We are planning to spend a night or two in Amboise, Loire Valley after staying in Paris and before goint to Provence. My question is that, should we take TGV to Loire Valley and rent a car there, and drop it off before we head over to Avignon via TGV train; or, should we rent a car while still in Paris and drive to Loire Valley and drop the car off there before taking a TGV train to Avignon? Any better way? If it helps, we are interested in seeing Chambord and Chenonceau chateaus.
We would appreciate any suggestions.
P.S. We will carry 2 full size suitcases as well as carry-on bags. Will it be very hard getting in-out of trains and finding storage on trains? If taking train is very inconvenient, we can also keep the car and drive to Avignon.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 Purchasing iDTGV tickets at the station
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Acropolis Athens
- 8 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 9 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 10 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 13 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 14 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 15 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 16 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 17 We're here!
- 18 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 19 Trip Ideas
- 20 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 21 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 22 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 25 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June