My husband and I ages 27 & 31 are going on a trip to Europe May 2013 for our anniversary. We have a tight budget and only have May 24-June 1 to travel including our flights from Miami. Just to give you a glimpse of what we are like: we like to party, we like romantic atmospheres, we love to eat and drink, love to talk and meet new young professionals like ourselves, not very outdoorsy, prefer middle of the road approaches not 2 star not 5 star but sometimes we do indulge in a little luxury. However Europe is so expensive this probably won't be one of those times.
The options we are considering for our trips are below.
Railbookers - Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam
European Destinations - Paris, Amsterdam and London
Gate 1 - Paris, Amsterdam and London
My questions to you all are:
a) Are we going to be burned out and unsatisfied trying to go to 3 destinations in such a short amount of time?
b) Which location do you recommend we omit?
c) Have you had a good/bad experiences with any of the companies above?
d) Is it more pleasant going on your own vs a tour group? Are the convinces of a tour company worth it in your experience?
Any other tips for an authentic trip but highlights the touristy things and /or tips on how to be budget conscious and still have a good time.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 3 Train help for Prague
- 4 Germany train help!
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 9 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 10 Acropolis Athens
- 11 Interesting places to visit
- 12 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 13 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 16 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 17 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 18 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 19 Swiss Travel Pass
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 22 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 23 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Not a good time to fly into LGW