My wife and I will be travelling to Paris for the first time in April. We will be staying at an apartment hotel with a full kitchen for seven days. We plan to cook most of our meals with goods from the local fresh markets. Please provide any suggestions or recommendation on what to buy and where. We are staying in an area filled with little shops, markets, quiet streets and small gardens close to the The Parc Georges Brassens. We plan to use public transportation. Aside from the major sites (Louvre, Arc De Triomphe, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower) we would like visit as many non-touristy and charming places as possible. We would like to experience the culture and the romance that Paris is known for. Also, I have heard that the more touristy sites have long lines that can be very time consuming. What are the best times that we can beat the crowds and are there any places that we should avoid completely? I know that the Louvre is massive; any suggestions regarding what to focus on in the span of a few hours? I also speak some French and I plan to brush up before our trip. Is it preferable to (try to) speak French while in Paris?
Thanks in advance and I look forward to the responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL@Password Reset CONTACT ☎1800:681:7208AOLTec*h
- 2 Dell@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 3 Greece
- 4 Ex-pats with young kids
- 5 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 6 southeast sicily town as home base
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 9 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 10 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 11 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 12 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 13 London with Teens Trip Report
- 14 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 15 Top Tapas Tascas
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 19 Iceland car rental agencies
- 20 Ludwig Castles
- 21 Best Viking Sites
- 22 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 23 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 24 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 25 Hotels in Turin
Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience