Another trip to Paris, after a gap of about 4 years. Prefer to keep my hotel rate under 150 e per night for a double room (single use), but that's proving a challenge. 3 star minimum. Elevator a must and I don't mind simple but I do not want shabby or gloomy. My previous favorite, the Delavigne in the 6th, was spiffy and new last time I stayed, but now I'm reading online comments that sound like it's overdue for a re-do. The hotel le Regent, on rue Dauphine, a location I love, is quoting a minumum of 160 e per night. Hotels that have been recommended to me include the Clement and the Grands Hommes (the latter is about the same price as le Regent). I just found online the Design de la Sorbonne, in the 5th. Good reviews on TA. Just wondering if anyone here knows the Clement or de la Sorbonne (or another gem) from recent experience.
Paris hotels Clement, Design de la Sorbonne, or...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 2 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 3 staying a month or so in each place
- 4 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 5 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 6 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 7 Spending money in Italy?
- 8 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 9 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 10 nice, affordable hotel in Ljubljana
- 11 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 12 3 weeks in Europe
- 13 Turin To Toulon late Aug/Early Sept
- 14 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 15 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 16 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 17 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 18 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 19 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 20 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 21 10 days in England
- 22 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 23 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 24 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 25 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take