Did our research here for many hours for our first trip to Paris! So here we are! Our first mistake was buying buttermilk when we thought we were buying milk at the Monoprix around the corner from where we are staying. No problem, we thought we'll make buttermilk pancakes for breakfast. We need baking powder and searched for the translation and came up with levain en poudre on a translator service online. We go back to the Monoprix where we are getting to be a couple of regulars and they sell us levure chimique which I think might be brewer's yeast? Though we can find baking soda, we've had no luck finding cream of tartar to go with it as a substitute. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 2 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 3 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 4 Paris---baguette question???
- 5 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 6 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 7 English Countryside
- 8 Scenic Driving Routes
- 9 Visiting Spain in January
- 10 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 11 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 12 Flights from Croatia
- 13 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 14 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 15 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 16 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 17 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 18 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 19 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 20 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 21 Europe in late January
- 22 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 23 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 24 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 25 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes