We are looking for a hotel in Paris that is modern, a bit of luxury, budget 300-400 Euros, for the second week of July. We like a suite (king bed w sofa/sitting area).
There are literally hundreds of hotels in Paris, it is overwelming. I am narrowing it down to two areas, Rue Cler and Trocadero.
What do you all think of the Trocardero area? Are there nice restaurants there? A neighborhood/local feel?
We dont plan to do anything too touristy, as we have been twice before and this time we will have our little boy (age 4) with us, except for the Eiffel Tower and Luxembourg Gardens. We would like easy access to fine restaurants and open air markets.
Hotels we like are like the Pullman, but read somewhere here that the area is not very centralized and nothing else but the ET.
Thanks for all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 2 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 3 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 16 days in France and Italy
- 6 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 7 TIM in FCO - update
- 8 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 12 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 13 Madrid food advice needed
- 14 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 15 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 16 Iceland trip report!
- 17 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 20 Naples + Walking Tour
- 21 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 22 Need hotel in Athens
- 23 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 24 Avoid Europcar!
- 25 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?