I'm heading to Europe in a couple of weeks and will be visiting Barcelona, Rome, Paris and London, among other places. I have just discovered I can purchase a Paris Metro pass here in Australia, which offers unlimited access across zones 1-5 (includes Versailles) for five days for AU$120. This includes buses. It obviously works out at between $20 and $25 a day. I am not sure I will go to Versaille (I will if I find I have time but am pretty excited about soaking up as much of Paris as I can in the six nights I am there).
Do Fodorites think the pass is good value/that I will spend that much in a day? I do like to walk and that is preferable but I will be there by myself so after dark public transport would probably be better.
My other question is does anyone know of a similar pass in Barcelona (four nights there), Rome (four nights there) and London (seven nights there, staying in the Clapham South area with friends who live there)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://bodypotency.com/red-fortera/
- 2 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 3 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 4 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 5 free international phone calls
- 6 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 7 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 8 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 9 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 10 London 6 day itinerary
- 11 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 12 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 International drivers permit
- 15 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 16 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 17 France Study Abroad
- 18 Paris and Normandy
- 19 Sicily Beach Resort
- 20 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 21 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 22 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 23 Two days in Rome
- 24 Classical Tour of Albania
- 25 First visit to London