Partner and I are going to Paris for my birthday. We won't be suffering from any jet lag as we are flying off from UK.
You've all helped us plenty while creating our itinerary and I wanted to post the finalized version as we are leaving in 10 days. Suggestions are much appreciated.
DAY ONE -
•Arrive at CDG - take the RER B (Direction : Orsay-Ville) from CDG and it will take you to Denfert Rochereau. Walk from Denfert Rochereu to the apartment. Relax and freshen up then head to go Marché Auguste-Blanqui.
•Prepare light lunch and head to The Luxembourg Gardens for picnic
•Explore Saint-Sulpice and stop by Pierre Herme for macaroons. Stop by Café de Flore on our way to Musee d'Orsay. (Just follow Bld. Saint-Germen)
•Walk along the river bank until reaching Pont des Arts. Put our lock there. Pass Pont Neuf and head to Place Saint Michele. Walk down the boulevard and make it to the Pantheon while exploring Latin Quarter.
•Head back to the apartment from the Pantheon
DAY TWO -
•Take the metro to Louvre Museum explore it and then start our walk from - Tuileries Garden, Concorde Square, Alexandre III Bridge, Eiffel Tower, Trocadéro and Triumphal Arch
•Rest of the day is up to my partner's planning as it's my birthday.
DAY THREE -
•Catch the RER B to Notre Dame de Paris and climb the towers
•Walk to Saint Chapel
•Walk to Palais de Justice and Conciergerie Palace
•After taking some pictures cross the pedestrian bridge (last one) and enter Marais
•See Hotel de Ville and continue down Rue de vivoli until reaching Saint Paul M
•Walk to Pl. des Vosges and have some food
•Walk to Village St-Paul
•Back to the apartment for some nap time
Late afternoon/evening: Montmartre
•Take metro line 4, "direction Porte Cignancourt". Walk towards the dome, climb the stairs.
•Visit Sacre Coueur (open until 10:30 p.m.) at sunset. Possible climb on the domes (open until 7 p.m.).
•Head to Place des Tertres for a real feel of the neighborhood
Either walk to RER C St Michel Notre Dame, or take RER B Train towards Gare du Nord. Take the RER C direction: “Versailles - Rive Gauche“.
Late afternoon/evening: Berthillon ice cream and Ile St.-Louis; walk to Maison Europeenne de la Photographie and see the exhibition then stroll back to the apartment
Edited: 4:36 pm, today
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Copenhagen or Stockholm?
- 2 iPhone stolen in Paris
- 3 First Weekend in Switzerland
- 4 Archetypical White Christmas
- 5 sncf help
- 6 Buying Plane Tickets 101
- 7 Horses, Kayaking and Adventure in Iceland
- 8 Paris Here We Come
- 9 Gluten-Free Paris recommendations
- 10 Paris dining-with teens
- 11 ICELAND DAY 2 and 3!
- 12 Where to visit around Toulouse
- 13 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 14 zugspitze in October
- 15 Trouble in Istanbul or just precautions?
- 16 Ferrari Factory
- 17 Ideas for last-minute 8N/8D couple's trip to Europe from London please
- 18 Possible flight cancellation?
- 19 How best to travel from Florence to Sorrento
- 20 15 Days in Italy - Cost breakdown & notes
- 21 Another Paris Trip Report
- 22 Madrid & Barcelona Questions
- 23 Postcards from Retirement-The Scotland Edition
- 24 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 25 Best new years?
Paris - Finalized version of our four day itinerary. Any thoughts?