Did our research here for many hours for our first trip to Paris! So here we are! Our first mistake was buying buttermilk when we thought we were buying milk at the Monoprix around the corner from where we are staying. No problem, we thought we'll make buttermilk pancakes for breakfast. We need baking powder and searched for the translation and came up with levain en poudre on a translator service online. We go back to the Monoprix where we are getting to be a couple of regulars and they sell us levure chimique which I think might be brewer's yeast? Though we can find baking soda, we've had no luck finding cream of tartar to go with it as a substitute. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cordoba or Granada?
- 2 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 3 Need help texting between US and French cell phones
- 4 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 5 Netherlands, Alps, Tuscany
- 6 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 7 August Trip Planning
- 8 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 9 Reservations needed for Frankfurt->Offenburg train?
- 10 Barcelona or Seville for 2 weeks
- 11 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 12 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 13 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 14 Newcastle train info
- 15 8 day trip from Denmark to Austria and Switzerland
- 16 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 17 Need advice to plan a trip for graduation gift
- 18 Touring Wales
- 19 Rome & Amalfi Coast (driving/Public Transit questions)
- 20 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 21 2 wk in Italy-Venice/Florence/CT/Pisa/Rome
- 22 Please critique my itinerary
- 23 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 24 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 25 Bus from Montepulciano, Italy to Roma Fiumicino Airport?