So I'm in Paris.
Coming from Belgium and staying in hotels. A bit like a tourist.
Bruxelles : strong military and police presence at the hall of justice.
I came early in case checks or whatever would happen. Nothing. Train was 20 min late, waiting for authorization to start its journey. 'for reasons of safety we incurr a delay of 20 min' somehow I guess it is not the last time I've heard this.
Train arrived 20 min late in Lyon. No passport control. No check. No nothing.
No military presence in Lyon that I noticed. Took the car, drove one hour - quiet.
Tonight, back from Lyon to Paris. Train 20 min late due to congestion.
Arriving in gare de Lyon. No strong military or police presence felt or seen.
Nobody on the streets (was 9 30 pm). Went to eat at 'la biche au bois' (excellent, got a rabbit - the wild one - lièvre in french, forgetting now the name in english). Excellent bordeaux (ormes de pez 2007). Last week they made 90 meals on monday eve, today 36.
Difficult to find a velib - then went to the Seine and back (not really for tourism, wrong address on hotels.com). Went twice around Bastille - no car or hardly. So back to 11th. Not many people on the street.
Had booked hotel yesterday, a good 3 stars for 110 €. Lots of choice. Upgraded in a 'suite'. Nice.
Lots of cancellations on the week end, less now.
No idea about tourist 'attractions' - wasn't there on the day. More to come tomorrow if you permit...
Have a good day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 4 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 5 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 10 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 11 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 12 Bruges
- 13 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 14 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 15 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 16 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 17 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 18 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 19 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 20 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 21 Planning A trip
- 22 A week in the Occitanie
- 23 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 24 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 25 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
So I'm in Paris.