I've been browsing through these Forums for quite a few days, seeing some amazing suggestions and really helpful information for my upcoming Europe trip.
I am in my mid-20s travelling solo this fall to Paris for a few short days. Extremely excited about this, but also a little apprehensive as it is my first time EVER travelling alone.
I currently have the following dilemma; after reading books and guides and reviews, as well as talking to friends, I have my heart set on the Latin Quarter.
However, I have found a very cute apartment through the AirBNB rental site in the 16th district for a LOT cheaper than any hotel I have seen in the Latin Quarter - I'm talking 150Euros vs 55 (!!!).
Anyone have recommendations for either area?
Safety is my first priority. And because with sites like hotwire and priceline, I'm used to 4 and 5 star hotels for cheap cheap cheap (in North America), so it'd be lovely to stay somewhere quality as well ...
I'm excited to explore the touristy parts of Paris, but also already imagining spending my evenings in cute coffee shops/bars and doing some vintage shopping.
I also welcome any recommendations on restaurants and bars. or anything else for that matter!
Thank you so much for anyone's suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 2 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 3 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 4 Safe to bring jewelry onboard
- 5 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 6 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 7 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 8 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 9 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 10 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 11 4 days in switzerland
- 12 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 13 European Cooking Secrets
- 14 Basque country ideas
- 15 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 16 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 17 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 18 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 19 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 20 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 21 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 22 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 23 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 24 First trip to Italy
- 25 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?