I will be in Paris for the first time and have a few questions about arrondissements. What exactly are they? Are they similar to a zip code area in the U.S.? How large is each one? How large is the area of Paris that includes all the arrondisements?
I am considering staying in the 14th or the 17th. Is this a good idea?
Usually my thought on hotels is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. I would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and use the money I save on nice dinners and souvineers. But I don't want to compromise my safety by staying in an unsafe area. So are the 14th and 17th safe areas?
I read in another thread that northern and north eastern Paris is dangerous. By northern and north eastern do they mean the 17th, or does it refer to areas more north and north east then that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 2 Spain in July
- 3 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 4 Meteora for older folk
- 5 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 8 Train help for Prague
- 9 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 10 Athens
- 11 We're here!
- 12 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 13 Petrol in Greece
- 14 Germany train help!
- 15 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 16 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 17 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 Budapest & Prague
- 20 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 21 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 22 Paris day trips August
- 23 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 24 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 25 Acorn TV