I'm heading to Europe in a couple of weeks and will be visiting Barcelona, Rome, Paris and London, among other places. I have just discovered I can purchase a Paris Metro pass here in Australia, which offers unlimited access across zones 1-5 (includes Versailles) for five days for AU$120. This includes buses. It obviously works out at between $20 and $25 a day. I am not sure I will go to Versaille (I will if I find I have time but am pretty excited about soaking up as much of Paris as I can in the six nights I am there).
Do Fodorites think the pass is good value/that I will spend that much in a day? I do like to walk and that is preferable but I will be there by myself so after dark public transport would probably be better.
My other question is does anyone know of a similar pass in Barcelona (four nights there), Rome (four nights there) and London (seven nights there, staying in the Clapham South area with friends who live there)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Never Mind"
- 2 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 3 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 4 Killarney
- 5 Cornwall Advice
- 6 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 7 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 8 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 9 Florence Travel Guide
- 10 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 11 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 12 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 13 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 14 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 15 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 16 Rome Advice?
- 17 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 18 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 19 Italian lakes
- 20 Via del Sale, Italy
- 21 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 22 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 23 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 24 Andalucia itinerary help
- 25 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now