My husband and I ages 27 & 31 are going on a trip to Europe May 2013 for our anniversary. We have a tight budget and only have May 24-June 1 to travel including our flights from Miami. Just to give you a glimpse of what we are like: we like to party, we like romantic atmospheres, we love to eat and drink, love to talk and meet new young professionals like ourselves, not very outdoorsy, prefer middle of the road approaches not 2 star not 5 star but sometimes we do indulge in a little luxury. However Europe is so expensive this probably won't be one of those times.
The options we are considering for our trips are below.
Railbookers - Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam
European Destinations - Paris, Amsterdam and London
Gate 1 - Paris, Amsterdam and London
My questions to you all are:
a) Are we going to be burned out and unsatisfied trying to go to 3 destinations in such a short amount of time?
b) Which location do you recommend we omit?
c) Have you had a good/bad experiences with any of the companies above?
d) Is it more pleasant going on your own vs a tour group? Are the convinces of a tour company worth it in your experience?
Any other tips for an authentic trip but highlights the touristy things and /or tips on how to be budget conscious and still have a good time.
Thanks in advance!
Paris, London and Amsterdam
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds village base
- 2 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 3 Passport Delays
- 4 Secure parking in Tarifa, Spain
- 5 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 6 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 7 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 8 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 9 Portugal end of August - Barcelos - clothing?
- 10 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 11 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 12 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 13 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 14 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 15 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 16 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 17 Netherlands Delta Works
- 18 Southern Italy without a Car
- 19 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 20 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 21 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 22 Hotel in Rome?
- 23 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 24 Visit to Bath and London england
- 25 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!