Planning on building in some park time for our upcoming trip to Paris with our two kids (ages 6 & 8).
We plan to visit the Jardin des Tuileries for sure. Not sure about Jardin du Luxembourg (heard there is a nice play structure and coffee area). And, maybe EITHER the Parc Villette (the architectural structures with various mazes/gardens sound neat) OR the Jardin d'acclimatation.
Can anyone adivse as to which park they would pick given my kids' ages? Is Jardin d'acclimatation mostly kiddie rides? My husband and I are interested in architecture so I am leaning towards the Parc Villette (which still sounds like fun for kids). And is Jardin du Luxembourg a must-see?
Any recommendations for grabbing lunch in these places? Are the cafes around the Tuileries any good? Are we better off buying a crepe from a street cart? Or grabbing jambon baguettes from a nearby boulangerie?
Merci a l'avance!
Paris parks for kids - Tuileries/Luxembourg/Villette, etc.?
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Dresden Train Station
- 3 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 4 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 5 Italian Lakes gardens
- 6 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 7 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 8 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 9 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 11 London for Christmas
- 12 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 13 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 14 More help with housing in Puglia
- 15 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 16 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 17 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 18 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 19 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 20 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 River cruises
- 23 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 Week in Interlaken at end of February