My wife and I will be celebrating our first anniversary in Paris in May 2016. We are both young and very active, and I'm trying to think of something epic I can do to surprise her all day and all night. I've definitely checked out the trip reports posted by others, and they have helped me. I am considering a Bateaux Parisiens dinner cruise with a window reservation, and do believe the view from the Seine at night will be stunning. However, I'd love to fill the day as well with something really fun and even marked by an adrenaline rush, if possible So, I thought about a hot air balloon but I could only find one that is tethered, instead of free-flying. I thought about dining in the dark (my wife is a foodie but I am not, but this is for her anyway!) at Dans Le Noir, as we've never done that and it may be a novel and enjoyable experience. I've also thought about Aerokart's free-fall wind tunnel adventure activity, which apparently involves falling from 12,000 feet - but this may be lame. Not sure. I've also thought about Pari-Roller, since apparently tons of people go out rollerblading around the city on Friday nights from 10pm to 1am? Is this for real? Can I just rent rollerblades and join in?
Anyway, that's all I've got. I would love some specific, personal advice from those who are knowledgeable. I'm grateful for your time and input, and don't take it for granted. I know there are tons of posts to read and respond to. Just want to make this the most amazing day ever for her.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 2 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 3 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 4 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 5 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 10 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 11 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 12 10 day travel itinerary with a 3 year old. please comment. Month of MAy
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Rouen Tour Companies
- 15 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 16 Andalucia itinerary help
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 21 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 22 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 23 Ireland itinerary help please
- 24 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city
Paris, Anniversary, Young Couple, Planning for Adventure/Romance