I am planning a trip this summer and am thinking of flying into Paris where I am planning on spending 4 full days, then renting a car and driving down to the south of france and spend some time touring the wineries in the following regions:
Champagne (if possible)
Alsace (if possible)
I would probably spend the night in Burgundy, then do Beuajolais and Rhone in one day. Then Spend the night in Rhone and drive early in the AM to Geneva (or drop the car off in Rhone and take a train/bus to Geneva).
Spend a couple of days in Geneva and then utilizing my remaining time touring the must sees in Switzerland before flying home...
I am aiming at 2 weeks to accomplish all of this - what do you think?
Paris, France - Switzerland Drive
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Going to Paris? Be yourself
- 2 4 Months in Europe
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 5 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 6 2 weeks in Spain
- 7 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 8 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 9 Wines charted by flavor
- 10 Museum Pass
- 11 Central Europe itinerary
- 12 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 13 Arriving in Prague
- 14 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 15 France in October
- 16 Day trips out of Florence?
- 17 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 18 Venice; recommendations
- 19 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 20 48 hours to departure for Switzerland...questions on Swiss Pass
- 21 7 countries in a month
- 22 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 23 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 24 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 25 A taste of Norway: Bergen and the fjords for four day