My wife and I will be celebrating our first anniversary in Paris in May 2016. We are both young and very active, and I'm trying to think of something epic I can do to surprise her all day and all night. I've definitely checked out the trip reports posted by others, and they have helped me. I am considering a Bateaux Parisiens dinner cruise with a window reservation, and do believe the view from the Seine at night will be stunning. However, I'd love to fill the day as well with something really fun and even marked by an adrenaline rush, if possible So, I thought about a hot air balloon but I could only find one that is tethered, instead of free-flying. I thought about dining in the dark (my wife is a foodie but I am not, but this is for her anyway!) at Dans Le Noir, as we've never done that and it may be a novel and enjoyable experience. I've also thought about Aerokart's free-fall wind tunnel adventure activity, which apparently involves falling from 12,000 feet - but this may be lame. Not sure. I've also thought about Pari-Roller, since apparently tons of people go out rollerblading around the city on Friday nights from 10pm to 1am? Is this for real? Can I just rent rollerblades and join in?
Anyway, that's all I've got. I would love some specific, personal advice from those who are knowledgeable. I'm grateful for your time and input, and don't take it for granted. I know there are tons of posts to read and respond to. Just want to make this the most amazing day ever for her.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 2 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 3 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 6 Scotland itinerary advice
- 7 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 8 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 9 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 10 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 11 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 12 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 13 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 14 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 15 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 16 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 17 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 18 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 19 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 20 Valencia Spain
- 21 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 22 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 23 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 24 Visiting Zurich
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
Paris, Anniversary, Young Couple, Planning for Adventure/Romance