Another trip to Paris, after a gap of about 4 years. Prefer to keep my hotel rate under 150 e per night for a double room (single use), but that's proving a challenge. 3 star minimum. Elevator a must and I don't mind simple but I do not want shabby or gloomy. My previous favorite, the Delavigne in the 6th, was spiffy and new last time I stayed, but now I'm reading online comments that sound like it's overdue for a re-do. The hotel le Regent, on rue Dauphine, a location I love, is quoting a minumum of 160 e per night. Hotels that have been recommended to me include the Clement and the Grands Hommes (the latter is about the same price as le Regent). I just found online the Design de la Sorbonne, in the 5th. Good reviews on TA. Just wondering if anyone here knows the Clement or de la Sorbonne (or another gem) from recent experience.
Paris hotels Clement, Design de la Sorbonne, or...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 2 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 3 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 4 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 5 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 8 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 9 Story of the German Christmas star
- 10 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 11 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 12 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 Help with European vacation plan
- 15 Three ferries to Mull
- 16 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 17 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 18 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 19 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 20 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 21 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 22 American Express
- 23 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 24 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 25 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano