Did our research here for many hours for our first trip to Paris! So here we are! Our first mistake was buying buttermilk when we thought we were buying milk at the Monoprix around the corner from where we are staying. No problem, we thought we'll make buttermilk pancakes for breakfast. We need baking powder and searched for the translation and came up with levain en poudre on a translator service online. We go back to the Monoprix where we are getting to be a couple of regulars and they sell us levure chimique which I think might be brewer's yeast? Though we can find baking soda, we've had no luck finding cream of tartar to go with it as a substitute. Any suggestions? Thanks!
- 1 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 2 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 7 days in Italy over Christmas - transportation and itinerary suggestion?
- 9 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 10 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 11 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 12 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 13 Istanbul hotels
- 14 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 15 2 Week European Itinerary
- 16 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 19 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 20 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 21 More help with housing in Puglia
- 22 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 23 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 24 To Paris and Provence in June
- 25 Channel Islands