I will be in Paris for the first time and have a few questions about arrondissements. What exactly are they? Are they similar to a zip code area in the U.S.? How large is each one? How large is the area of Paris that includes all the arrondisements?
I am considering staying in the 14th or the 17th. Is this a good idea?
Usually my thought on hotels is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. I would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and use the money I save on nice dinners and souvineers. But I don't want to compromise my safety by staying in an unsafe area. So are the 14th and 17th safe areas?
I read in another thread that northern and north eastern Paris is dangerous. By northern and north eastern do they mean the 17th, or does it refer to areas more north and north east then that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 2 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 3 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 4 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 5 Rental car scams in Italy
- 6 Rome Areas to stay
- 7 Italy - Month of July
- 8 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 9 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 10 Is this the right way<>?
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 Autumn in Paris
- 13 Europe Tour with Kids
- 14 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 15 St Germain
- 16 22 days or DIY tour
- 17 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 18 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 19 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 20 England & Scotland in April
- 21 Your favourite places in Bath
- 22 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 23 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 24 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 25 Shipping Prosecco