We are looking for a hotel in Paris that is modern, a bit of luxury, budget 300-400 Euros, for the second week of July. We like a suite (king bed w sofa/sitting area).
There are literally hundreds of hotels in Paris, it is overwelming. I am narrowing it down to two areas, Rue Cler and Trocadero.
What do you all think of the Trocardero area? Are there nice restaurants there? A neighborhood/local feel?
We dont plan to do anything too touristy, as we have been twice before and this time we will have our little boy (age 4) with us, except for the Eiffel Tower and Luxembourg Gardens. We would like easy access to fine restaurants and open air markets.
Hotels we like are like the Pullman, but read somewhere here that the area is not very centralized and nothing else but the ET.
Thanks for all suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 2 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 3 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 4 Another tipping question: concierges
- 5 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 6 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 9 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 10 Interesting places to visit
- 11 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 12 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 15 Acropolis Athens
- 16 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 17 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 20 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 21 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 22 Trip Ideas
- 23 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 24 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 25 Madrid and Granada in Jan