I (along with two other family members) will be taking our first trip to Europe, and visiting France. We have already booked our airline tickets, nonstop on United, departing from SFO on Dec. 17th (arriving at 10:00 am Dec 18th at CDG) and returning on Dec 31.I have spent a great deal of time on what we will do in Paris, so no help needed there but the problem lies elsewhere... I am having a lot of trouble deciding where else to go (really wanted to visit the alps, but extremely from christmas to new years). I want to visit Lyon, as it is a food capital and very historic. I also considered Strasbourg (Christmas Market could be fun), Dijon and the Riviera (Nice, Cannes, Monaco, etc). Also, I want to spend the last two days back in Paris. Below is a preliminary structure of the trip.
1. Paris (6 days, 5 nights)
2. Lyon (3 days, 2 nights)
3. Unplanned (4 days, 3 nights)
4. Paris (3 days, 2 nights)
I would enjoy good food, culture and museums, and a little shopping. I don't plan on renting a car and plan to primarily use the train for travel between places.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 2 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 3 Ireland one week
- 4 Travel WiFi - France
- 5 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 6 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 7 Seville in late January
- 8 Berlin restaurant recs
- 9 Guides - Matera
- 10 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 11 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 12 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 13 3 days to spend in europe
- 14 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 15 RFID Protection
- 16 Spain Trip Report
- 17 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 18 20 free days of Europe
- 19 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 20 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 21 Limo from Heathrow
- 22 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 23 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 24 Iceland Trip report
- 25 What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa