Did our research here for many hours for our first trip to Paris! So here we are! Our first mistake was buying buttermilk when we thought we were buying milk at the Monoprix around the corner from where we are staying. No problem, we thought we'll make buttermilk pancakes for breakfast. We need baking powder and searched for the translation and came up with levain en poudre on a translator service online. We go back to the Monoprix where we are getting to be a couple of regulars and they sell us levure chimique which I think might be brewer's yeast? Though we can find baking soda, we've had no luck finding cream of tartar to go with it as a substitute. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 8 Days in Spain
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 7 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 8 Amsterdam
- 9 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 10 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 11 Scenic cruise advice
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 Italy Car Scam
- 14 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 15 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 16 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 19 God Save the Queen?
- 20 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 21 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 22 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 23 Iceland early december visit
- 24 Paris to Italy
- 25 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes