I (along with two other family members) will be taking our first trip to Europe, and visiting France. We have already booked our airline tickets, nonstop on United, departing from SFO on Dec. 17th (arriving at 10:00 am Dec 18th at CDG) and returning on Dec 31.I have spent a great deal of time on what we will do in Paris, so no help needed there but the problem lies elsewhere... I am having a lot of trouble deciding where else to go (really wanted to visit the alps, but extremely from christmas to new years). I want to visit Lyon, as it is a food capital and very historic. I also considered Strasbourg (Christmas Market could be fun), Dijon and the Riviera (Nice, Cannes, Monaco, etc). Also, I want to spend the last two days back in Paris. Below is a preliminary structure of the trip.
1. Paris (6 days, 5 nights)
2. Lyon (3 days, 2 nights)
3. Unplanned (4 days, 3 nights)
4. Paris (3 days, 2 nights)
I would enjoy good food, culture and museums, and a little shopping. I don't plan on renting a car and plan to primarily use the train for travel between places.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 2 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 3 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 4 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 5 Skiing Village or Small Town near Vienna
- 6 Uwaga : koniec = parking fine
- 7 European Cooking Secrets
- 8 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 9 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 10 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 11 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 12 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 13 Rome 1st Time - Wish you'd known, tips, unexpected surprises
- 14 Lisbon guided sightseeing tours
- 15 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 16 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 17 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 18 Assisi, Chianti & Inqie Terre-2 wks.
- 19 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 20 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 23 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 24 Verona and Lake Garda
- 25 20 Days in Europe