Hello traveling friends,
I am going to Europe next summer for 16 days (this includes travel time). I was just wondering if my tentative itinerary here is feasible. Of course, I would love to spend more than just a few days in each city, but since it is my first time going to Europe - I would like to see as much as possible without completely exhausting myself. I will be taking advantage of the Iceland stopover program, just to see the Blue Lagoon for a day on my return to New York.
Day 1 - New York to Paris
Day 2 - Arrive in Paris (CDG) at noon, rest
Day 3 - Paris
Day 4 - Paris
Day 5 - Paris
Day 6 - Paris
Day 7 - Flight to Rome, rest
Day 8 - Rome
Day 9 - Rome
Day 10 - Rome
Day 11 - Rome
Day 12 - Flight to London (LHR)
Day 13 - London
Day 14 - London
Day 15 - Flight to Iceland (arriving at 3pm Iceland time)
Day 16 - Blue Lagoon (depart back to NYC at 5pm)
I am hoping for suggestions regarding specific neighborhoods/locations as to where I should book my accommodations. What are some must-sees/must-do's in each country? How much should I expect to spend per day? Roughly how much are the cabs from the airport?
I am open to any advice/tips at all.
Thanks so much in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 2 hill of crosses
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 Planning A trip
- 5 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 6 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 7 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 8 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 12 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 15 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 16 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 17 Italy June 6-16
- 18 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 19 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 20 Austria Trip Report
- 21 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 22 Driving through Paris
- 23 Northern Ireland ideas
- 24 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help
Paris, London, Rome, and Iceland - advice & suggestions appreciated!
Hello traveling friends,