We are planning to spend a night or two in Amboise, Loire Valley after staying in Paris and before goint to Provence. My question is that, should we take TGV to Loire Valley and rent a car there, and drop it off before we head over to Avignon via TGV train; or, should we rent a car while still in Paris and drive to Loire Valley and drop the car off there before taking a TGV train to Avignon? Any better way? If it helps, we are interested in seeing Chambord and Chenonceau chateaus.
We would appreciate any suggestions.
P.S. We will carry 2 full size suitcases as well as carry-on bags. Will it be very hard getting in-out of trains and finding storage on trains? If taking train is very inconvenient, we can also keep the car and drive to Avignon.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 2 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 3 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Algarve - is it for me?
- 6 TIM in FCO - update
- 7 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Itinery help Crete
- 10 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 11 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 12 16 days in France and Italy
- 13 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 14 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 16 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 17 Madrid food advice needed
- 18 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 19 Iceland trip report!
- 20 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 21 Paris for children
- 22 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 23 Naples + Walking Tour
- 24 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 25 Need hotel in Athens