Did our research here for many hours for our first trip to Paris! So here we are! Our first mistake was buying buttermilk when we thought we were buying milk at the Monoprix around the corner from where we are staying. No problem, we thought we'll make buttermilk pancakes for breakfast. We need baking powder and searched for the translation and came up with levain en poudre on a translator service online. We go back to the Monoprix where we are getting to be a couple of regulars and they sell us levure chimique which I think might be brewer's yeast? Though we can find baking soda, we've had no luck finding cream of tartar to go with it as a substitute. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 2 Norwegian Air?
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 5 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 6 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 9 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 10 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 11 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 12 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 13 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 14 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 15 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 16 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 17 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 18 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 19 Highclare Castle
- 20 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 21 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 22 Salzburg itinerary review
- 23 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 24 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 25 Travelling to Russia during FIFA