I am planning on traveling to Paris during the Christmas holidays. I cannot depart before the 18th of Dec and must be back home by Jan 4. I’ve traveled a great deal internationally but have not been to Paris. I plan to stay 8 or 9 days and would like advice on the best area to stay. Having read comments above still wondering central or further out, especially since I am traveling during the winter. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. BTW, I am a 68 yo female traveling with a male companion. I am in good health, but not as robust as I once was, sigh.
Lastly, I usually travel on my own, not through organized tours. But, Trafalgar has an 8 or 9 day trip called Explore Paris. If anyone has any advice about using Trafalgar or that particular trip, I would appreciate your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 7 Juangfrau / mt
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 12 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 17 Questions about Polish sights
- 18 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 21 Ireland travel passport question
- 22 Italy
- 23 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?