My husband and I ages 27 & 31 are going on a trip to Europe May 2013 for our anniversary. We have a tight budget and only have May 24-June 1 to travel including our flights from Miami. Just to give you a glimpse of what we are like: we like to party, we like romantic atmospheres, we love to eat and drink, love to talk and meet new young professionals like ourselves, not very outdoorsy, prefer middle of the road approaches not 2 star not 5 star but sometimes we do indulge in a little luxury. However Europe is so expensive this probably won't be one of those times.
The options we are considering for our trips are below.
Railbookers - Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam
European Destinations - Paris, Amsterdam and London
Gate 1 - Paris, Amsterdam and London
My questions to you all are:
a) Are we going to be burned out and unsatisfied trying to go to 3 destinations in such a short amount of time?
b) Which location do you recommend we omit?
c) Have you had a good/bad experiences with any of the companies above?
d) Is it more pleasant going on your own vs a tour group? Are the convinces of a tour company worth it in your experience?
Any other tips for an authentic trip but highlights the touristy things and /or tips on how to be budget conscious and still have a good time.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Charles Degaulle question
- 3 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 4 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 5 Renting a car in Florence
- 6 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 7 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 8 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 9 First time in Italy
- 10 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 11 Austria
- 12 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 13 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 14 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 15 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 16 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 17 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 18 Pompeii luggage storage
- 19 Train Help
- 20 Train rides
- 21 12 days in Austria
- 22 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 23 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 24 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 25 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?