My wife and I will be celebrating our first anniversary in Paris in May 2016. We are both young and very active, and I'm trying to think of something epic I can do to surprise her all day and all night. I've definitely checked out the trip reports posted by others, and they have helped me. I am considering a Bateaux Parisiens dinner cruise with a window reservation, and do believe the view from the Seine at night will be stunning. However, I'd love to fill the day as well with something really fun and even marked by an adrenaline rush, if possible So, I thought about a hot air balloon but I could only find one that is tethered, instead of free-flying. I thought about dining in the dark (my wife is a foodie but I am not, but this is for her anyway!) at Dans Le Noir, as we've never done that and it may be a novel and enjoyable experience. I've also thought about Aerokart's free-fall wind tunnel adventure activity, which apparently involves falling from 12,000 feet - but this may be lame. Not sure. I've also thought about Pari-Roller, since apparently tons of people go out rollerblading around the city on Friday nights from 10pm to 1am? Is this for real? Can I just rent rollerblades and join in?
Anyway, that's all I've got. I would love some specific, personal advice from those who are knowledgeable. I'm grateful for your time and input, and don't take it for granted. I know there are tons of posts to read and respond to. Just want to make this the most amazing day ever for her.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 2 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 3 4 days itinerary for France
- 4 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 5 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 6 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 7 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 8 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 9 vienna
- 10 Questions about Polish sights
- 11 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 12 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 13 Bernina Express mid-March
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 16 Italy
- 17 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 22 where to stay in London?
- 23 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 24 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 25 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
Paris, Anniversary, Young Couple, Planning for Adventure/Romance