I've been browsing through these Forums for quite a few days, seeing some amazing suggestions and really helpful information for my upcoming Europe trip.
I am in my mid-20s travelling solo this fall to Paris for a few short days. Extremely excited about this, but also a little apprehensive as it is my first time EVER travelling alone.
I currently have the following dilemma; after reading books and guides and reviews, as well as talking to friends, I have my heart set on the Latin Quarter.
However, I have found a very cute apartment through the AirBNB rental site in the 16th district for a LOT cheaper than any hotel I have seen in the Latin Quarter - I'm talking 150Euros vs 55 (!!!).
Anyone have recommendations for either area?
Safety is my first priority. And because with sites like hotwire and priceline, I'm used to 4 and 5 star hotels for cheap cheap cheap (in North America), so it'd be lovely to stay somewhere quality as well ...
I'm excited to explore the touristy parts of Paris, but also already imagining spending my evenings in cute coffee shops/bars and doing some vintage shopping.
I also welcome any recommendations on restaurants and bars. or anything else for that matter!
Thank you so much for anyone's suggestions in advance!
Paris as solo traveller: 16th district or Latin Quarter?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 2 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 3 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 4 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 5 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 6 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 7 Raining in rome
- 8 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 9 Internet or travel agent?
- 10 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 11 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 12 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 13 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 14 2 Weeks in Paris
- 15 Christmas in Munich
- 16 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 17 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 18 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 19 Porto area, sights, day trips, areas to stay?
- 20 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 21 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 22 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 23 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 24 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 25 İstanbul Travel guide