I will be in Paris for the first time and have a few questions about arrondissements. What exactly are they? Are they similar to a zip code area in the U.S.? How large is each one? How large is the area of Paris that includes all the arrondisements?
I am considering staying in the 14th or the 17th. Is this a good idea?
Usually my thought on hotels is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. I would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and use the money I save on nice dinners and souvineers. But I don't want to compromise my safety by staying in an unsafe area. So are the 14th and 17th safe areas?
I read in another thread that northern and north eastern Paris is dangerous. By northern and north eastern do they mean the 17th, or does it refer to areas more north and north east then that?
- 1 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 2 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 3 Family European winter holiday
- 4 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 8 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 11 Travel by train or bus
- 12 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 13 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 14 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 15 Traveling within Italy
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 Florence in October
- 18 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 19 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 20 London at Easter
- 21 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 22 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 24 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 25 Advises for trip to Russia