I've been browsing through these Forums for quite a few days, seeing some amazing suggestions and really helpful information for my upcoming Europe trip.
I am in my mid-20s travelling solo this fall to Paris for a few short days. Extremely excited about this, but also a little apprehensive as it is my first time EVER travelling alone.
I currently have the following dilemma; after reading books and guides and reviews, as well as talking to friends, I have my heart set on the Latin Quarter.
However, I have found a very cute apartment through the AirBNB rental site in the 16th district for a LOT cheaper than any hotel I have seen in the Latin Quarter - I'm talking 150Euros vs 55 (!!!).
Anyone have recommendations for either area?
Safety is my first priority. And because with sites like hotwire and priceline, I'm used to 4 and 5 star hotels for cheap cheap cheap (in North America), so it'd be lovely to stay somewhere quality as well ...
I'm excited to explore the touristy parts of Paris, but also already imagining spending my evenings in cute coffee shops/bars and doing some vintage shopping.
I also welcome any recommendations on restaurants and bars. or anything else for that matter!
Thank you so much for anyone's suggestions in advance!
Paris as solo traveller: 16th district or Latin Quarter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 2 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 3 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 4 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 5 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 6 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 7 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 8 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 9 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 10 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 11 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 12 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 13 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 14 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 15 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 16 London neighborhood suggestions
- 17 What to wear
- 18 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 19 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Andalucia, Morocco
- 20 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 21 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 22 3 weeks in Europe
- 23 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 24 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 25 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28