"One of the world's most visited museums, the Louvre in Paris, did not open on Wednesday (April 10, 2013) because of a protest by staff over pickpockets.
"Officials have been unable to say when the museum will reopen."
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 4 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 5 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 6 Vacation
- 7 Walking itinerary in England?
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 10 Dog friendly hotels
- 11 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 12 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 13 Cambridge in May
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Self drive tour companies
- 18 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 19 Madrid/Lisbon
- 20 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 23 Day trips around Vienna
- 24 Greek fuel cost
- 25 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
Paris Louvre shuts as staff strike over pickpockets (April 2013)