Hi all -
I sought the advice of the Carbibbean forum and received wonderful advice... our trip was amazing. So I am seeking out the help of you knowledgable folks once again.
My husband and I will be celebrating my 40th birthday in Paris October 21 - 25th of this year. We've booked our tickets! Now, I need a hotel.
It's been years since I've been to Paris and I'm excited to go back and drink in the city as an adult --with an appreciation for everything I didn't appreciate as a backpacking college student.
We will be away from our 2 children (which is rare) so we're looking to splurge a little in the right places.
I don't have a good sense of the best place to park ourselves but I would like to be walking distance from a few sights (none in particular although I can't wait to see Le Tour Eiffel at night), restaurants for breakfast and dinner as well as boutiques. We will not be renting a car, we will take trains and taxis if we need to go a distance. Would like to avoid anything too touristy. I'm hoping to spend $250.00/night if possible maybe a little more for something special. I prefer classic and elegant to trendy and modern. Small rooms are no big deal (we live in NYC), a view or balcony would be the cherry on the sundae.
All ideas welcome!
Thanks in advance for your sage wisdom
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 4 Tracking the Weather
- 5 Italy travel plan help
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 8 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 9 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 10 Alsace to Austria?
- 11 road trip through scotland
- 12 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 13 Wales
- 14 Best Neck Pillow
- 15 barcelona neighborhood
- 16 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 17 Tieks for travel
- 18 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 19 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 20 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 21 Where to eat in Rome?
- 22 Thinking about the Fjords
- 23 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 24 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 25 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
Hi all -