Did our research here for many hours for our first trip to Paris! So here we are! Our first mistake was buying buttermilk when we thought we were buying milk at the Monoprix around the corner from where we are staying. No problem, we thought we'll make buttermilk pancakes for breakfast. We need baking powder and searched for the translation and came up with levain en poudre on a translator service online. We go back to the Monoprix where we are getting to be a couple of regulars and they sell us levure chimique which I think might be brewer's yeast? Though we can find baking soda, we've had no luck finding cream of tartar to go with it as a substitute. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 2 Mama Mia Italy!
- 3 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 4 Best time of day to get tickets to the Anne Frank Haus?
- 5 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 6 Chasing the Tour de France 2014
- 7 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 8 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 9 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 10 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 11 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 12 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 13 Paris in black and white
- 14 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 15 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 16 Grad Schools in London?
- 17 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 18 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 19 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 20 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 21 Cotswolds first time
- 22 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 23 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 24 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 25 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??