I've been browsing through these Forums for quite a few days, seeing some amazing suggestions and really helpful information for my upcoming Europe trip.
I am in my mid-20s travelling solo this fall to Paris for a few short days. Extremely excited about this, but also a little apprehensive as it is my first time EVER travelling alone.
I currently have the following dilemma; after reading books and guides and reviews, as well as talking to friends, I have my heart set on the Latin Quarter.
However, I have found a very cute apartment through the AirBNB rental site in the 16th district for a LOT cheaper than any hotel I have seen in the Latin Quarter - I'm talking 150Euros vs 55 (!!!).
Anyone have recommendations for either area?
Safety is my first priority. And because with sites like hotwire and priceline, I'm used to 4 and 5 star hotels for cheap cheap cheap (in North America), so it'd be lovely to stay somewhere quality as well ...
I'm excited to explore the touristy parts of Paris, but also already imagining spending my evenings in cute coffee shops/bars and doing some vintage shopping.
I also welcome any recommendations on restaurants and bars. or anything else for that matter!
Thank you so much for anyone's suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 ◐ 도메인 : pwn21.com●가입코 드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 3 Getting around London
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 6 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 9 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 10 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 11 Andalucia Spain
- 12 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 13 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 14 Vigo Spain????
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 17 Paris in August
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 23 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground