I'm rather shocked by the news of the papal resignation! We are planning to visit Rome next week. Any ideas if this news will make visiting the Vatican more difficult in any way? Or might there be something made more interesting by this news? I assume if the college of cardinals are meeting, the Sistine chapel will be closed. But maybe there will be some special masses or other rare events going on?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 Rome Accommodation
- 3 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 4 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 5 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 6 rent car / Munich
- 7 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Italian Lakes gardens
- 10 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 11 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 12 Greek islands from Turkey
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 TGV and Provence questions
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 21 More help with housing in Puglia
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Weekend in Lake Bled?