I am planning a trip this summer and am thinking of flying into Paris where I am planning on spending 4 full days, then renting a car and driving down to the south of france and spend some time touring the wineries in the following regions:
Champagne (if possible)
Alsace (if possible)
I would probably spend the night in Burgundy, then do Beuajolais and Rhone in one day. Then Spend the night in Rhone and drive early in the AM to Geneva (or drop the car off in Rhone and take a train/bus to Geneva).
Spend a couple of days in Geneva and then utilizing my remaining time touring the must sees in Switzerland before flying home...
I am aiming at 2 weeks to accomplish all of this - what do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 2 EMERGENCY: Husband stuck in France without Green Card to return to USA
- 3 Civray (Charente) in France worth visiting?
- 4 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 5 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 6 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 7 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 8 Brussels - the Netherlands day trip, where to go?
- 9 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 10 Spain in February or March
- 11 Exploring Tusany
- 12 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 13 Experienced Paris-philes: what neighborhood do you prefer to stay in?
- 14 Is this too much? 10 days in Italy
- 15 Train/Subway Questions
- 16 honeymoon in italy and croatia
- 17 Car and Driver in Italy
- 18 Rental car pick up (Venice) and drop off (Florence) question
- 19 Paris hotels
- 20 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 21 No cars/taxis in Paris...at all....9/27
- 22 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 23 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 24 what on earth have they done to the Search function??
- 25 Russia: Trip Report....mom & teenaged son (really long!)