Planning on building in some park time for our upcoming trip to Paris with our two kids (ages 6 & 8).
We plan to visit the Jardin des Tuileries for sure. Not sure about Jardin du Luxembourg (heard there is a nice play structure and coffee area). And, maybe EITHER the Parc Villette (the architectural structures with various mazes/gardens sound neat) OR the Jardin d'acclimatation.
Can anyone adivse as to which park they would pick given my kids' ages? Is Jardin d'acclimatation mostly kiddie rides? My husband and I are interested in architecture so I am leaning towards the Parc Villette (which still sounds like fun for kids). And is Jardin du Luxembourg a must-see?
Any recommendations for grabbing lunch in these places? Are the cafes around the Tuileries any good? Are we better off buying a crepe from a street cart? Or grabbing jambon baguettes from a nearby boulangerie?
Merci a l'avance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 2 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 3 London restaurant suggestions
- 4 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/sevan-skin-serum/
- 5 Soccer Game in Portugal?
- 6 http://www.supplementadvise.com/flex-belt/
- 7 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 8 Sentimental Journey
- 9 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 10 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 11 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 12 Trip to Italy: Venice, Tuscany, Rome, Positano
- 13 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 14 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 15 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 16 Input on Paris Itinerary
- 17 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 18 Need help getting from Paris to St Jean Pied de port
- 19 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 20 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 21 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 22 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 23 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
- 24 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 25 Florence-rothenburg or colmar?
Paris parks for kids - Tuileries/Luxembourg/Villette, etc.?