I'm rather shocked by the news of the papal resignation! We are planning to visit Rome next week. Any ideas if this news will make visiting the Vatican more difficult in any way? Or might there be something made more interesting by this news? I assume if the college of cardinals are meeting, the Sistine chapel will be closed. But maybe there will be some special masses or other rare events going on?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 2 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 3 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 4 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 5 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 6 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 7 Europe itinerary advice
- 8 Bayeux tapestry
- 9 Bus ride to Positano
- 10 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 11 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 12 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 13 Camino No-No
- 14 Advice for large family trip to Ireland next summer
- 15 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 16 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 17 Group Transportation in French Riviera
- 18 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 19 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 20 Anywhere to run in Granada?
- 21 Is Capri overrated?
- 22 A week in Paris
- 23 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 24 Day trips from Budapest and Vienna
- 25 Train des Pignes