We are planning to spend a night or two in Amboise, Loire Valley after staying in Paris and before goint to Provence. My question is that, should we take TGV to Loire Valley and rent a car there, and drop it off before we head over to Avignon via TGV train; or, should we rent a car while still in Paris and drive to Loire Valley and drop the car off there before taking a TGV train to Avignon? Any better way? If it helps, we are interested in seeing Chambord and Chenonceau chateaus.
We would appreciate any suggestions.
P.S. We will carry 2 full size suitcases as well as carry-on bags. Will it be very hard getting in-out of trains and finding storage on trains? If taking train is very inconvenient, we can also keep the car and drive to Avignon.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 2 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 3 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 4 3nights in Venice
- 5 Paris in November
- 6 My 3 days in Venice
- 7 multi city flights to europe
- 8 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 9 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 10 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 11 One week in Europe
- 12 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 13 London Theater
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 16 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 17 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 My final Prague itinerary
- 20 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 21 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 24 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 25 Car Rentals in Avignon