My wife and I will be traveling to Paris the last week of Oct – first week of Nov. This is our first time abroad. Is 12 full days in Paris too long? (I know, we can't see everything in 12 days) but we were thinking we may want to put 1 other destination in. We were considering somewhere to the south (warmer weather) like Rome.
Our budget is modest, but we're not going to cut corners and regret anything later. (We're thinking of AirBnB's) for lodging and eating frugally for breakfast & lunch, then maybe doing it up a little for dinner. Hopefully <$125 per day. What is a realistic budget for meals per day?
Here's where I'm probably answering my own question; I don't want to come home tired and needing a vacation from my vacation! I was thinking we should take our sweet time like any good Parisian (even putting a day or two of rest in there) and just see Paris. We definitely want to see the usual places in town but also Versaillles (Palace and Grounds) Fontainebleau and Chartres.
So, would you do 1 beautiful city or 2?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. -Mark
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Driving through Paris
- 3 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Road trip with our dog
- 7 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 8 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 12 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 17 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 18 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 19 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 20 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 21 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 22 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 23 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 24 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 25 Can parking