My husband and I ages 27 & 31 are going on a trip to Europe May 2013 for our anniversary. We have a tight budget and only have May 24-June 1 to travel including our flights from Miami. Just to give you a glimpse of what we are like: we like to party, we like romantic atmospheres, we love to eat and drink, love to talk and meet new young professionals like ourselves, not very outdoorsy, prefer middle of the road approaches not 2 star not 5 star but sometimes we do indulge in a little luxury. However Europe is so expensive this probably won't be one of those times.
The options we are considering for our trips are below.
Railbookers - Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam
European Destinations - Paris, Amsterdam and London
Gate 1 - Paris, Amsterdam and London
My questions to you all are:
a) Are we going to be burned out and unsatisfied trying to go to 3 destinations in such a short amount of time?
b) Which location do you recommend we omit?
c) Have you had a good/bad experiences with any of the companies above?
d) Is it more pleasant going on your own vs a tour group? Are the convinces of a tour company worth it in your experience?
Any other tips for an authentic trip but highlights the touristy things and /or tips on how to be budget conscious and still have a good time.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 2 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 3 Shopping in Paris
- 4 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 5 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 6 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 7 10 nights in France
- 8 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 9 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 10 Best Italian beach with teens
- 11 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 12 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 13 Parc Clichy-Batignolles - Martin Luther King, Tours?
- 14 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 15 Where to stop along the way
- 16 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 17 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 18 Suggestions for our Itinerary for June in Italy
- 19 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 20 planning confusion
- 21 best shopping deals in paris and italy?
- 22 Scotland Highlands
- 23 Relaxing destinations?
- 24 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 25 3 Wake-up calls