I celebrated my 10 year wedding anniversary in Paris last year. I had a great time overall, but I left Paris wondering what all the fuss was about. I think that maybe the first time we spent too much time seeing "The must see sites", and not enough time just walking around, seeing the neighborhoods, markets, etc. It probably didn't help that I witnessed a mugging on the subway, and that my family and I were yelled and cursed at during a 10 minute subway ride. That all being said, I'm giving Paris another try. I've spent about the last two days on this board just researching hotels, and I think I would like to stay in the 6th. I have a lot of emails currently sent, requesting availability, but any additional suggestions are welcomed. I need two rooms, or an apartment (Me, hubby, mother-in-law, 2 year old son). So far the Muguet has availability, awaiting other replies. Also any comments on other things to do besides the usual are welcomed. Going in August, Wish me luck.
Paris, I'm going to give it a 2nd chance.
- 1 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 2 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 3 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 4 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 5 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 6 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 7 Last monte Paris apartment
- 8 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 9 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 10 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 11 jungfraujoch mid june
- 12 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 13 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 14 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 15 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 16 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 17 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 18 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 19 San Lorenzo Market
- 20 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 21 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 22 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 23 Trip in June to andulusia and algrave portugal
- 24 Cuenca or Toledo
- 25 Nice