Another trip to Paris, after a gap of about 4 years. Prefer to keep my hotel rate under 150 e per night for a double room (single use), but that's proving a challenge. 3 star minimum. Elevator a must and I don't mind simple but I do not want shabby or gloomy. My previous favorite, the Delavigne in the 6th, was spiffy and new last time I stayed, but now I'm reading online comments that sound like it's overdue for a re-do. The hotel le Regent, on rue Dauphine, a location I love, is quoting a minumum of 160 e per night. Hotels that have been recommended to me include the Clement and the Grands Hommes (the latter is about the same price as le Regent). I just found online the Design de la Sorbonne, in the 5th. Good reviews on TA. Just wondering if anyone here knows the Clement or de la Sorbonne (or another gem) from recent experience.
Paris hotels Clement, Design de la Sorbonne, or...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 countries in a month
- 2 Venice; recommendations
- 3 Museum Pass
- 4 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 5 48 hours to departure for Switzerland...questions on Swiss Pass
- 6 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 7 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 8 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 9 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 10 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 11 France in October
- 12 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day
- 13 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 14 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 15 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 16 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 19 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 20 Tipping in the UK
- 21 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 22 14 Days Dec Trip to Switzerland (or???)
- 23 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 24 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 25 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?