Another trip to Paris, after a gap of about 4 years. Prefer to keep my hotel rate under 150 e per night for a double room (single use), but that's proving a challenge. 3 star minimum. Elevator a must and I don't mind simple but I do not want shabby or gloomy. My previous favorite, the Delavigne in the 6th, was spiffy and new last time I stayed, but now I'm reading online comments that sound like it's overdue for a re-do. The hotel le Regent, on rue Dauphine, a location I love, is quoting a minumum of 160 e per night. Hotels that have been recommended to me include the Clement and the Grands Hommes (the latter is about the same price as le Regent). I just found online the Design de la Sorbonne, in the 5th. Good reviews on TA. Just wondering if anyone here knows the Clement or de la Sorbonne (or another gem) from recent experience.
Paris hotels Clement, Design de la Sorbonne, or...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 2 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 Autumn in Paris
- 5 First Time to UK since 2001
- 6 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 7 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 8 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 9 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 10 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 13 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 14 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 15 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 16 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 17 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 18 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 19 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 20 NCAA Pigskin Week Six ? Picks?
- 21 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 22 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 23 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 24 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia