Hi all -
I sought the advice of the Carbibbean forum and received wonderful advice... our trip was amazing. So I am seeking out the help of you knowledgable folks once again.
My husband and I will be celebrating my 40th birthday in Paris October 21 - 25th of this year. We've booked our tickets! Now, I need a hotel.
It's been years since I've been to Paris and I'm excited to go back and drink in the city as an adult --with an appreciation for everything I didn't appreciate as a backpacking college student.
We will be away from our 2 children (which is rare) so we're looking to splurge a little in the right places.
I don't have a good sense of the best place to park ourselves but I would like to be walking distance from a few sights (none in particular although I can't wait to see Le Tour Eiffel at night), restaurants for breakfast and dinner as well as boutiques. We will not be renting a car, we will take trains and taxis if we need to go a distance. Would like to avoid anything too touristy. I'm hoping to spend $250.00/night if possible maybe a little more for something special. I prefer classic and elegant to trendy and modern. Small rooms are no big deal (we live in NYC), a view or balcony would be the cherry on the sundae.
All ideas welcome!
Thanks in advance for your sage wisdom
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five night Ireland Trip
- 2 Old European currency
- 3 Brugge hotel help
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Paris hotels
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 London Hotels
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 13 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 14 Amsterdam hotels
- 15 1 month in Europe
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 19 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 20 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 21 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 22 Denmark or Sweden?
- 23 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 24 Back from Paris
- 25 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
Hi all -