I will be in Paris for the first time and have a few questions about arrondissements. What exactly are they? Are they similar to a zip code area in the U.S.? How large is each one? How large is the area of Paris that includes all the arrondisements?
I am considering staying in the 14th or the 17th. Is this a good idea?
Usually my thought on hotels is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. I would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and use the money I save on nice dinners and souvineers. But I don't want to compromise my safety by staying in an unsafe area. So are the 14th and 17th safe areas?
I read in another thread that northern and north eastern Paris is dangerous. By northern and north eastern do they mean the 17th, or does it refer to areas more north and north east then that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 2 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 3 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 4 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 5 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 6 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 7 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 8 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 9 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 10 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 11 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 14 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 15 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 16 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 17 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 18 Super Cover For Hertz
- 19 When to Visit Scotland
- 20 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 21 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 22 Amalfi Coast help
- 23 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 24 Sicily
- 25 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?