My husband and I ages 27 & 31 are going on a trip to Europe May 2013 for our anniversary. We have a tight budget and only have May 24-June 1 to travel including our flights from Miami. Just to give you a glimpse of what we are like: we like to party, we like romantic atmospheres, we love to eat and drink, love to talk and meet new young professionals like ourselves, not very outdoorsy, prefer middle of the road approaches not 2 star not 5 star but sometimes we do indulge in a little luxury. However Europe is so expensive this probably won't be one of those times.
The options we are considering for our trips are below.
Railbookers - Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam
European Destinations - Paris, Amsterdam and London
Gate 1 - Paris, Amsterdam and London
My questions to you all are:
a) Are we going to be burned out and unsatisfied trying to go to 3 destinations in such a short amount of time?
b) Which location do you recommend we omit?
c) Have you had a good/bad experiences with any of the companies above?
d) Is it more pleasant going on your own vs a tour group? Are the convinces of a tour company worth it in your experience?
Any other tips for an authentic trip but highlights the touristy things and /or tips on how to be budget conscious and still have a good time.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Ferry Help
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 getting to CDG
- 5 Ireland hotel questions
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 9 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 10 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 11 Switzerland in November?
- 12 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 13 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 16 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 17 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 18 Barcelona cooking classes
- 19 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 22 4 days itinerary for France
- 23 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Help with Ferries in Croatia