I am planning on traveling to Paris during the Christmas holidays. I cannot depart before the 18th of Dec and must be back home by Jan 4. I’ve traveled a great deal internationally but have not been to Paris. I plan to stay 8 or 9 days and would like advice on the best area to stay. Having read comments above still wondering central or further out, especially since I am traveling during the winter. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. BTW, I am a 68 yo female traveling with a male companion. I am in good health, but not as robust as I once was, sigh.
Lastly, I usually travel on my own, not through organized tours. But, Trafalgar has an 8 or 9 day trip called Explore Paris. If anyone has any advice about using Trafalgar or that particular trip, I would appreciate your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague itinerary advice
- 2 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 3 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 4 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 5 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 6 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 7 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 8 Self drive tour companies
- 9 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 10 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 11 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 Italian lakes
- 14 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 15 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 16 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 17 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 18 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 19 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 20 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 21 10 day Italy
- 22 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 23 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Santorini lodging