"One of the world's most visited museums, the Louvre in Paris, did not open on Wednesday (April 10, 2013) because of a protest by staff over pickpockets.
"Officials have been unable to say when the museum will reopen."
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days in Europe starting and ending in Amsterdam
- 2 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 3 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 4 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 5 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 6 French immersion courses in France
- 7 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 8 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 9 Paris---baguette question???
- 10 Europe in late January
- 11 Berlin
- 12 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 13 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 14 Where to stay in London?
- 15 What type of visa is right for me?
- 16 Visiting Spain in January
- 17 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 18 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 19 Loving Lisbon
- 20 Booking hotels before trains
- 21 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 22 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 23 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 24 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 25 RHK's Fall escape
Paris Louvre shuts as staff strike over pickpockets (April 2013)