So I'm in Paris.
Coming from Belgium and staying in hotels. A bit like a tourist.
Bruxelles : strong military and police presence at the hall of justice.
I came early in case checks or whatever would happen. Nothing. Train was 20 min late, waiting for authorization to start its journey. 'for reasons of safety we incurr a delay of 20 min' somehow I guess it is not the last time I've heard this.
Train arrived 20 min late in Lyon. No passport control. No check. No nothing.
No military presence in Lyon that I noticed. Took the car, drove one hour - quiet.
Tonight, back from Lyon to Paris. Train 20 min late due to congestion.
Arriving in gare de Lyon. No strong military or police presence felt or seen.
Nobody on the streets (was 9 30 pm). Went to eat at 'la biche au bois' (excellent, got a rabbit - the wild one - lièvre in french, forgetting now the name in english). Excellent bordeaux (ormes de pez 2007). Last week they made 90 meals on monday eve, today 36.
Difficult to find a velib - then went to the Seine and back (not really for tourism, wrong address on hotels.com). Went twice around Bastille - no car or hardly. So back to 11th. Not many people on the street.
Had booked hotel yesterday, a good 3 stars for 110 €. Lots of choice. Upgraded in a 'suite'. Nice.
Lots of cancellations on the week end, less now.
No idea about tourist 'attractions' - wasn't there on the day. More to come tomorrow if you permit...
Have a good day.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 4 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 5 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 6 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 7 4 days each in London and Paris
- 8 Switzerland in September
- 9 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 10 A few more questions about Brittany
- 11 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 12 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 13 Positano or Sorrento?
- 14 Paris in November
- 15 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 16 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 17 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 18 London Theater
- 19 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 20 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 21 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 22 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 23 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 24 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 25 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
So I'm in Paris.