Hi all -
I sought the advice of the Carbibbean forum and received wonderful advice... our trip was amazing. So I am seeking out the help of you knowledgable folks once again.
My husband and I will be celebrating my 40th birthday in Paris October 21 - 25th of this year. We've booked our tickets! Now, I need a hotel.
It's been years since I've been to Paris and I'm excited to go back and drink in the city as an adult --with an appreciation for everything I didn't appreciate as a backpacking college student.
We will be away from our 2 children (which is rare) so we're looking to splurge a little in the right places.
I don't have a good sense of the best place to park ourselves but I would like to be walking distance from a few sights (none in particular although I can't wait to see Le Tour Eiffel at night), restaurants for breakfast and dinner as well as boutiques. We will not be renting a car, we will take trains and taxis if we need to go a distance. Would like to avoid anything too touristy. I'm hoping to spend $250.00/night if possible maybe a little more for something special. I prefer classic and elegant to trendy and modern. Small rooms are no big deal (we live in NYC), a view or balcony would be the cherry on the sundae.
All ideas welcome!
Thanks in advance for your sage wisdom
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 2 Killarney
- 3 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 4 Romania - Good destination for 2017
- 5 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 6 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 7 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 8 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 10 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 11 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 12 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 13 Germany family road trip help!
- 14 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 15 Santorini lodging
- 16 Barcelona
- 17 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 18 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 19 Prague
- 20 Ischia
- 21 No Periods in British Written English!
- 22 Spain and South of France
- 23 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 24 Overnight at Heathrow
- 25 France, UK and Ireland
Hi all -