I am planning a trip this summer and am thinking of flying into Paris where I am planning on spending 4 full days, then renting a car and driving down to the south of france and spend some time touring the wineries in the following regions:
Champagne (if possible)
Alsace (if possible)
I would probably spend the night in Burgundy, then do Beuajolais and Rhone in one day. Then Spend the night in Rhone and drive early in the AM to Geneva (or drop the car off in Rhone and take a train/bus to Geneva).
Spend a couple of days in Geneva and then utilizing my remaining time touring the must sees in Switzerland before flying home...
I am aiming at 2 weeks to accomplish all of this - what do you think?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Double bed or two beds?
- 2 Venice: Venice: Guided tour for Doge's Palace or Church?
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Istanbul
- 5 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 6 Fill 4 or 5 days for me please-Spain
- 7 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 8 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 9 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?
- 10 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 11 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 12 Day bike ride from Weissenkirchen to Melk
- 13 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 14 Amsterdam in August
- 15 My San Sebastian ideas
- 16 Santorini
- 17 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 18 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 19 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
- 20 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 21 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 22 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 23 Italy train strike - high speed trains?
- 24 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?
- 25 Access from Normandy American Cemetery to Beach No Longer Accessible