I will be in Paris for the first time and have a few questions about arrondissements. What exactly are they? Are they similar to a zip code area in the U.S.? How large is each one? How large is the area of Paris that includes all the arrondisements?
I am considering staying in the 14th or the 17th. Is this a good idea?
Usually my thought on hotels is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. I would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and use the money I save on nice dinners and souvineers. But I don't want to compromise my safety by staying in an unsafe area. So are the 14th and 17th safe areas?
I read in another thread that northern and north eastern Paris is dangerous. By northern and north eastern do they mean the 17th, or does it refer to areas more north and north east then that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 2 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 3 People visiting Slovenia
- 4 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 5 Valencia Spain
- 6 Language to use in Belgium
- 7 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 8 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 9 Germany-Car or Train
- 10 Visiting Zurich
- 11 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 12 Brussels flower tapestry
- 13 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 14 Places to visit from Zurich
- 15 SURPRISE TRIP
- 16 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 17 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 18 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 19 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 20 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 21 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 24 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 25 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris