We are planning a family trip to Southern Europe in Dec/Jan and Paris in Jan ad have booked an apartment in Paris at the end of our trip for 7 days. After 4 weeks of visiting Morocco, Rome, Spain and London we thought a week in Paris at the end would be great. But as we only have 7 days max in France we are thinking that perhaps we should only stay in Paris for 4 nights and spend 3 nights staying somewhere a few hours out of Paris, possibly in a beautiful French town to give our girls a different experience. Is there any place not too far from Paris that would be worth the effort to go or would it be better to spend the whole week in Paris and be able to soak up the whole atmosphere. Weather is also a consideration given that it will be very cold. I would love to hear your thoughts here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Barcelona alternative
- 3 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 4 Paris to Italy
- 5 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 6 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 9 Days in Spain
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Frankfurt to UK
- 12 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 13 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 14 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 15 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 16 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 17 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 18 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 19 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 20 Electrical Power Conversion
- 21 Douro Valley in January?
- 22 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 23 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 24 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna