I've been browsing through these Forums for quite a few days, seeing some amazing suggestions and really helpful information for my upcoming Europe trip.
I am in my mid-20s travelling solo this fall to Paris for a few short days. Extremely excited about this, but also a little apprehensive as it is my first time EVER travelling alone.
I currently have the following dilemma; after reading books and guides and reviews, as well as talking to friends, I have my heart set on the Latin Quarter.
However, I have found a very cute apartment through the AirBNB rental site in the 16th district for a LOT cheaper than any hotel I have seen in the Latin Quarter - I'm talking 150Euros vs 55 (!!!).
Anyone have recommendations for either area?
Safety is my first priority. And because with sites like hotwire and priceline, I'm used to 4 and 5 star hotels for cheap cheap cheap (in North America), so it'd be lovely to stay somewhere quality as well ...
I'm excited to explore the touristy parts of Paris, but also already imagining spending my evenings in cute coffee shops/bars and doing some vintage shopping.
I also welcome any recommendations on restaurants and bars. or anything else for that matter!
Thank you so much for anyone's suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 2 Budapest on a budget
- 3 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 4 Guides - Matera
- 5 Girona and Besalau
- 6 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 7 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 8 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 9 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 10 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 11 What Greek islands should I visit
- 12 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 13 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 14 French lavender and cottages
- 15 Cork or Galway?
- 16 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 17 One quick week -- where in France?
- 18 MiFi in Italy
- 19 Major quake in central Itay
- 20 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 21 3 days with a Swindon base
- 22 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 23 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 24 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 25 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers