I've been browsing through these Forums for quite a few days, seeing some amazing suggestions and really helpful information for my upcoming Europe trip.
I am in my mid-20s travelling solo this fall to Paris for a few short days. Extremely excited about this, but also a little apprehensive as it is my first time EVER travelling alone.
I currently have the following dilemma; after reading books and guides and reviews, as well as talking to friends, I have my heart set on the Latin Quarter.
However, I have found a very cute apartment through the AirBNB rental site in the 16th district for a LOT cheaper than any hotel I have seen in the Latin Quarter - I'm talking 150Euros vs 55 (!!!).
Anyone have recommendations for either area?
Safety is my first priority. And because with sites like hotwire and priceline, I'm used to 4 and 5 star hotels for cheap cheap cheap (in North America), so it'd be lovely to stay somewhere quality as well ...
I'm excited to explore the touristy parts of Paris, but also already imagining spending my evenings in cute coffee shops/bars and doing some vintage shopping.
I also welcome any recommendations on restaurants and bars. or anything else for that matter!
Thank you so much for anyone's suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 2 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 3 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 4 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 5 Italy in 11 Days
- 6 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 7 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 8 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 9 3 week trip with children
- 10 paris and france with my teenage daughter
- 11 dinner jackets
- 12 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 Trip to Rome
- 15 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 16 What is a good chip and pin card that works in Europe?
- 17 test
- 18 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 19 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 20 Vatican City questions
- 21 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 22 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 23 Saas Fee Cycling (and bike Rental)
- 24 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 25 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017