One of the joys of riding around Paris on the metro is to me at least the many busking musicians playing in many stations - and these are not just any ole folks throwing down their hats and playing - but who have to be officially licensed to be awarded one of 300 official buskers allowed to perform at any metro station.
Of course there are also renegade buskers at times - the article points out the ubiquitous accordion players that board trains and illegally play.
Interesting the article says the Chatelet is the world's largest underground station.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holiday Itinerary
- 2 Itinerary Help!
- 3 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 4 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 5 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 6 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 7 Spain in November
- 8 France to stop making foie grois
- 9 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 10 How big backpack do I need?
- 11 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 12 AVE train tickets questions.
- 13 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 14 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 15 Naples or Genoa
- 16 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 17 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 18 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 19 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 20 Prague on a budget...
- 21 December in Slovenia
- 22 Itinerary help please!
- 23 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 24 Norway road trip- September 2016- suggestions please
- 25 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25