Hikrguy and I are going for a much-awaited week in Paris in mid-October. His first time, and I haven't been since 1986, so we are excited. The plan for the trip is walk and eat and walk and eat and sit in a park and eat. You get the idea. One thing we have been talking about is doing an informal cheese tasting at a fromagerie.
Those who are familiar with Paris and fromageries can you suggest a small-ish, non-frenetic shop where we could bumble along in baby French and taste-- and buy of course! -- some lovely cheeses?
We live just outside of NYC so we are very familiar with using public transportation; lovely shop/friendly employees more important than somewhere we can get to in 7 minutes from our hotel.
--- and before you ask, "where is your hotel? how can we tell you where to go?": we are staying in the Bastille/Marais Citadines (don't ask me exactly where, life is so hectic right now and I know we have a room so it doesn't matter the location right this second ....)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Traveling in Belgium
- 3 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 4 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 5 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 6 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 7 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 9 Appenzell in December?
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 12 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 15 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 16 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 17 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 18 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 19 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 20 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 21 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 22 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 23 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 24 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 25 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO