Planning on building in some park time for our upcoming trip to Paris with our two kids (ages 6 & 8).
We plan to visit the Jardin des Tuileries for sure. Not sure about Jardin du Luxembourg (heard there is a nice play structure and coffee area). And, maybe EITHER the Parc Villette (the architectural structures with various mazes/gardens sound neat) OR the Jardin d'acclimatation.
Can anyone adivse as to which park they would pick given my kids' ages? Is Jardin d'acclimatation mostly kiddie rides? My husband and I are interested in architecture so I am leaning towards the Parc Villette (which still sounds like fun for kids). And is Jardin du Luxembourg a must-see?
Any recommendations for grabbing lunch in these places? Are the cafes around the Tuileries any good? Are we better off buying a crepe from a street cart? Or grabbing jambon baguettes from a nearby boulangerie?
Merci a l'avance!
Paris parks for kids - Tuileries/Luxembourg/Villette, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toulouse and beyond -
- 2 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 3 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 4 Reims for a day
- 5 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 6 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 7 Munich with a car?
- 8 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 9 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 12 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 13 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 14 poland to switzerland
- 15 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 16 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 17 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 20 Day trip on the Rhine
- 21 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 22 One week in Venice - trips
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 25 Reservation needed in Germany?