I was looking at our Navigo Découverte cards in anticipation of our upcoming trip.
The plastic sleeve contains two cards:
-- the purple & green card with the chip
-- the white card with the name & photo
Is it permissible (or customary) to just carry these two cards around rather than keeping them in the plastic sleeve.
Does the plastic sleeve have an important electronic function -- protecting the chip, for instance?
The sleeve is a little bulky in my wallet...it fits, but it would be more convenient to not use it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 2 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 3 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 4 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 5 Shoes in Scotland
- 6 Engadine Valley help
- 7 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 8 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 9 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 10 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 11 Naples, Italy
- 12 Ireland in April
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 15 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 16 French restaurants
- 17 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 18 Tuscany 6 nights
- 19 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 22 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 23 Planning a European Trip
- 24 France & Italy, May or June
- 25 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March