My wife and I will be celebrating our first anniversary in Paris in May 2016. We are both young and very active, and I'm trying to think of something epic I can do to surprise her all day and all night. I've definitely checked out the trip reports posted by others, and they have helped me. I am considering a Bateaux Parisiens dinner cruise with a window reservation, and do believe the view from the Seine at night will be stunning. However, I'd love to fill the day as well with something really fun and even marked by an adrenaline rush, if possible So, I thought about a hot air balloon but I could only find one that is tethered, instead of free-flying. I thought about dining in the dark (my wife is a foodie but I am not, but this is for her anyway!) at Dans Le Noir, as we've never done that and it may be a novel and enjoyable experience. I've also thought about Aerokart's free-fall wind tunnel adventure activity, which apparently involves falling from 12,000 feet - but this may be lame. Not sure. I've also thought about Pari-Roller, since apparently tons of people go out rollerblading around the city on Friday nights from 10pm to 1am? Is this for real? Can I just rent rollerblades and join in?
Anyway, that's all I've got. I would love some specific, personal advice from those who are knowledgeable. I'm grateful for your time and input, and don't take it for granted. I know there are tons of posts to read and respond to. Just want to make this the most amazing day ever for her.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One day in Lille, France
- 2 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 3 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 4 Tuscany car rental and accommodations
- 5 17 days in England
- 6 ideal rental car
- 7 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 8 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 9 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 10 Help with basic itinerary
- 11 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 12 Greece and Italy Combo
- 13 Country Estate Hotel in England
- 14 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 15 Greece and Italy Combo
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 17 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 18 Final Four
- 19 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 20 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 21 Married couple first time to Europe, 4 cities over 2 weeks, questions.
- 22 Which city order makes most sense?
- 23 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 24 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 25 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
Paris, Anniversary, Young Couple, Planning for Adventure/Romance