I will be in Paris for the first time and have a few questions about arrondissements. What exactly are they? Are they similar to a zip code area in the U.S.? How large is each one? How large is the area of Paris that includes all the arrondisements?
I am considering staying in the 14th or the 17th. Is this a good idea?
Usually my thought on hotels is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. I would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and use the money I save on nice dinners and souvineers. But I don't want to compromise my safety by staying in an unsafe area. So are the 14th and 17th safe areas?
I read in another thread that northern and north eastern Paris is dangerous. By northern and north eastern do they mean the 17th, or does it refer to areas more north and north east then that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 2 10 nights in France
- 3 Shopping in Paris
- 4 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 5 Villa Stefania-Cortona, Italy
- 6 Where to stop along the way
- 7 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 8 December in Deutschland
- 9 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 10 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 11 5 full days in Rome too much?
- 12 Croatia Itenerary
- 13 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 14 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 15 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 16 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 17 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 18 Rome and Venice in December
- 19 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 20 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 21 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 22 Safest way to get to Dunkerque from Calais ferry terminal
- 23 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 24 Brussels Airport
- 25 spanish winery region(s)