I (along with two other family members) will be taking our first trip to Europe, and visiting France. We have already booked our airline tickets, nonstop on United, departing from SFO on Dec. 17th (arriving at 10:00 am Dec 18th at CDG) and returning on Dec 31.I have spent a great deal of time on what we will do in Paris, so no help needed there but the problem lies elsewhere... I am having a lot of trouble deciding where else to go (really wanted to visit the alps, but extremely from christmas to new years). I want to visit Lyon, as it is a food capital and very historic. I also considered Strasbourg (Christmas Market could be fun), Dijon and the Riviera (Nice, Cannes, Monaco, etc). Also, I want to spend the last two days back in Paris. Below is a preliminary structure of the trip.
1. Paris (6 days, 5 nights)
2. Lyon (3 days, 2 nights)
3. Unplanned (4 days, 3 nights)
4. Paris (3 days, 2 nights)
I would enjoy good food, culture and museums, and a little shopping. I don't plan on renting a car and plan to primarily use the train for travel between places.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich itinerary review
- 2 My final Prague itinerary
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 5 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 6 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 7 weekend from cologne germany
- 8 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 9 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 10 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 11 3nights in Venice
- 12 multi city flights to europe
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 15 Earthquake near Naples
- 16 13 nights in switzerland
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 20 Football Tickets - Athens
- 21 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 22 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Positano or Sorrento?
- 25 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi