I'm rather shocked by the news of the papal resignation! We are planning to visit Rome next week. Any ideas if this news will make visiting the Vatican more difficult in any way? Or might there be something made more interesting by this news? I assume if the college of cardinals are meeting, the Sistine chapel will be closed. But maybe there will be some special masses or other rare events going on?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 2 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 3 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 7 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 8 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 9 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 10 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 11 Three ferries to Mull
- 12 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 13 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 14 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 15 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 16 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 17 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 18 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 19 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 21 French Basque region
- 22 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 23 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 24 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 25 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!