I am planning on traveling to Paris during the Christmas holidays. I cannot depart before the 18th of Dec and must be back home by Jan 4. I’ve traveled a great deal internationally but have not been to Paris. I plan to stay 8 or 9 days and would like advice on the best area to stay. Having read comments above still wondering central or further out, especially since I am traveling during the winter. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. BTW, I am a 68 yo female traveling with a male companion. I am in good health, but not as robust as I once was, sigh.
Lastly, I usually travel on my own, not through organized tours. But, Trafalgar has an 8 or 9 day trip called Explore Paris. If anyone has any advice about using Trafalgar or that particular trip, I would appreciate your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 2 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 3 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 4 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 5 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 6 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 7 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 8 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 9 Highclare Castle
- 10 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 11 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 12 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 13 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 14 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 18 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 19 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 20 Salzburg itinerary review
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 23 Globus Iberian Tour
- 24 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 25 A bit overwhelmed!!!