I'm heading to Europe in a couple of weeks and will be visiting Barcelona, Rome, Paris and London, among other places. I have just discovered I can purchase a Paris Metro pass here in Australia, which offers unlimited access across zones 1-5 (includes Versailles) for five days for AU$120. This includes buses. It obviously works out at between $20 and $25 a day. I am not sure I will go to Versaille (I will if I find I have time but am pretty excited about soaking up as much of Paris as I can in the six nights I am there).
Do Fodorites think the pass is good value/that I will spend that much in a day? I do like to walk and that is preferable but I will be there by myself so after dark public transport would probably be better.
My other question is does anyone know of a similar pass in Barcelona (four nights there), Rome (four nights there) and London (seven nights there, staying in the Clapham South area with friends who live there)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 2 Clean up spam
- 3 Car rental help in Sicily
- 4 Small towns not too near Paris
- 5 iPhone/Skype/ATM questions
- 6 Help with basic itinerary
- 7 Ljubljana to Zagreb and Split to Dubrovnik Buses
- 8 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 9 Help: Nafplion to Hydra which ferry port
- 10 Amalfi Coast, Italy
- 11 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 12 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 13 Passenger van Rental in Milan
- 14 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 15 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 16 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 17 Ron Hoffberg, Prague Guide
- 18 Valencia, Spain
- 19 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 20 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 21 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 22 credit and debit cards
- 23 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 24 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 25 Positano Surprise