My wife and I will be celebrating our first anniversary in Paris in May 2016. We are both young and very active, and I'm trying to think of something epic I can do to surprise her all day and all night. I've definitely checked out the trip reports posted by others, and they have helped me. I am considering a Bateaux Parisiens dinner cruise with a window reservation, and do believe the view from the Seine at night will be stunning. However, I'd love to fill the day as well with something really fun and even marked by an adrenaline rush, if possible So, I thought about a hot air balloon but I could only find one that is tethered, instead of free-flying. I thought about dining in the dark (my wife is a foodie but I am not, but this is for her anyway!) at Dans Le Noir, as we've never done that and it may be a novel and enjoyable experience. I've also thought about Aerokart's free-fall wind tunnel adventure activity, which apparently involves falling from 12,000 feet - but this may be lame. Not sure. I've also thought about Pari-Roller, since apparently tons of people go out rollerblading around the city on Friday nights from 10pm to 1am? Is this for real? Can I just rent rollerblades and join in?
Anyway, that's all I've got. I would love some specific, personal advice from those who are knowledgeable. I'm grateful for your time and input, and don't take it for granted. I know there are tons of posts to read and respond to. Just want to make this the most amazing day ever for her.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 2 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 3 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 4 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 5 PARIS
- 6 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 7 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 8 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 November in Rome
- 13 Germany or Sweden
- 14 Alitala
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 17 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 18 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 19 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 20 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 21 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 22 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 London vacation rental agency
- 25 Sicily help
Paris, Anniversary, Young Couple, Planning for Adventure/Romance