I will be in Paris for the first time and have a few questions about arrondissements. What exactly are they? Are they similar to a zip code area in the U.S.? How large is each one? How large is the area of Paris that includes all the arrondisements?
I am considering staying in the 14th or the 17th. Is this a good idea?
Usually my thought on hotels is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. I would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and use the money I save on nice dinners and souvineers. But I don't want to compromise my safety by staying in an unsafe area. So are the 14th and 17th safe areas?
I read in another thread that northern and north eastern Paris is dangerous. By northern and north eastern do they mean the 17th, or does it refer to areas more north and north east then that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 2 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 3 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 4 Greece and Italy Combo
- 5 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 6 Cinqueterre
- 7 Car rental in Europe (Kemwel)
- 8 Clean up spam
- 9 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 10 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 11 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 12 Marathon Sunday in Budapest
- 13 Visit to Engand
- 14 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 15 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 16 Amalfi Coast, Italy
- 17 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 18 Able to use Googlepay or Samsung Pay?
- 19 Gardens & GTGs
- 20 credit and debit cards
- 21 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 22 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 23 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 24 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 25 Seeking advice on apt rental