Hikrguy and I are going for a much-awaited week in Paris in mid-October. His first time, and I haven't been since 1986, so we are excited. The plan for the trip is walk and eat and walk and eat and sit in a park and eat. You get the idea. One thing we have been talking about is doing an informal cheese tasting at a fromagerie.
Those who are familiar with Paris and fromageries can you suggest a small-ish, non-frenetic shop where we could bumble along in baby French and taste-- and buy of course! -- some lovely cheeses?
We live just outside of NYC so we are very familiar with using public transportation; lovely shop/friendly employees more important than somewhere we can get to in 7 minutes from our hotel.
--- and before you ask, "where is your hotel? how can we tell you where to go?": we are staying in the Bastille/Marais Citadines (don't ask me exactly where, life is so hectic right now and I know we have a room so it doesn't matter the location right this second ....)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 4 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 5 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 8 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 9 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 10 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 11 Berlin, Nice and London
- 12 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 13 Venice
- 14 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 15 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 16 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 17 charming cities in Spain
- 18 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 19 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 20 Day in Madrid
- 21 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 22 Le Marche Research Help
- 23 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 24 Rental car in Menton
- 25 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich