We will be in Paris in early July for five nights with our almost 11 year old grand daughter (her first trip to Paris, but not to Europe) and will be staying at an apartment in the 6th on Rue Saint Andre des Arts.
We are looking for places for dinner that at casual, mostly classic and with good cuisine – AND – are reasonably family accommodating – no chains. Our grand daughter, who can easily handle a two hour meal, is not a picky eater but also not overly adventurous.
We would really appreciate your comments and suggestions on our possible dinner spots, mostly within walking (even if a long walk) distance of our apartment.
Le Bistro d’Henri
Balazar (an old favorite)
Le Petit Pontoise
And as fall backs:
Chez Jenny (in the 3rd)
Brasserie de Ille St Louis (for a simple food break)
Also, will there be a problem in the following share arrangement (that we use when traveling in the US ) for the three of us. One first (or two) and two mains (or one first, one main and one menu).
Looking forward to any and all responses.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 4 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 5 Greek Islands (small)
- 6 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 7 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 8 Scotland in 7 Days
- 9 Azores
- 10 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 13 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 14 Cascais or Algarve?
- 15 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 16 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 17 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 18 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 19 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 20 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 23 Short Trip in July
- 24 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 25 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!