I will be in Paris for the first time and have a few questions about arrondissements. What exactly are they? Are they similar to a zip code area in the U.S.? How large is each one? How large is the area of Paris that includes all the arrondisements?
I am considering staying in the 14th or the 17th. Is this a good idea?
Usually my thought on hotels is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. I would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and use the money I save on nice dinners and souvineers. But I don't want to compromise my safety by staying in an unsafe area. So are the 14th and 17th safe areas?
I read in another thread that northern and north eastern Paris is dangerous. By northern and north eastern do they mean the 17th, or does it refer to areas more north and north east then that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 2 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 3 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 4 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 5 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 6 Hotel in Venice
- 7 hotels in Seville
- 8 London tube
- 9 London hotel
- 10 7 days in Greece
- 11 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 12 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 13 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 14 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 15 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 16 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 17 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 18 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 19 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 22 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 23 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 24 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 25 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY