Hikrguy and I are going for a much-awaited week in Paris in mid-October. His first time, and I haven't been since 1986, so we are excited. The plan for the trip is walk and eat and walk and eat and sit in a park and eat. You get the idea. One thing we have been talking about is doing an informal cheese tasting at a fromagerie.
Those who are familiar with Paris and fromageries can you suggest a small-ish, non-frenetic shop where we could bumble along in baby French and taste-- and buy of course! -- some lovely cheeses?
We live just outside of NYC so we are very familiar with using public transportation; lovely shop/friendly employees more important than somewhere we can get to in 7 minutes from our hotel.
--- and before you ask, "where is your hotel? how can we tell you where to go?": we are staying in the Bastille/Marais Citadines (don't ask me exactly where, life is so hectic right now and I know we have a room so it doesn't matter the location right this second ....)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 Bremerhaven and environs
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Spain in July
- 9 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 10 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 11 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 12 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 13 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 14 5 Days in Switzerland
- 15 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 16 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 17 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 18 International Flight Question
- 19 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 20 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 21 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris