My wife and I will be traveling to Paris the last week of Oct – first week of Nov. This is our first time abroad. Is 12 full days in Paris too long? (I know, we can't see everything in 12 days) but we were thinking we may want to put 1 other destination in. We were considering somewhere to the south (warmer weather) like Rome.
Our budget is modest, but we're not going to cut corners and regret anything later. (We're thinking of AirBnB's) for lodging and eating frugally for breakfast & lunch, then maybe doing it up a little for dinner. Hopefully <$125 per day. What is a realistic budget for meals per day?
Here's where I'm probably answering my own question; I don't want to come home tired and needing a vacation from my vacation! I was thinking we should take our sweet time like any good Parisian (even putting a day or two of rest in there) and just see Paris. We definitely want to see the usual places in town but also Versaillles (Palace and Grounds) Fontainebleau and Chartres.
So, would you do 1 beautiful city or 2?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. -Mark
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 2 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 3 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 4 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 5 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 6 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 7 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 8 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 9 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 10 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 11 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 12 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 13 Hiking in Switzerland
- 14 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 17 CASH OR CARD?
- 18 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 19 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 20 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 21 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 22 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 23 2 days in Lugano area
- 24 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 25 Need help planning trip after Paris