I and my wife (both 28) have planned to take a trip in some European Cities.
We are gonna start from Brussels which we don't want to stay but to rent a VW golf MK6 from Europcar and immediately leave to Paris on October 3rd morning. we will be there until 5th which we plan to go to Luxembourg city, I'm not sure to stay for a night or two at Lux (thinking about Vianden too) and then head toward Heidelberg, again not sure about a 1-day-stay or 2 and then go to Düsseldorf; stay there for the remaining days and come back to Brussels at 10th to drop the car and have a flight to Istanbul for 3 days.
So dear friends please let me have your ideas and experiences about what we can do the best in these places and the time we should spend in each city except Paris which is a scheduled-3day-trip. Any places to see, bars restaurants... are appreciated.
If you know only about a city or a place that's fine too.
Also some specific questions:
1- How hard will be driving in European highways? I'm not interested to drive in the cities so I'll park the car while we are in the cities and use the public transpositions but still driving in the highways, borders, city entries to the parking and also finding a suitable parking frightens me.
2- what will be the weather like from Oct 3rd to 10th in this places?
3-does Frankfurt need to be seen while heading toward Düsseldorf?
I promise to send the best response a beautiful postal card!!
Paris, Lux, Heidelberg, Dusseldorf or Let's be good and share your ideas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 2 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 3 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 4 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 5 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 8 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 9 Paris November 2014
- 10 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 11 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 12 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 13 Traveling in France by train
- 14 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 15 Arc de Triumph Question
- 16 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 17 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 18 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 21 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 22 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 23 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 24 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?