My husband and I ages 27 & 31 are going on a trip to Europe May 2013 for our anniversary. We have a tight budget and only have May 24-June 1 to travel including our flights from Miami. Just to give you a glimpse of what we are like: we like to party, we like romantic atmospheres, we love to eat and drink, love to talk and meet new young professionals like ourselves, not very outdoorsy, prefer middle of the road approaches not 2 star not 5 star but sometimes we do indulge in a little luxury. However Europe is so expensive this probably won't be one of those times.
The options we are considering for our trips are below.
Railbookers - Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam
European Destinations - Paris, Amsterdam and London
Gate 1 - Paris, Amsterdam and London
My questions to you all are:
a) Are we going to be burned out and unsatisfied trying to go to 3 destinations in such a short amount of time?
b) Which location do you recommend we omit?
c) Have you had a good/bad experiences with any of the companies above?
d) Is it more pleasant going on your own vs a tour group? Are the convinces of a tour company worth it in your experience?
Any other tips for an authentic trip but highlights the touristy things and /or tips on how to be budget conscious and still have a good time.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 2 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 3 What to take to Germany
- 4 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 5 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 6 Riga / Vecaki from a birds Eye
- 7 Paris Under Seige...
- 8 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 9 Scotland Trip
- 10 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 11 Advices about our itiniary
- 12 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 13 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 14 4 week trip Turkey
- 15 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 16 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 17 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 18 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 19 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 20 Private transportation
- 21 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 22 Suggestions for travel
- 23 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 24 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 25 Holiday in Austria