Planning on building in some park time for our upcoming trip to Paris with our two kids (ages 6 & 8).
We plan to visit the Jardin des Tuileries for sure. Not sure about Jardin du Luxembourg (heard there is a nice play structure and coffee area). And, maybe EITHER the Parc Villette (the architectural structures with various mazes/gardens sound neat) OR the Jardin d'acclimatation.
Can anyone adivse as to which park they would pick given my kids' ages? Is Jardin d'acclimatation mostly kiddie rides? My husband and I are interested in architecture so I am leaning towards the Parc Villette (which still sounds like fun for kids). And is Jardin du Luxembourg a must-see?
Any recommendations for grabbing lunch in these places? Are the cafes around the Tuileries any good? Are we better off buying a crepe from a street cart? Or grabbing jambon baguettes from a nearby boulangerie?
Merci a l'avance!
Paris parks for kids - Tuileries/Luxembourg/Villette, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arc de Triumph Question
- 2 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 3 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 4 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 5 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 6 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 7 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 8 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 9 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 10 What to wear
- 11 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 12 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 13 Paris November 2014
- 14 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 15 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 16 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 17 Traveling in France by train
- 18 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 19 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 20 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 23 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 24 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 25 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)