I (along with two other family members) will be taking our first trip to Europe, and visiting France. We have already booked our airline tickets, nonstop on United, departing from SFO on Dec. 17th (arriving at 10:00 am Dec 18th at CDG) and returning on Dec 31.I have spent a great deal of time on what we will do in Paris, so no help needed there but the problem lies elsewhere... I am having a lot of trouble deciding where else to go (really wanted to visit the alps, but extremely from christmas to new years). I want to visit Lyon, as it is a food capital and very historic. I also considered Strasbourg (Christmas Market could be fun), Dijon and the Riviera (Nice, Cannes, Monaco, etc). Also, I want to spend the last two days back in Paris. Below is a preliminary structure of the trip.
1. Paris (6 days, 5 nights)
2. Lyon (3 days, 2 nights)
3. Unplanned (4 days, 3 nights)
4. Paris (3 days, 2 nights)
I would enjoy good food, culture and museums, and a little shopping. I don't plan on renting a car and plan to primarily use the train for travel between places.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 11 days in Andalusia
- 2 Norway Route to take for Self driving
- 3 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 4 Should we go to Vienna?
- 5 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 6 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 7 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 8 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 9 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 10 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 11 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 12 norway self-drive itinerary
- 13 Loire Valley itinerary
- 14 Paris - Phantom - Theatre Mogador Fire
- 15 Iceland trip report
- 16 February in Florence
- 17 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 18 Ronda to Seville
- 19 Europe Itinerary
- 20 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 21 Belgium for the 1st time
- 22 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 23 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 24 Our short visit to Stockholm: A few details and many photos
- 25 visa expired