I'm rather shocked by the news of the papal resignation! We are planning to visit Rome next week. Any ideas if this news will make visiting the Vatican more difficult in any way? Or might there be something made more interesting by this news? I assume if the college of cardinals are meeting, the Sistine chapel will be closed. But maybe there will be some special masses or other rare events going on?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 2 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 3 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 4 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 5 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 6 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 7 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 8 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 9 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 10 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 11 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 12 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 13 Brugge photo on Bing
- 14 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 15 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 16 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 17 I went to Paris in June
- 18 Help with a small island in Greece
- 19 Cotswolds village base
- 20 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 21 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 22 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 23 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 24 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 25 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1