Hikrguy and I are going for a much-awaited week in Paris in mid-October. His first time, and I haven't been since 1986, so we are excited. The plan for the trip is walk and eat and walk and eat and sit in a park and eat. You get the idea. One thing we have been talking about is doing an informal cheese tasting at a fromagerie.
Those who are familiar with Paris and fromageries can you suggest a small-ish, non-frenetic shop where we could bumble along in baby French and taste-- and buy of course! -- some lovely cheeses?
We live just outside of NYC so we are very familiar with using public transportation; lovely shop/friendly employees more important than somewhere we can get to in 7 minutes from our hotel.
--- and before you ask, "where is your hotel? how can we tell you where to go?": we are staying in the Bastille/Marais Citadines (don't ask me exactly where, life is so hectic right now and I know we have a room so it doesn't matter the location right this second ....)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 3 Athens Help
- 4 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 5 Berlin -clubs
- 6 Berlin
- 7 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 8 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 9 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 10 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 11 base in brussels
- 12 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 15 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 16 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 17 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Trains in Italy
- 22 Uber vs. TfL
- 23 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 24 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 25 Alitala