I (along with two other family members) will be taking our first trip to Europe, and visiting France. We have already booked our airline tickets, nonstop on United, departing from SFO on Dec. 17th (arriving at 10:00 am Dec 18th at CDG) and returning on Dec 31.I have spent a great deal of time on what we will do in Paris, so no help needed there but the problem lies elsewhere... I am having a lot of trouble deciding where else to go (really wanted to visit the alps, but extremely from christmas to new years). I want to visit Lyon, as it is a food capital and very historic. I also considered Strasbourg (Christmas Market could be fun), Dijon and the Riviera (Nice, Cannes, Monaco, etc). Also, I want to spend the last two days back in Paris. Below is a preliminary structure of the trip.
1. Paris (6 days, 5 nights)
2. Lyon (3 days, 2 nights)
3. Unplanned (4 days, 3 nights)
4. Paris (3 days, 2 nights)
I would enjoy good food, culture and museums, and a little shopping. I don't plan on renting a car and plan to primarily use the train for travel between places.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Paris, Lyon, and .... ? Christmas in France 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 2 Sleeper Coaches Tickets from Krakow to Budapest -- Cheap Sparnight fares
- 3 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 4 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 5 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 6 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 7 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 8 Rauma Train and the Atlantic Ocean Rd worth visiting?
- 9 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 10 Scotland and northern England
- 11 What's your suggestion ????
- 12 I Have 7 Days for a Portugal DIY
- 13 Help Me Plan My Trip
- 14 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 15 Renting an apt.
- 16 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 17 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 18 Help me with this trip
- 19 February end Europe travel with Kids
- 20 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 21 Michelin, Fodors, Rough Guide, or ???-What's your favorite travel guide?
- 22 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 23 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 24 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 25 Northern Italy Planner's Block -- Help!