I will try my hand a trip report...if only to relive the sweet time in Paris.
We left Orange County California on December 22 and I was a nervous wreck. Many here sat through my dealing with our Air France tickets via Orbitz - having them, not having them, etc. I did not have seats and was dreading a 10 plus hour flight with all middle seats.
The flight was a breeze - I give a shout out to AirFrance it was fabulous - two meals - all the movies you can watch - We slept on and off through most of the flight. Even 11 year old dd who hates to fly and does not sleep on planes - Tylenol PM and she was OUT.
Upon arrival in this beautiful city we cruised through customs, and got our bags - caught up with my stepson's friend no real issues. He had a much longer day then us going from LAX to JFK to LHR to Paris.
We used www.shuttle-inter.com
upon the advice from this board. It was 85 E for the 6 of us and what seemed to be mounds of bags.
Our apartment was rented through VBRO - but it was handled through an agency not an owner
www.purchasepropertyinparis.com - Stacey was the representative. I rented it back in Feb. of 08. It is a "real" three bedroom, 2 real bathrooms in the Latin Quarter at 16, rue des Ecoles. LOVED the location. The cost was 3,150.00 Euros for 10 nights. (I think? I know it was right around 4,000 USD when it was said and done - around 400.00 a night). I will share more about the apartment later.
Quick (as if anything with 6 people can be quick?) unpacking and off to explore. The weather was fabulous last night - clear and cool. Could not be nicer! Hope it stays like that but I imagine that might be too much to ask for .
Strolled the streets and found a lovely corner cafe - it was yummy! The best part? The wine! Oh my - a carafe of wine for around 15.00 dollars? Love that!!
Then off for crepes from the street! Nuttella and bananas..not sure that is fair!
Everyone has been so helpful, charming and kind.
A fine start to our holiday!
Now..I should get off to try to sleep. Tomorrow morning is Christmas Eve here - we are going to the Christmas markets and then the Notre Damn which is within walking distance from our apartment.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
- 2 suggestions needed: Seville--> Cadiz/Conil/...
- 3 Brugge or Ghent?
- 4 3 days with a Swindon base
- 5 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 6 Local markets in Italy
- 7 http://www.muscle4power.com/jack-hammer-xl-reviews/
- 8 part to half has been Georgia residence
- 9 One quick week -- where in France?
- 10 http://glycematefacts.com/thunder-rock-male-enhancement-scam/
- 11 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 12 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 13 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 14 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 15 http://isscamreview.com/tanaka-cargill-group-scam/
- 16 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 17 Sicily transportation
- 18 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 19 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 20 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 21 Renaissance art - what is a "bierhead" ?
- 22 dubrovnik activities. Bay of Kotor
- 23 Jetlagged first day in Hamburg
- 24 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 25 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
Paris - Christmas, New Years with a familyh of 6!