I've been browsing through these Forums for quite a few days, seeing some amazing suggestions and really helpful information for my upcoming Europe trip.
I am in my mid-20s travelling solo this fall to Paris for a few short days. Extremely excited about this, but also a little apprehensive as it is my first time EVER travelling alone.
I currently have the following dilemma; after reading books and guides and reviews, as well as talking to friends, I have my heart set on the Latin Quarter.
However, I have found a very cute apartment through the AirBNB rental site in the 16th district for a LOT cheaper than any hotel I have seen in the Latin Quarter - I'm talking 150Euros vs 55 (!!!).
Anyone have recommendations for either area?
Safety is my first priority. And because with sites like hotwire and priceline, I'm used to 4 and 5 star hotels for cheap cheap cheap (in North America), so it'd be lovely to stay somewhere quality as well ...
I'm excited to explore the touristy parts of Paris, but also already imagining spending my evenings in cute coffee shops/bars and doing some vintage shopping.
I also welcome any recommendations on restaurants and bars. or anything else for that matter!
Thank you so much for anyone's suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 2 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 Iceland trip report!
- 5 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 6 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 7 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 8 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 9 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 10 Paris and Normandy
- 11 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 12 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 13 London Hotel - Different Request
- 14 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 15 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 16 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 17 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 18 London in Winter Report
- 19 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 20 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 21 Airport Transit Visa
- 22 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 23 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 24 Paris advice with kids
- 25 Anniversary trip to France