So I'm landing in paris on a Saturday mid-morning in Paris with my 5 yr old kid, and I have chalked out a few basic plans for the trip. My son walks and walks a lot and is used to a 10 hour of sight seeing travel plans (we both a re travel junkies) however I have tried keep our plan as breezy as possible, I would absolutely welcome your suggestion based on the fact that it's just the two of us and safety being the top-most priority when travelling:
Day 1(Saturday): Rest it out in the hotel (staying in XI arrondisement) till 3 pm and head to eiffel in the evening (have already booked tickets for 6:00 pm) and head back to the hotel
Day 2(Sunday): Head to NotreDame in the morning, walk down the main street of St. Louis en Ile to Amorino for gelato and lunch. Squeeze in catacomb if possible. Take the Latin Quarter tour at 2:30 pm and spend the evening at Luxembourg garden before returning to the hotel.
Day 3(Monday): Disneyland and river Seine cruise in the evening
Day 4(Tuesday): A day trip to Versailles (also on Tuesday we can watch the musical fountain) and take one of the hop on hop-off tours by bus in the evening.
Day 5 (Wednesday): Louvre (probable do the Da vince Tour) , walk through Jardin de Tuilleries to Champ Elysees & Arc de triomph
Day 6 (Thursday): Jardin des Plantes and Montmartre tour before leaving to Fontainebleau to meet my family.
(Rest in Fontainebleau for a couple of days before visiting Brussels, Normandy and Bordeaux with rest of the family) but for now I'd appreciate if you can suggest any other place that I should not miss out or if you think I can go easy on a particular day
Much appreciate your responses. Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 2 Engadine Valley help
- 3 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 4 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 5 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 6 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 7 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 8 Honeymoon in Greece
- 9 Italy for Christmas Week
- 10 A Month stay in Southern France
- 11 Shoes in Scotland
- 12 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 13 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 14 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 15 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 16 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 17 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 18 Portugal with large family
- 19 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 20 restaurants in Marais district
- 21 Sicily
- 22 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 23 Palazzo Ravizza or Il Battistero-Siena?
- 24 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 25 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants