My wife and I will be travelling to Paris for the first time in April. We will be staying at an apartment hotel with a full kitchen for seven days. We plan to cook most of our meals with goods from the local fresh markets. Please provide any suggestions or recommendation on what to buy and where. We are staying in an area filled with little shops, markets, quiet streets and small gardens close to the The Parc Georges Brassens. We plan to use public transportation. Aside from the major sites (Louvre, Arc De Triomphe, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower) we would like visit as many non-touristy and charming places as possible. We would like to experience the culture and the romance that Paris is known for. Also, I have heard that the more touristy sites have long lines that can be very time consuming. What are the best times that we can beat the crowds and are there any places that we should avoid completely? I know that the Louvre is massive; any suggestions regarding what to focus on in the span of a few hours? I also speak some French and I plan to brush up before our trip. Is it preferable to (try to) speak French while in Paris?
Thanks in advance and I look forward to the responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 2 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 3 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 4 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 7 Short Trip in July
- 8 Things to do in Brussels
- 9 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 Campervan in Croatia
- 13 K-Day
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 16 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 17 UK Visa Help
- 18 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 19 Spain in December
- 20 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 21 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 22 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 25 Cell Phone Question
Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience