette question???
- 17 Vienna to Bratislava
- 18 a loss about Paris
- 19 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 20 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 21 Want to meet the locals? Some new ideas
- 22 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 23 15 Days in Italy - Venice & Rome
- 24 Want to Meet the Locals? Try Camping
- 25 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
Paris parks for kids - Tuileries/Luxembourg/Villette, etc.?