I will have a stop over in Paris in the week of January 7th next year. I could use this opportunity to stay in Paris for a couple of days. Or I could just spend a night near the airport to rest and catch my next flight the next day.
I have been wondering if it would be worth it to go out in the city that time of the year considering the weather. Does the transporation service between the city to the airport operates normally in case of snow (assuming there is no severe snowstorm of course when all bets are off).
If it were mid or late December, then I could have enjoyed the Xmas lights and festivities. In January, however, I am afraid I might find a dull, empty city.
On other hand, I might find a great deal at a great hotel and afford myself a bit of Parisian luxury
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 2 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 3 Prague
- 4 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 5 Sundays in Puglia
- 6 2 Months in Sicily
- 7 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 8 What tips can you give about packing?
- 9 Sim Card Options
- 10 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 11 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 12 Azores
- 13 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 14 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 15 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 16 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 17 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 22 Scotland in 7 Days
- 23 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 24 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 25 Climbing Ben Nevis in June