I am new to the forum but found lots of useful information for my upcoming trip already. I will be in Paris for the first time for a conference and have decided to rent an apartment for the week. I like the idea of Montmartre being less touristy and crowded but am not sure if it's safe (since from what I've read, the Pigalle area can be seedy/ sleazy). My first choice is:
Rue Chappe 75018 Paris, france
It's immediately south of the Sacre-Coeur Basilica and close to the Abbesses Metro as well as the Pigalle Metro. What do you guys think?
Or will I be better off staying in the 5th or 7th Arrondissement?
Thanks so much!!
Paris Apartment Question
- 1 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 2 Paris metro
- 3 Help choosing lodging on Antrim coast area
- 4 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 5 Beauty Products in France?!
- 6 Soloing Russian Winter - The Travel Tips
- 7 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 8 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 9 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 10 Four Days in Seville
- 11 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 12 Help me with Dali and Costa Brava itinerary from Barcelona
- 13 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 14 Help with itenerary
- 15 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 16 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 17 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 18 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 19 Rome Airport to Amalfi Coast
- 20 2 Week Trip to France - Please Help Me Stu Dudley
- 21 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 22 What is the best food in France?
- 23 Trenitalia
- 24 Estonia
- 25 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days