Hi all -
I sought the advice of the Carbibbean forum and received wonderful advice... our trip was amazing. So I am seeking out the help of you knowledgable folks once again.
My husband and I will be celebrating my 40th birthday in Paris October 21 - 25th of this year. We've booked our tickets! Now, I need a hotel.
It's been years since I've been to Paris and I'm excited to go back and drink in the city as an adult --with an appreciation for everything I didn't appreciate as a backpacking college student.
We will be away from our 2 children (which is rare) so we're looking to splurge a little in the right places.
I don't have a good sense of the best place to park ourselves but I would like to be walking distance from a few sights (none in particular although I can't wait to see Le Tour Eiffel at night), restaurants for breakfast and dinner as well as boutiques. We will not be renting a car, we will take trains and taxis if we need to go a distance. Would like to avoid anything too touristy. I'm hoping to spend $250.00/night if possible maybe a little more for something special. I prefer classic and elegant to trendy and modern. Small rooms are no big deal (we live in NYC), a view or balcony would be the cherry on the sundae.
All ideas welcome!
Thanks in advance for your sage wisdom
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 2 cheap food in london
- 3 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 4 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 5 Eating Indian In London
- 6 Sundays in Puglia
- 7 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 8 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 9 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 10 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 11 K-Day
- 12 ATM at airport
- 13 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 Flat in London
- 16 Lay over time
- 17 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 18 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 19 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 23 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 24 Spain in December
- 25 Italy Honeymoon in September
Hi all -