I will be in Paris for the first time and have a few questions about arrondissements. What exactly are they? Are they similar to a zip code area in the U.S.? How large is each one? How large is the area of Paris that includes all the arrondisements?
I am considering staying in the 14th or the 17th. Is this a good idea?
Usually my thought on hotels is that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel. I would rather stay in a less expensive hotel and use the money I save on nice dinners and souvineers. But I don't want to compromise my safety by staying in an unsafe area. So are the 14th and 17th safe areas?
I read in another thread that northern and north eastern Paris is dangerous. By northern and north eastern do they mean the 17th, or does it refer to areas more north and north east then that?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 2 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 3 Show your intense love by sending awesome gifts on this Mother’s Day
- 4 Need help in completing trip details
- 5 Avoid Europcar!
- 6 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 7 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 8 Which area to stay in London
- 9 Scotland - We're Here!
- 10 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 11 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 12 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 13 Madrid food advice needed
- 14 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 15 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 16 Split to Hvar
- 17 Paris for children
- 18 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 21 Algarve - is it for me?
- 22 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 23 Itinery help Crete
- 24 Naples + Walking Tour
- 25 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May