I've been browsing through these Forums for quite a few days, seeing some amazing suggestions and really helpful information for my upcoming Europe trip.
I am in my mid-20s travelling solo this fall to Paris for a few short days. Extremely excited about this, but also a little apprehensive as it is my first time EVER travelling alone.
I currently have the following dilemma; after reading books and guides and reviews, as well as talking to friends, I have my heart set on the Latin Quarter.
However, I have found a very cute apartment through the AirBNB rental site in the 16th district for a LOT cheaper than any hotel I have seen in the Latin Quarter - I'm talking 150Euros vs 55 (!!!).
Anyone have recommendations for either area?
Safety is my first priority. And because with sites like hotwire and priceline, I'm used to 4 and 5 star hotels for cheap cheap cheap (in North America), so it'd be lovely to stay somewhere quality as well ...
I'm excited to explore the touristy parts of Paris, but also already imagining spending my evenings in cute coffee shops/bars and doing some vintage shopping.
I also welcome any recommendations on restaurants and bars. or anything else for that matter!
Thank you so much for anyone's suggestions in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 2 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 3 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 4 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 5 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 6 12 nights in Greek islands
- 7 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 8 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 9 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 10 Classical Music in Milan
- 11 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 13 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 14 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 15 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 16 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 17 Pousadas in Portugal
- 18 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 19 Antiques shopping Rome
- 20 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 21 Scotland Trip Planning
- 22 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 23 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 24 Paris food tours?
- 25 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location