My wife and I will be traveling to Paris the last week of Oct – first week of Nov. This is our first time abroad. Is 12 full days in Paris too long? (I know, we can't see everything in 12 days) but we were thinking we may want to put 1 other destination in. We were considering somewhere to the south (warmer weather) like Rome.
Our budget is modest, but we're not going to cut corners and regret anything later. (We're thinking of AirBnB's) for lodging and eating frugally for breakfast & lunch, then maybe doing it up a little for dinner. Hopefully <$125 per day. What is a realistic budget for meals per day?
Here's where I'm probably answering my own question; I don't want to come home tired and needing a vacation from my vacation! I was thinking we should take our sweet time like any good Parisian (even putting a day or two of rest in there) and just see Paris. We definitely want to see the usual places in town but also Versaillles (Palace and Grounds) Fontainebleau and Chartres.
So, would you do 1 beautiful city or 2?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions. -Mark
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 2 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 3 Scotland in 7 Days
- 4 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 5 Need advice on our trip to Germany, Switzerland and Austria
- 6 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 7 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 8 Azores
- 9 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 10 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 11 Connection time in Athens?
- 12 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 13 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 14 Short Trip in July
- 15 Ludwig Castles
- 16 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 17 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 18 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 19 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 20 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 21 Escorted Tours
- 22 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 23 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 24 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing