We are planning a family trip to Southern Europe in Dec/Jan and Paris in Jan ad have booked an apartment in Paris at the end of our trip for 7 days. After 4 weeks of visiting Morocco, Rome, Spain and London we thought a week in Paris at the end would be great. But as we only have 7 days max in France we are thinking that perhaps we should only stay in Paris for 4 nights and spend 3 nights staying somewhere a few hours out of Paris, possibly in a beautiful French town to give our girls a different experience. Is there any place not too far from Paris that would be worth the effort to go or would it be better to spend the whole week in Paris and be able to soak up the whole atmosphere. Weather is also a consideration given that it will be very cold. I would love to hear your thoughts here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Norwegian Air?
- 3 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 6 Highclare Castle
- 7 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 8 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 9 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 10 Salzburg itinerary review
- 11 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 14 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 21 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 22 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 23 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017