I will be in Paris for the first time and have a few questions about arrondissements. What exactly are they? Are they similar to a zip code area in the U.S.? How large is each one? How large is the area of Paris that includes all the arrondisements?
I am considering staying in the 14th or the 17th. Is this a good idea?
Usually my thought on hotels is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. I would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and use the money I save on nice dinners and souvineers. But I don't want to compromise my safety by staying in an unsafe area. So are the 14th and 17th safe areas?
I read in another thread that northern and north eastern Paris is dangerous. By northern and north eastern do they mean the 17th, or does it refer to areas more north and north east then that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 2 Bernina Express tickets
- 3 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 4 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 5 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 6 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 7 staying a month or so in each place
- 8 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 9 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 10 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 11 Spending money in Italy?
- 12 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 13 nice, affordable hotel in Ljubljana
- 14 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 15 3 weeks in Europe
- 16 Turin To Toulon late Aug/Early Sept
- 17 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 18 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 19 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 20 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 21 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 22 10 days in England
- 23 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 24 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 25 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!