My husband and I ages 27 & 31 are going on a trip to Europe May 2013 for our anniversary. We have a tight budget and only have May 24-June 1 to travel including our flights from Miami. Just to give you a glimpse of what we are like: we like to party, we like romantic atmospheres, we love to eat and drink, love to talk and meet new young professionals like ourselves, not very outdoorsy, prefer middle of the road approaches not 2 star not 5 star but sometimes we do indulge in a little luxury. However Europe is so expensive this probably won't be one of those times.
The options we are considering for our trips are below.
Railbookers - Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam
European Destinations - Paris, Amsterdam and London
Gate 1 - Paris, Amsterdam and London
My questions to you all are:
a) Are we going to be burned out and unsatisfied trying to go to 3 destinations in such a short amount of time?
b) Which location do you recommend we omit?
c) Have you had a good/bad experiences with any of the companies above?
d) Is it more pleasant going on your own vs a tour group? Are the convinces of a tour company worth it in your experience?
Any other tips for an authentic trip but highlights the touristy things and /or tips on how to be budget conscious and still have a good time.
Thanks in advance!
Paris, London and Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 2 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 3 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 4 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 5 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 6 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 7 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 8 Estonia Amber
- 9 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 10 Tight Planning?
- 11 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 12 What are the best places to see in England
- 13 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 14 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 15 Travel with Teens
- 16 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 17 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 18 One week in Venice - trips
- 19 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 20 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 21 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 22 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 23 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 24 UK for 12 days !
- 25 Italy