I will be in Paris for the first time and have a few questions about arrondissements. What exactly are they? Are they similar to a zip code area in the U.S.? How large is each one? How large is the area of Paris that includes all the arrondisements?
I am considering staying in the 14th or the 17th. Is this a good idea?
Usually my thought on hotels is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. I would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and use the money I save on nice dinners and souvineers. But I don't want to compromise my safety by staying in an unsafe area. So are the 14th and 17th safe areas?
I read in another thread that northern and north eastern Paris is dangerous. By northern and north eastern do they mean the 17th, or does it refer to areas more north and north east then that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vienna or Budapest?
- 2 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 3 Paris---baguette question???
- 4 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 5 Portugal itinerary help
- 6 Puglia or La Langhe
- 7 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 8 Rome
- 9 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 10 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 11 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 12 Booking hotels before trains
- 13 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 14 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 15 Visiting Spain in January
- 16 Italy/Greece with kids
- 17 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 18 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 19 Munich
- 20 English Countryside
- 21 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 22 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 23 Need help in travel planning
- 24 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 25 French immersion courses in France