I (along with two other family members) will be taking our first trip to Europe, and visiting France. We have already booked our airline tickets, nonstop on United, departing from SFO on Dec. 17th (arriving at 10:00 am Dec 18th at CDG) and returning on Dec 31.I have spent a great deal of time on what we will do in Paris, so no help needed there but the problem lies elsewhere... I am having a lot of trouble deciding where else to go (really wanted to visit the alps, but extremely from christmas to new years). I want to visit Lyon, as it is a food capital and very historic. I also considered Strasbourg (Christmas Market could be fun), Dijon and the Riviera (Nice, Cannes, Monaco, etc). Also, I want to spend the last two days back in Paris. Below is a preliminary structure of the trip.
1. Paris (6 days, 5 nights)
2. Lyon (3 days, 2 nights)
3. Unplanned (4 days, 3 nights)
4. Paris (3 days, 2 nights)
I would enjoy good food, culture and museums, and a little shopping. I don't plan on renting a car and plan to primarily use the train for travel between places.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 2 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 3 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 4 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 5 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 6 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 7 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 8 T Mobile Does it Again
- 9 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 10 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 11 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 12 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 13 Seville Itinerary
- 14 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 15 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 16 Dolomites October 14-18
- 17 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 18 Italy by car
- 19 Florence 2 weeks
- 20 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 21 Santorini
- 22 One in Paris ... help
- 23 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 24 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 25 Which order should I travel