I am planning on traveling to Paris during the Christmas holidays. I cannot depart before the 18th of Dec and must be back home by Jan 4. I’ve traveled a great deal internationally but have not been to Paris. I plan to stay 8 or 9 days and would like advice on the best area to stay. Having read comments above still wondering central or further out, especially since I am traveling during the winter. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. BTW, I am a 68 yo female traveling with a male companion. I am in good health, but not as robust as I once was, sigh.
Lastly, I usually travel on my own, not through organized tours. But, Trafalgar has an 8 or 9 day trip called Explore Paris. If anyone has any advice about using Trafalgar or that particular trip, I would appreciate your thoughts.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL@Password Reset CONTACT ☎1 800:681:7208AOLTec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 3 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 4 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 5 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 6 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 7 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 8 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 9 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 10 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 11 Berlin to ?
- 12 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 13 Studying art in English in venice
- 14 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 15 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 16 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 17 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 18 Trogir or Split
- 19 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Hotels in Turin
- 22 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 23 Istria in two days
- 24 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 25 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris