I (along with two other family members) will be taking our first trip to Europe, and visiting France. We have already booked our airline tickets, nonstop on United, departing from SFO on Dec. 17th (arriving at 10:00 am Dec 18th at CDG) and returning on Dec 31.I have spent a great deal of time on what we will do in Paris, so no help needed there but the problem lies elsewhere... I am having a lot of trouble deciding where else to go (really wanted to visit the alps, but extremely from christmas to new years). I want to visit Lyon, as it is a food capital and very historic. I also considered Strasbourg (Christmas Market could be fun), Dijon and the Riviera (Nice, Cannes, Monaco, etc). Also, I want to spend the last two days back in Paris. Below is a preliminary structure of the trip.
1. Paris (6 days, 5 nights)
2. Lyon (3 days, 2 nights)
3. Unplanned (4 days, 3 nights)
4. Paris (3 days, 2 nights)
I would enjoy good food, culture and museums, and a little shopping. I don't plan on renting a car and plan to primarily use the train for travel between places.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Paris, Lyon, and .... ? Christmas in France 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 2 7 days in Greece
- 3 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 4 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 5 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 London hotel
- 8 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 13 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 14 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 15 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 16 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 17 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 18 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 19 Paris in April?
- 20 Prague - Tram #22
- 21 car rental companies Italy
- 22 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 23 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside