I'm planning a trip to see Paris and head down toward the south of France/Northwest Italy in September. I wanted to reach out as I did a trip to Italy last year and got some invaluable advice on that trip. Like last time, my biggest constraint is length of time. I'm only planning to be on the trip for 11 days (two of which will be flights, so really 9 days).
Here's a base itenerary:
- Fly into Paris overnight, arriving at around noon.
- Stay for Two full nights, then plan to do the overnight train to Nice
- Stay in Nice/Cannes for 3 nights
- Take a train from Nice/Cannes to La Spezia in Italy
- Spend two nights in Cinque Terre area
- Take train on final day to Milan, spend time in Milan then fly home the next day
Here are my main questions:
- Nice or Cannes (read a few on both, seems like Cannes would be more fun)
- Am I grossly underestimating the time I should spend in Paris?
- Is it worth trying to do Cinque Terre? Or should I focus on France?
- Is the overnight train a good idea?
Here's my own background and points to make:
- Trip with two people in their mid twenties, in good shape (walking and hiking are not issues)
- Hotel budget would be planned to be up to $300 a night, but preferring the $150 to $225 range
- I know point to point train tickets work well, already found some good deals on these
- I'm a fan of museums/art/history, but my companion is not. They would rather see gardens/tourist sights/natural locations. What sort of issue would this cause in these locations?
I will definitely be coming back to this forum a lot as I make some decisions to provide updates. One thing to note, I was told last time I had too little time to do everything, but it worked out well, so I may be a little overconfident in getting all of this done.
Thanks for all the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 2 인터넷신천지 ▣ 홈피:≫ttw46.com≪
- 3 로얄카지노추천■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■라이브카지노ゅ라이브카지노
- 4 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 5 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 6 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 7 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 8 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 11 Cordoba Overnight?
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 14 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 15 Sintra
- 16 Scotland Trip Report
- 17 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 18 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 19 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 20 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 21 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 22 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 23 Kayaking in Avignon
- 24 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 25 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up