Another trip to Paris, after a gap of about 4 years. Prefer to keep my hotel rate under 150 e per night for a double room (single use), but that's proving a challenge. 3 star minimum. Elevator a must and I don't mind simple but I do not want shabby or gloomy. My previous favorite, the Delavigne in the 6th, was spiffy and new last time I stayed, but now I'm reading online comments that sound like it's overdue for a re-do. The hotel le Regent, on rue Dauphine, a location I love, is quoting a minumum of 160 e per night. Hotels that have been recommended to me include the Clement and the Grands Hommes (the latter is about the same price as le Regent). I just found online the Design de la Sorbonne, in the 5th. Good reviews on TA. Just wondering if anyone here knows the Clement or de la Sorbonne (or another gem) from recent experience.
Paris hotels Clement, Design de la Sorbonne, or...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 2 Tipping in Greece
- 3 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 4 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 5 American electrical gadgets
- 6 Honeymooning in Europe
- 7 two weeks 8/4 and 8/11
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Traveling in France by train
- 10 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 11 flea markets in France
- 12 Monet in Normandy
- 13 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 14 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 15 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 16 Piri-Piri, Pastel de Nata and Port…Perfectly Portugal
- 17 London neighborhood suggestions
- 18 seven days in Portugal
- 19 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 20 Eating in France-two new books
- 21 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 22 Spain tips beyond safety
- 23 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 24 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 25 I need a haircut