I and my wife (both 28) have planned to take a trip in some European Cities.
We are gonna start from Brussels which we don't want to stay but to rent a VW golf MK6 from Europcar and immediately leave to Paris on October 3rd morning. we will be there until 5th which we plan to go to Luxembourg city, I'm not sure to stay for a night or two at Lux (thinking about Vianden too) and then head toward Heidelberg, again not sure about a 1-day-stay or 2 and then go to Düsseldorf; stay there for the remaining days and come back to Brussels at 10th to drop the car and have a flight to Istanbul for 3 days.
So dear friends please let me have your ideas and experiences about what we can do the best in these places and the time we should spend in each city except Paris which is a scheduled-3day-trip. Any places to see, bars restaurants... are appreciated.
If you know only about a city or a place that's fine too.
Also some specific questions:
1- How hard will be driving in European highways? I'm not interested to drive in the cities so I'll park the car while we are in the cities and use the public transpositions but still driving in the highways, borders, city entries to the parking and also finding a suitable parking frightens me.
2- what will be the weather like from Oct 3rd to 10th in this places?
3-does Frankfurt need to be seen while heading toward Düsseldorf?
I promise to send the best response a beautiful postal card!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a European Trip
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 4 Ireland travel passport question
- 5 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 6 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 9 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 12 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 13 restaurants in Marais district
- 14 Norway Itinerary
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 17 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 18 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 19 Springtime Adventure in Europe
- 20 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 21 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 22 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 23 train or plane
- 24 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 25 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
Paris, Lux, Heidelberg, Dusseldorf or Let's be good and share your ideas