I'm heading to Europe in a couple of weeks and will be visiting Barcelona, Rome, Paris and London, among other places. I have just discovered I can purchase a Paris Metro pass here in Australia, which offers unlimited access across zones 1-5 (includes Versailles) for five days for AU$120. This includes buses. It obviously works out at between $20 and $25 a day. I am not sure I will go to Versaille (I will if I find I have time but am pretty excited about soaking up as much of Paris as I can in the six nights I am there).
Do Fodorites think the pass is good value/that I will spend that much in a day? I do like to walk and that is preferable but I will be there by myself so after dark public transport would probably be better.
My other question is does anyone know of a similar pass in Barcelona (four nights there), Rome (four nights there) and London (seven nights there, staying in the Clapham South area with friends who live there)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 2 Bath/Cotswolds
- 3 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 4 Thinking about the Fjords
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 7 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 8 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 9 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 10 UK in May and June
- 11 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 14 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 15 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 Globus Iberian Tour
- 18 Spain: train/rental car help
- 19 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 20 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 21 Budapest Card
- 22 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 23 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 24 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 25 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain