Hi all. I'm hoping my fellow Fodorites might help with this. I have a friend who will be spending 4 days in Paris this summer. His daughter has CP (she's an adult) and is in a motorized wheelchair. They have been advised to stay within the historical center, (1st). And his expectation is that they will be getting an overview of the city. He realizes the limitations but obviously would like to maximize their experience. There are 3 of them. They will need one room but I think the budget would allow for no more than $250 a night. Your thoughts on hotels and itineraries/things to do? Wheelchair friendly cafes? Tours for the Handicapped?
Paris for The Wheelchair Bound?
- 1 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 2 French Riviera and Italy 3 weeks - need itinerary help and suggestions
- 3 Planning my days in Paris
- 4 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 5 Portugal Trip 21-30 April 2013
- 6 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 7 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 8 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 9 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 10 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 11 Bank of England Museum
- 12 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 13 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Through Naples to Sorrento or Pompei?
- 16 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 17 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 18 Palermo and Taormina
- 19 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 20 Oystercard/Travelcard planning
- 21 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 22 Where to stay for one night ???
- 23 Car Rental Locations
- 24 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 25 Tour-Free Travel