my husband and i will be visiting paris for the first time at the end of october... we are on a tight budget and found an apartment in the Chatelet Les Halles neighborhood through a site called AirBnB. We have heard iffy things about the neighborhood and wanted to know if anyone has had any personal experiences, in terms of safety and centrality with this neighborhood we are a couple in our late 30's and dont mind a colorful, bohemian scene, but want to make sure we are not in a dangerous location. thank you
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 2 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 3 Car rental in Paris
- 4 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 5 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 6 Canaries to Turkey in ten countries
- 7 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 8 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 9 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 10 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 11 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 12 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 13 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 14 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 15 Sentimental Journey
- 16 A few last minute questions
- 17 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 18 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 19 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 20 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 21 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 22 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 23 Stay away from EF Tours
- 24 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 25 12 days in the Italian Lakes