My wife and I will be traveling to Paris the last week of Oct – first week of Nov. This is our first time abroad. Is 12 full days in Paris too long? (I know, we can't see everything in 12 days) but we were thinking we may want to put 1 other destination in. We were considering somewhere to the south (warmer weather) like Rome.
Our budget is modest, but we're not going to cut corners and regret anything later. (We're thinking of AirBnB's) for lodging and eating frugally for breakfast & lunch, then maybe doing it up a little for dinner. Hopefully <$125 per day. What is a realistic budget for meals per day?
Here's where I'm probably answering my own question; I don't want to come home tired and needing a vacation from my vacation! I was thinking we should take our sweet time like any good Parisian (even putting a day or two of rest in there) and just see Paris. We definitely want to see the usual places in town but also Versaillles (Palace and Grounds) Fontainebleau and Chartres.
So, would you do 1 beautiful city or 2?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. -Mark
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 2 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 5 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 6 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 7 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 8 International Flight Question
- 9 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 10 Interesting places to visit
- 11 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 12 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 13 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 14 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 15 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 Budapest in December 2017
- 18 Petrol in Greece
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 25 We're here!